For those who didn't like PDZ

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
What did you hate about it? For me I hated the voice acting, the story sucked, the game never felt intense to me and the action sucked, I thought the level design was good but it doesn't mean anything when the action itself sucks, and even though the online play was good it just wasn't the kinda game that wowed me like when I first played Halo 2 one year then COD 2 the next and then Gears of War last year.
crazywayne287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 crazywayne287
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
the voice acting was horrible. there was too many guns, i didnt like that. they focused to much on alot of ppl online then fun online. story mode was just boring, seemed like i was just getting dropped into random places, it was never like one story going to the next. i loved co op though.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#3 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Pretty much everything about the single player.

Online multiplayer was great though.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
I didn't mind the single player.  It had some fun missions (the jungle missions should have been destroyed for sucking so hard though.)  My only real big complaint was how absurd the difficulty settings where.  Perfect Agent difficulty is so hard, I don't even want to know how hard Dark Agent difficulty is.  
miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
single player was just excruciatingly boring Multiplayer wise, its still my favorite online shooter
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Especially offline multi with a few friends and bots. The single-player is pretty bad, though, for sure.
nrt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nrt25
Member since 2005 • 670 Posts
Craptastic Single Player But best multiplayer game on the 360 in terms of interface, amount of players per game, and depth in selection of game types...
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I disliked the gameplay especially when playing against the computer in multiplayer. All they do is roll when you shoot them which is just idiotic! Plus, you had to unload a clip and a half just to kill someone! It was okay until I got to play other shooters that were just a much better experience because they had good, solid gameplay that wasn't hampered by something like PDZ was. It's just a subpar shooter compared to the other ones on the 360.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#9 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
it was a huge stepback from Perfect Dark. I didn't feel like a spy...everything was too run and gun to be spyish.
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
It's single player campaign is so boring.

Infection on multiplayer is awesome though.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Oh, why I hated PDZ, let us count the ways:

(1) - targeting/aiming.  Probably the worst aiming ever on a console.  Yes, you could adjust the values, but there never was a combination of x, y, speed turn, etc. that seemed to work.  Too many - see enemy, move reticle, fire, nudge reticle, nudge reticle, fire, nudge again, fire - moments.  I'm not saying that it needed crappy auto aim, like in Just Cause, just make the movent/aiming more tuned for using a controller.

(2) - the cartoony character models.  They would have been fine, had the entire game had a cartoony feel to it, but the environments were very detailed and realistic, then you get these crappy character models.  Its like the two programming departments never bothered to talk to one another.

(3) - the story.  It tried to be MGS and flopped.  Too many twists and turns, that really had nothing to do with advancing the plot.

(4) - plastic.  Too much plastic.  At least, it seemed like everything in the world was made out of this shiny plastic.  wtf?

SirSalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirSalami
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts
I knew i hated the game after i heard the intro song.
Avatar image for deactivated-65441e217e74c
deactivated-65441e217e74c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-65441e217e74c
Member since 2003 • 308 Posts
To all you haters out there.... If you played the first PD game (N64) and liked it...you would have enjoyed this game. without playing hte first one through many times, you will not get most of this game. This game does have many flaws, but it also has many strong points. I think ppl are to critical of launch titles. P.S. Halo 2 sucked.. if i wanted to play Halo one again, i would just put in the disc. and save 50 bucks.
E-MaCk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 E-MaCk
i dislike the gameplay in general, and i dispised the motion blur it was like you're rotating at 160mph.
E-MaCk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 E-MaCk
To all you haters out there.... If you played the first PD game (N64) and liked it...you would have enjoyed this game. without playing hte first one through many times, you will not get most of this game. This game does have many flaws, but it also has many strong points. I think ppl are to critical of launch titles. P.S. Halo 2 sucked.. if i wanted to play Halo one again, i would just put in the disc. and save 50 bucks.seanmcgee87
i loved the first PD, and halo2 plays nothing like halo.
perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
1) Targeting is the best because it requires skill and practice instead of being easy and noobish 2) The character models are awesome. Rare has a great design team. 3) The story doesn't copy mgs. And mgs needs a good story because the gameplay and replay value are lacking. PDZ has awesome gameplay, options and replay value therefore it doesn't need cheezy mgs style story. BTW mgs is a cheezy kids franchise. LOL 4) The graphics are still the best of any game this generation period (ps3 or 360) 5) PDZ is the best game on 360 and blows away the competition, I have played pdz everyday since launch. Gears got boring after a couple weeks and there hasn't been any games out that can match pdz. PDZ just isn't noob friendly. But if you want the best gaming experience on 360 then play pdz online and get some skills. Then you'll know its the best game ever.
NaaN_BreaD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaaN_BreaD
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
The only memorable thing from PDZ is that "Limelight" song playing in the night club.
sf5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sf5150
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
This might be a dumb reason to black ball  a game, but I cant stand games that don't allow you to jump.
NaaN_BreaD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaaN_BreaD
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

This might be a dumb reason to black ball  a game, but I cant stand games that don't allow you to jump.sf5150

You'd hate Crackdown.

jimmymg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jimmymg
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts
I loved Perfect Dark.

I hate PDZ,biggest disepointment ever.
nish14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nish14
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
its a pretty good game. has its flaws but still holds up, especially for a launch title. CO-OP is where its at tho!
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
My problems were the controls, the muddy graphics and the fact that the Superdragon was the only really fun gun in the game, all the rest seemed too weak and pathetic. The problem, of course, is that the super dragon is therefore overpowered. But really, new games just came out that were much more fun.
fares_bytes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 fares_bytes
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
to me it felt like a rushed game,very horrible animations,the shooting aspect was not good at all,music was ok,but come one,it was a hpyed game that went wrong
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

1) Targeting is the best because it requires skill and practice instead of being easy and noobish 2) The character models are awesome. Rare has a great design team. 3) The story doesn't copy mgs. And mgs needs a good story because the gameplay and replay value are lacking. PDZ has awesome gameplay, options and replay value therefore it doesn't need cheezy mgs style story. BTW mgs is a cheezy kids franchise. LOL 4) The graphics are still the best of any game this generation period (ps3 or 360) 5) PDZ is the best game on 360 and blows away the competition, I have played pdz everyday since launch. Gears got boring after a couple weeks and there hasn't been any games out that can match pdz. PDZ just isn't noob friendly. But if you want the best gaming experience on 360 then play pdz online and get some skills. Then you'll know its the best game ever.perfect-dank-0

:lol:  Do you work for Rare?  To each his own, but I've played hundreds of Xbox and Xbox 360 games and PDZ had the worst targeting/aiming system I've ever played.  For example, when you went to zoom-in on a target, the reticle would magically shift to some other location, thus forcing you to have to re-acquire your target while zoomed-in.  wtf?  To me, GRAW has just about the best controls/aiming on consoles. 

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#25 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

To all you haters out there.... If you played the first PD game (N64) and liked it...you would have enjoyed this game. without playing hte first one through many times, you will not get most of this game. This game does have many flaws, but it also has many strong points. I think ppl are to critical of launch titles. P.S. Halo 2 sucked.. if i wanted to play Halo one again, i would just put in the disc. and save 50 bucks.seanmcgee87

no. just no...

i love the original and this is a big step down in almost every catagory from the original... except online play and graphics.

the story sucked, less weapons, the gadgets were pretty much useless, one of the most enjoyable thing was the challenge mode that was taken out so the multiplayer took a little hit.

with how innovative PD was on the 64, there's no reason for Rare to churn out such an average game except to meet a deadline.

Morphumax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Morphumax
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts
I liked it.  The gun choices and all the ammo you had to empty into an enemy at least made it challenging, if frustrating at the beginning.  I had to get used to certain things. Rolling and cover took some time to incorporate. All shooters feel a little different when it comes to AI tactics, aiming, reloading, weapon choices, etc. So nothing made me hate the game--I liked it--but things like the shiny textures, the bad checkpoints and the music took away from it a bit. As far as the shiny stuff, I know it is "stylization" or whatever, but human skin should not look like oiled leather. Incidentally, I think PDZ did jungle combat 100% better than any incarnation of Far Cry.  Way better. Like (the original Xbox) Morrowind, being an early title on a machine that has since had more time to blossom has hurt PDZ a bit, but I enjoyed it more than a few other more popular titles that I won't mention. 
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
PDZ is awesome online... i hated the singleplayer though :D
nyyankees22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 nyyankees22
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
it was fun at frist but then i just got bord of the single player and the achievments are terrible fro the game