Finally buying a 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThatcheTobias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ThatcheTobias
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

After deciding to wait for a price cut, then deciding to just not buy one at all, the recent news of a price cut totally killed my decision and I am now going to go out on August 8th and buy a 360 premium.

My question to all ye forum goers;

Where should I buy it??

I know that the 360 has the red ring o death problem so I'm thinking I should get one of those nifty warranties. What retailer would you say has the best red ring warranty?

Thanks ahead,
Thatche

PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts

After deciding to wait for a price cut, then deciding to just not buy one at all, the recent news of a price cut totally killed my decision and I am now going to go out on August 8th and buy a 360 premium.

Where should I buy it??

I know that the 360 has the red ring o death problem so I'm thinking I should get one of those nifty warranties. What retailer would you say has the best red ring warranty?

Thanks ahead,
Thatche

ThatcheTobias

I'd recommend getting it from Costco - that's where I'm buying mine. If anything ever goes wrong with it, you can just bring it back for a full refund.

AGENT-ZER0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AGENT-ZER0
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

if you live in canada go for futureshop and get their extended warranty for 2 years which costs abt 160$

if not then go for best buy, they have the exact same price

squidder_doa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 squidder_doa
Member since 2006 • 3631 Posts
Welcome aboard :wink:
Microsoft just extended the warranty to three years with RROD problems, so you should be fine getting it anywhere :)
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
smartchoice
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts
I got mine at Best Buy, for $60 you can get a 2 year store warranty. If anything goes wrong with your 360, you just bring it back to the store and pick up a new one. I like it a lot better than having to send the 360 to microsoft.
Jhung207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jhung207
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

Where should I buy it??

Thanks ahead,
Thatche

ThatcheTobias

MS has already extended the warranty for the xbox 360 for 3 years so you don't have to get it.

But if you feel more comfortable with getting a warranty then go to target, they sell it the cheapest and it is the same as other retailers.

ThatcheTobias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThatcheTobias
Wow thanks for the quick responses.

I had no idea about the MS 3 Year warranty, so I guess I'll just go wherever is closest/convenient and skip the warranty.

Thanks a ton!!
ThatcheTobias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThatcheTobias

Okay one other thing. I already know of the main awesome games out for the 360, like Dead Rising, Gears of War, etc

But what are some other really awesome games? Cause I'll be breaking the budget to nab this 360 but I don't wanna go home without games so maybe if I buy a cheaper game that is good I'll be happy until I can get something more.

Jhung207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jhung207
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

Okay one other thing. I already know of the main awesome games out for the 360, like Dead Rising, Gears of War, etc

But what are some other really awesome games? Cause I'll be breaking the budget to nab this 360 but I don't wanna go home without games so maybe if I buy a cheaper game that is good I'll be happy until I can get something more.

ThatcheTobias

You should get bioshock, that game is gonna rock.

firestorm9305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firestorm9305
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2, Forza Motorsports 2, and on September 25th Halo 3, are all must haves in my book. They are all incredible games. Also if your a big sports fan and you like football definitely check out Madden...which is out August 14th. If you just get Gear of War, Guitar Hero 2, and Forza Motorsports 2, you will be entertained for a LONG time.
Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
Do realize if you skip out on the store warranty Microsoft will only cover your 360 for a year and after that if anything OTHER than the red ring of death happens your screwed, so tread carefully. In all honesty I would buy one or two really good multiplayer games to keep you entertained for the next few months instead of blowing all your money now because the best games are all going to be hitting stores later this fall/winter and if I were you I would save a VERY large chunk of my money for those.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
CircuitCity because you can buy the protection plan plus for two years. Its $150.00 but if anything happens to your console you can return it and get a brand new system, or if they don't have it you can get in-store credit. I'm thinking of buying my Elite from there.
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#14 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts
is the august 8th price drop definite?