This topic is locked from further discussion.

sophonmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 sophonmore
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

Hi. Do you think it will be possible to have xbox live in the future for free.

It might. What do you think?

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
it would be cool, but i highly doubt it. They might not be able to get anything out of it!
sophonmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sophonmore
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
Yeh they would. A easy way to make moey off Xbox live is making the game devlopers pay them money if they want to post demos or servers etc. Then they wouldn't have to make us pay. That could work.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
I perfer paying because if we wouldn't then we would probably get crappy service like PSN
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

Noth this again. But I cant help myself. PSN and Wii are inferior not because they dont charge..... but lack of experience. M$ has been dealing with the internet long before they got into the console business.

Back to the question. When the M$ game division is profitable then XBL will probally be free. But seeing how M$ took a 2 billion dollar loss on the 360.... I doubt they will make there money back this gen. Thus the next Xbox we will pay for live. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and if there is indeed a fourth Xbox I will predict Xbox live will be free.... sure that's like 20 years from now but hey that's my prediction.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
You've got free right from the box - silver. You can download demos, videos and such. Gold gives you further advantages such as online play.
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
cyou can just open every month a new account ,it will give u a month free per account...
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Giff1988

cyou can just open every month a new account ,it will give u a month free per account...omrikk87

LOL, I forgot about that. My brother was doing that. I think you also need to keep changing your E mail adress for that trick to work.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
since XBL has been around since 2002, m$ has had a long time to iron out "some" bugs and add new features. i rather pay for it because it means devs dont have to pick up the multiplayer costs.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Noth this again. But I cant help myself. PSN and Wii are inferior not because they dont charge..... but lack of experience. M$ has been dealing with the internet long before they got into the console business.

Back to the question. When the M$ game division is profitable then XBL will probally be free. But seeing how M$ took a 2 billion dollar loss on the 360.... I doubt they will make there money back this gen. Thus the next Xbox we will pay for live. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and if there is indeed a fourth Xbox I will predict Xbox live will be free.... sure that's like 20 years from now but hey that's my prediction.

Giff1988

they are for the first time predicting making a overall profit on xbox at the end of 2008 time. doubt its going t go free like, as for the demos, well u dont have to pay for that, thats what silver membership is for. gold is for playing only.

and paying does help improove the service, not because microsoft is making money, because it actually stops a few people from playing which means less people means a smoother performance ,

yeah that new email trick works a treat just keep ur one player games on ur first card and then make a new email and u get a new trail everytime. ive got my paid one for me, but my mates always make new ones for trials so they can talk on the mic. although i agree its worth paying for everymonth as its only cheap and overall really reliable service for me. i think its stupid that u need another active account for every other person playing online on ur split screen who wants to use a mic , ya should really be able to join in if one person on the machine has a active account

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giff1988
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]

djrobst

they are for the first time predicting making a overall profit on xbox at the end of 2008 time. doubt its going t go free like, as for the demos, well u dont have to pay for that, thats what silver membership is for. gold is for playing only.

and paying does help improove the service, not because microsoft is making money, because it actually stops a few people from playing which means less people means a smoother performance ,

yeah that new email trick works a treat just keep ur one player games on ur first card and then make a new email and u get a new trail everytime. ive got my paid one for me, but my mates always make new ones for trials so they can talk on the mic. although i agree its worth paying for everymonth as its only cheap and overall really reliable service for me. i think its stupid that u need another active account for every other person playing online on ur split screen who wants to use a mic , ya should really be able to join in if one person on the machine has a active account

I dont think so.... I'm pretty sure that them being profitable went right out of the window when they annonced they were giving everybody a free 3 year warranty which will cost them 2 billion dollars.

hussain356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hussain356
Member since 2005 • 179 Posts

I perfer paying because if we wouldn't then we would probably get crappy service like PSNinsane_metalist

couldntve put it better myself.

SuP3R_TooT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuP3R_TooT
Member since 2006 • 1691 Posts
what is the big deal about it being free it costs £40 a year which is like £3.40 a month and i can guarantee nearly everyone will waste that money each month on something stupid that they dont need like those times you get a craving for a choclate bar then after your like wasnt as good as i thought lol.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Maybe. But then you'd probably have to sit through a lot of commersials instead.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
yeah its only 5a a month if u can only afford monthly as well so that breaks down havng to pay 40bar out as well. i was against paying when i first got me box, used the month trial never looked back. miles better than my expeierances on ps2 and pc by ten fold
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
You've got free right from the box - silver. You can download demos, videos and such. Gold gives you further advantages such as online play.Thorpe89
True but P2P online play. But in the future it could happen that XBL would be free, and I think it would be better and show that MS actually does listen to the gamers.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

I perfer paying because if we wouldn't then we would probably get crappy service like PSNinsane_metalist

i have a ps3 and xbox 360 with live and the psn- i dont see whats so different besides the psn IS FREE!- fanboys -.-'

ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
i'd really rather it be pay... it's not expensive anyway!   if it was free there would be more chatges on a  game by game basis i think (for online play)
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

[QUOTE="insane_metalist"]I perfer paying because if we wouldn't then we would probably get crappy service like PSNsonic0491

i have a ps3 and xbox 360 with live and the psn- i dont see whats so different besides the psn IS FREE!- fanboys -.-'

I noticed a difference, the PSN is just complete rubbish, laggy, half assed build, I'd rather pay!

and btw, yes there are 360 fanboys on here, want to know why?- Because its a 360 forum duh!

and you made yourself sound like a PS3 fanboy by the making that remark

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
I think if they did that they would have to raise console and game prices to make up the lose, no matter what we lose.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Free from Microsoft, you must have lost your mind. But maybe a lower price if sony challenges Microsoft online revenues.
bozo9182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 bozo9182
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
It would be really sweet if XBOX live became free. But think about it, theres a whole bunch of people that play live, like over a few million I think (I might be wrong). That means the company that runs XBOX live make a HUGE profit. And the people that have their motto "XBOX live should be free" probably would never quit XBOX live. It would be cool if they did make it free, but I would be absolutely shocked if they actually did.
Avatar image for foolwestcoast33
foolwestcoast33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 foolwestcoast33
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
I also dont mind paying for it its less than the price of one game for a years service plus one month free and everything online works smoothly unlike previous online systems
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
I don't think so, but 60 for a year of xbox live isn't that much.
cbalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cbalas
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts
not going happen.....think demand ans supply
RageFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RageFanatic
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic0491"]

[QUOTE="insane_metalist"]I perfer paying because if we wouldn't then we would probably get crappy service like PSNWWIAB

I noticed a difference, the PSN is just complete rubbish, laggy, half assed build, I'd rather pay!

and btw, yes there are 360 fanboys on here, want to know why?- Because its a 360 forum duh!

and you made yourself sound like a PS3 fanboy by the making that remark

oooooooooo back of the bus
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Why would they, besides its a great service thats worth every penny.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

Hi. Do you think it will be possible to have xbox live in the future for free.

It might. What do you think?

sophonmore

no, MS gets too much cash flow coming in from XBL. that and the fact people have shown they are willing to pay for it, so MS isnt worried about people not paying for it and going to free services.

stolz1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stolz1975
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
ummm no bill gates is to greedy