firefight on reach!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chargingcable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chargingcable
Member since 2009 • 225 Posts

has anybody else gotten more excited about reach now that they know it is gonna have firefight and matchmakin for it and a whole bunch of other awesomeness

Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Aural_Assault
Member since 2005 • 614 Posts

I already have Halo 3 and ODST.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

Aural_Assault
wtf?
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

i thought it was pretty obvious firefight was gonna be in it..

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
no, im actaully more excited to play firefight now that its in reach, i played a lil in ODST but it was late in its life and local still fun but gettin into it from the jump has me more excited
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

redskins26rocs

wtf?

He's excited about game modes we already have in other Halo games. Who cares?

Whiteknight117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Whiteknight117
Member since 2003 • 541 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"][QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Aural_Assault

wtf?

Yeah but it wont be the same thing, there will be new maps and weapons. Plus with the new abilities it's going to be much more entertaining,
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"] wtf?Whiteknight117

Yeah but it wont be the same thing, there will be new maps and weapons. Plus with the new abilities it's going to be much more entertaining,

Most importantly - Matchmaking... And it will be all in Halo Reach glory.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I think it's gonna be great. :D
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I bet they are going to like remodel Firefight a lot you change some features.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

forge mode on firefight wouild be sweet. wonder if thats in the works. is there even a forge mode in Reach?

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I want to know if there will be multiplayer dogfighting in space.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

forge mode on firefight wouild be sweet. wonder if thats in the works. is there even a forge mode in Reach?

BLAS1AN
I dunno yet, but it'd be awesome! :D
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
I want to know if there will be multiplayer dogfighting in space.DJ_Magneto
I believe there won't, I think they said on the live Gamespot show yesterday it would be single player or co-op campaign only and not for mutliplayer versus.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]I want to know if there will be multiplayer dogfighting in space.Garfield360UK
I believe there won't, I think they said on the live Gamespot show yesterday it would be single player or co-op campaign only and not for mutliplayer versus.

that makes sense and its fine with me. this element is aimed at giving you the feel of being in a large battle. looked really cool

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Yeah there's Forge in Halo Reach , Firefight looks sweet and i am looking forward to it finally having Matchmaking which it lacked . Oh and i like the Airstrike thing looked sweet .

Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Whiteknight117"][QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Elian2530

:roll: Not a whole lot different than Halo 3. Just some gimmicky armor abilities. Judging by the beta... the MP is still broken and unbalanced like the Halo 3 MP

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="Elian2530"][QUOTE="Whiteknight117"] Yeah but it wont be the same thing, there will be new maps and weapons. Plus with the new abilities it's going to be much more entertaining,Aural_Assault

:roll: Not a whole lot different than Halo 3. Just some gimmicky armor abilities. Judging by the beta... the MP is still broken and unbalanced like the Halo 3 MP

But you can't judge the Beta like that because it's a Beta. The purpose of which is to fix balance and such. Based on gamer response and the data they collected from the Beta, changes will be made, so the final game will not be exactly like what you saw in the Beta. They even tell you that outright. And I hate when people rip on a sequel for looking and playing similar to the previous game. This is true of all sequels. That's what a sequel is. Something that follows; a continuation. If a sequel is completely different than its predecessor, then it's no longer a sequel.
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="Elian2530"] Most importantly - Matchmaking... And it will be all in Halo Reach glory.DJ_Magneto

But you can't judge the Beta like that because it's a Beta. The purpose of which is to fix balance and such. Based on gamer response and the data they collected from the Beta, changes will be made, so the final game will not be exactly like what you saw in the Beta. They even tell you that outright. And I hate when people rip on a sequel for looking and playing similar to the previous game. This is true of all sequels. That's what a sequel is. Something that follows; a continuation. If a sequel is completely different than its predecessor, then it's no longer a sequel.

I know it's a beta smart guy. But the things I'm talking about are still prevelant in Halo 3, and they have no plans of changing them in Halo Reach. I don't mind having a sequel feel a bit like its predecessor. For example, Halo 1 to Halo 2 was a great sequel. It kept the formula but changed it up a bit. However, Halo 2 feels just like Halo 3, and so far, Halo Reach looks and feels like Halo 3. I hate paying for the same effing game 3 times.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Aural_Assault

I know it's a beta smart guy. But the things I'm talking about are still prevelant in Halo 3, and they have no plans of changing them in Halo Reach. I don't mind having a sequel feel a bit like its predecessor. For example, Halo 1 to Halo 2 was a great sequel. It kept the formula but changed it up a bit. However, Halo 2 feels just like Halo 3, and so far, Halo Reach looks and feels like Halo 3. I hate paying for the same effing game 3 times.

Then don't freaking buy it then. No one's got a gun to your head. Don't buy any sequels if that's how you feel about them. Seeing that about 90% of the games any more are sequels, that leaves your options pretty limited. Also, I'm curious as to your insight of what Bungie doesn't plan on changing from Halo 3 to Reach.
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"] But you can't judge the Beta like that because it's a Beta. The purpose of which is to fix balance and such. Based on gamer response and the data they collected from the Beta, changes will be made, so the final game will not be exactly like what you saw in the Beta. They even tell you that outright. And I hate when people rip on a sequel for looking and playing similar to the previous game. This is true of all sequels. That's what a sequel is. Something that follows; a continuation. If a sequel is completely different than its predecessor, then it's no longer a sequel.DJ_Magneto

Then don't freaking buy it then. No one's got a gun to your head. Don't buy any sequels if that's how you feel about them. Seeing that about 90% of the games any more are sequels, that leaves your options pretty limited. Also, I'm curious as to your insight of what Bungie doesn't plan on changing from Halo 3 to Reach.

God weapons, allowing a single player to dominate the match. Weapon loadouts that turn every match into a racing game for said God weapons. That is why Halo multiplayer has been broken since Halo 3's release.

I hate when people say "don't buy it then" when you tell them their favorite game sucks balls and it's not very fun for some of us. The OP asked if anyone was excited for firefight. I replied saying I was not. People seemed confused by my reply, so I stated my reason. Then I get a "don't buy it then" ? :roll: Pfft... It should be obvious that I'm not buying this tripe unless some of the issues I addressed are fixed. You don't need to make that suggestion to me.

I never said I don't like sequels. I just don't like expansion packs that are labeled as sequels. I actually loved ODST because while it was labeled as an expansion pack, it was truly a break from the Halo mold and could itself have been a sequel.

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

I guess Halo fans are easily impressed. Ooo jetpacks :o, this is SO much different than the last game! (sarcasm)

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJ_Magneto

Aural_Assault

God weapons, allowing a single player to dominate the match. Weapon loadouts that turn every match into a racing game for said God weapons. That is why Halo multiplayer has been broken since Halo 3's release.

I hate when people say "don't buy it then" when you tell them their favorite game sucks balls and it's not very fun for some of us. The OP asked if anyone was excited for firefight. I replied saying I was not. People seemed confused by my reply, so I stated my reason. Then I get a "don't buy it then" ? :roll: Pfft... It should be obvious that I'm not buying this tripe unless some of the issues I addressed are fixed. You don't need to make that suggestion to me.

I never said I don't like sequels. I just don't like expansion packs that are labeled as sequels. I actually loved ODST because while it was labeled as an expansion pack, it was truly a break from the Halo mold and could itself have been a sequel.

:roll: I gave you a "Don't buy it then" because of your complaint that you "hate paying for the same effing game 3 times."
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"] Then don't freaking buy it then. No one's got a gun to your head. Don't buy any sequels if that's how you feel about them. Seeing that about 90% of the games any more are sequels, that leaves your options pretty limited. Also, I'm curious as to your insight of what Bungie doesn't plan on changing from Halo 3 to Reach.DJ_Magneto

:roll: I gave you a "Don't buy it then" because of your complaint that you "hate paying for the same effing game 3 times."

Which was a complete red herring you are trying to use to distract from my main argument.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DJ_Magneto

Aural_Assault

Which was a complete red herring you are trying to use to distract from my main argument.

I never tried to change your opinion of the game. Your opinions are duly noted. You don't like Reach. That's fine. My points were all about people who rip on sequels, or in this case a prequel, because of their similarities to previous games.
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Aural_Assault

I never tried to change your opinion of the game. Your opinions are duly noted. You don't like Reach. That's fine. My points were all about people who rip on sequels, or in this case a prequel, because of their similarities to previous games.DJ_Magneto

Indeed, but what's wrong with doing that? Why can't I justify my disdain for a game in that it's equal to more than one of its predecessors? Speaking objectively, it should upset everybody.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]

I never tried to change your opinion of the game. Your opinions are duly noted. You don't like Reach. That's fine. My points were all about people who rip on sequels, or in this case a prequel, because of their similarities to previous games.Aural_Assault

Indeed, but what's wrong with doing that? Why can't I justify my disdain for a game in that it's equal to more than one of its predecessors? Speaking objectively, it should upset everybody.

your able to state your point. we get it that you pointed out the flaws in Halo 3 and reach for you. how many times you have to say it? keep it moving? good gracious. Halo 3 is the top 5 played game almost 4 years later. your multiple postings due to your dislike for Reach and Halo 3 will have no effect on the majority dude.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]

I never tried to change your opinion of the game. Your opinions are duly noted. You don't like Reach. That's fine. My points were all about people who rip on sequels, or in this case a prequel, because of their similarities to previous games.BLAS1AN

your able to state your point. we get it that you pointed out the flaws in Halo 3 and reach for you. how many times you have to say it? keep it moving? good gracious. Halo 3 is the top 5 played game almost 4 years later. your multiple postings due to your dislike for Reach and Halo 3 will have no effect on the majority dude.

Well said quit acting like fools . you dont like Reach then good quit arguing its dulling this thread .

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

SpArKs424

Well said quit acting like fools . you dont like Reach then good quit arguing its dulling this thread .

Because this thread was so riveting before? So what if they added firefight? It was in the last game. Do something new for once, and please Bungie, you can do better than jet packs and bubbles.
Aural_Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aural_Assault

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]

I never tried to change your opinion of the game. Your opinions are duly noted. You don't like Reach. That's fine. My points were all about people who rip on sequels, or in this case a prequel, because of their similarities to previous games.BLAS1AN

I don't care if my opinion has no effect on the majority. I was asked for my opinion, so I gave it. I was asked again for my opinion, so I gave it. Get over it man. You don't need to justify your love of Halo for me with statistics. Sorry I upset you so much.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
game gets even better!
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Aural_Assault

I don't care if my opinion has no effect on the majority. I was asked for my opinion, so I gave it. I was asked again for my opinion, so I gave it. Get over it man. You don't need to justify your love of Halo for me with statistics. Sorry I upset you so much.

I think it's more the point you decided to rip on Halo as a series in a thread made to discuss Firefight in Reach. What does your opinion (which is in the very, very small minority) on how broken & unbalanced Halo 3 multiplayer was (Where everyone started with the exact same loadouts & there was no class system. Lol) have anything to do with firefight in Reach.

You should blog your opinions unless a thread comes up on it instead of hijacking a post. That way no one has to read them.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Aural_Assault"]

Aural_Assault

I'm trying to free this threads up for people that ARE excited about Reach as the Title implies.You arleady stated Reach was broken and you didnt like the armor abilities and that you dont care for Reach and Bungie needs to do more...WE GET IT. can you kindly leave for other popele who ARE excited for reach as the title mentions to discuss it? There are plenrty of other threads that bash Halo that you can find on here.

hahnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#34 hahnasty
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

I think learning that Reach has Firefight is what made me most excited about it. The Beta for it was awesome, but Firefight is amazing.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

although im a fan of the Halo series i have always felt a little dissapointed with a couple of the single player aspects however after seeing in game footage im now started to get excited with Reach the reason is it looks more moody rather than a having a little humor the AI squad you play along with look inteligent (taking cover ect) I also liked the Elite pods hitting the ground in real time with the squad commander shouting "Engaged" and the additionspace combat (something thats rarley been done with this gen) shame it was not introduced in earler outings but hey looks like we got it now.:D But back to the actual topic itself Firefight I think will cement this game as one of the best yet shame no one on my friends list had ODST so I missed playing firefight to its full potential.

MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

it looks amazing, gthe customizability is what makes Halo great, and it's the perfect place to implement that

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
What makes me almost more happy than Firefight (even though I am super glad it has matchmaking) is the new bubble shield. I mean just look at it... it has an animation along with it now.... But I am really excited for Reach, especially with all they are doing do it. And the customization to firefight is awesome. The lack of matchmaking and customization was one of the many (and I mean many) reasons I didn't buy ODST.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BLAS1AN

What makes me almost more happy than Firefight (even though I am super glad it has matchmaking) is the new bubble shield. I mean just look at it... it has an animation along with it now.... But I am really excited for Reach, especially with all they are doing do it. And the customization to firefight is awesome. The lack of matchmaking and customization was one of the many (and I mean many) reasons I didn't buy ODST.Agent_Kaliaver

are you talking about this bubble shield?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP14B2LPBS4

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"]What makes me almost more happy than Firefight (even though I am super glad it has matchmaking) is the new bubble shield. I mean just look at it... it has an animation along with it now.... But I am really excited for Reach, especially with all they are doing do it. And the customization to firefight is awesome. The lack of matchmaking and customization was one of the many (and I mean many) reasons I didn't buy ODST.BLAS1AN

No that isn't the one. That one is armor lock. The one I am talking about was shown on Gametrailers (and apparantly IGN too). Anyway here it is if you want to see it. It is from IGN (but it is a replay and it was the same one shown on Gametrailers). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coa-rV1rcpI

Was kind of suprised to know they would have not only armor lock, but also a new bubble shield. I like this one more than the Halo 3 bubble shield already too.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"]What makes me almost more happy than Firefight (even though I am super glad it has matchmaking) is the new bubble shield. I mean just look at it... it has an animation along with it now.... But I am really excited for Reach, especially with all they are doing do it. And the customization to firefight is awesome. The lack of matchmaking and customization was one of the many (and I mean many) reasons I didn't buy ODST.Agent_Kaliaver

No that isn't the one. That one is armor lock. The one I am talking about was shown on Gametrailers (and apparantly IGN too). Anyway here it is if you want to see it. It is from IGN (but it is a replay and it was the same one shown on Gametrailers). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coa-rV1rcpI

Was kind of suprised to know they would have not only armor lock, but also a new bubble shield. I like this one more than the Halo 3 bubble shield already too.

OMG...thanks for that footage. that artillery strike weaapon is freaking awesome. I'm glad they added a medic loadout. Reach is everything I wanted in a Halo game and more. Im taking off work in September, lol

Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

I'm dead set on getting it. Probably be one my favorite games of the year. It will might win Game of the Year but it will get on the List of possibilities.

N---E---X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 N---E---X
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
I really wanted Multiplayer AI Bots in Reach and Firefight in ODST in my opinion wasnt really what i expected but after watching a few FF trailers for Reach i think its going to be awsome since i wanted AI multiplayer bots since Halo 2 and i think its good that Reach is going to have firefight
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BLAS1AN

I really wanted Multiplayer AI Bots in Reach and Firefight in ODST in my opinion wasnt really what i expected but after watching a few FF trailers for Reach i think its going to be awsome since i wanted AI multiplayer bots since Halo 2 and i think its good that Reach is going to have firefightN---E---X

just curious. who likes playing games with bots? I like the option of bots in games are awefull to play with.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Not if Bungie does what they do best, again, which is make a great game and then go out of their way to screw it up. In Firefight's case that was in the forced use of skulls that were not randomly chosen and that it usually lagged.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

This thread lists the features too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398453

This is pure win.

rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

[QUOTE="Elian2530"][QUOTE="Whiteknight117"] Yeah but it wont be the same thing, there will be new maps and weapons. Plus with the new abilities it's going to be much more entertaining,Aural_Assault

dude go away

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

In any case, I would say.. "I respect your opinion" but in this case, you haven't even played the game. How can you see it's not a whole lot different than Halo 3? I played the Halo Reach BETA myself for nearly a week and that was enough for me to say "Hey, this is pretty cool and it did enough different things and improvements to make it a different experience." Halo Reach is going back more to its roots, Halo Combat Evolved. The shield and health system is back, and so much about it reminds me of Halo:CE that I like. No one has played the campaign yet but so far it looks amazing. Aerial combat in space.. a new and mature graphics update. I can't complain.
N---E---X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 N---E---X
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

[QUOTE="N---E---X"]I really wanted Multiplayer AI Bots in Reach and Firefight in ODST in my opinion wasnt really what i expected but after watching a few FF trailers for Reach i think its going to be awsome since i wanted AI multiplayer bots since Halo 2 and i think its good that Reach is going to have firefightBLAS1AN

just curious. who likes playing games with bots? I like the option of bots in games are awefull to play with.

Due to my Location and other xbox live problems i cant play xbox live and multiplayer mode in halo is pretty cool so thats why i want bots :P
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="N---E---X"]I really wanted Multiplayer AI Bots in Reach and Firefight in ODST in my opinion wasnt really what i expected but after watching a few FF trailers for Reach i think its going to be awsome since i wanted AI multiplayer bots since Halo 2 and i think its good that Reach is going to have firefightBLAS1AN

I do, playing against bots in Perfect Dark prove that you can have as much fun as facing humans.