Final fantasy XIII question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
I just picked it up and started it yesterday i was just wondering how long people first playthroughs were?
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I just picked it up and started it yesterday i was just wondering how long people first playthroughs were?nottu

About 40 hours. I also did not do every single side mission, which you will get pretty much at the end of the game. Those side missions were pretty tedious (go there, kill this, fetch that).

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nottu

[QUOTE="nottu"]I just picked it up and started it yesterday i was just wondering how long people first playthroughs were?EvilSelf

About 40 hours. I also did not do every single side mission, which you will get pretty much at the end of the game. Those side missions were pretty tedious (go there, kill this, fetch that).

Cool thanks,does it get less linear towards the end? Right now its just narrow hallway leads to thing you have to jump over leading to another narrow hallway etc.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="nottu"]I just picked it up and started it yesterday i was just wondering how long people first playthroughs were?nottu

Cool thanks,does it get less linear towards the end? Right now its just narrow hallway leads to thing you have to jump over leading to another narrow hallway etc.

Yes. The first two discs are pretty linear. Once you get to the third disc you will get the opportunity to roam around and do side missions. One more time they are very similar and tedious. Side mission part is the only non-linear part in FF XIII.

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nottu

[QUOTE="nottu"]

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

EvilSelf

Yes. The first two discs are pretty linear. Once you get to the third disc you will get the opportunity to roam around and do side missions. One more time they are very similar and tedious. Side mission part is the only non-linear part in FF XIII.

That sucks, i usually dont do side missions in FF games becuase they're usually the same and normally dont have very good rewards

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="nottu"]

nottu

That sucks, i usually dont do side missions in FF games becuase they're usually the same and normally dont have very good rewards

You are correct. From the side missions i did, i did not get any items that were better than what i already had. Teh only positive is that you will need to build your characters (which is kinda linear too i.e. the Crystarium system)to be able to have a better chance at some of the Boss fights, which require a fair bit of tactics.

I was personally disappointed with FF 13 even though the game has outstanding graphics, BUT too many cinematic scenes. It feels like you play for 5 minutes and then watch cinematics (which are beautiful) for 10 minutes.

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nottu

[QUOTE="nottu"]

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

EvilSelf

You are correct. From the side missions i did, i did not get any items that were better than what i already had. Teh only positive is that you will need to build your characters (which is kinda linear too i.e. the Crystarium system)to be able to have a better chance at some of the Boss fights, which require a fair bit of tactics.

I was personally disappointed with FF 13 even though the game has outstanding graphics, BUT too many cinematic scenes. It feels like you play for 5 minutes and then watch cinematics (which are beautiful) for 10 minutes.

Lol im fairly disappointed with the low ammount of customization options, and the combat is extremely boring, the only reason im still playing is the great story and i like the characters. I'm 8.5hrs in now and the combat is still really boring and repetitive, although it looks fantastic.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="nottu"]I just picked it up and started it yesterday i was just wondering how long people first playthroughs were?nottu

The entire main story is linear. The side missions have you exploring more, but almost all of those should be done after you finish the main story.

and the combat is extremely boring

I found the best way to deal with that is to play a game on your PC while you mash A/X on FF13. I beat the expansion to Warhammer Dawn of War 2 while playing FF13.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
It took me 59 hours. Fun game IMO, but it gets old when you Grind way to much later on in the game.
MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
it took me 80-90 hours to get all the achievements but i'd imagine it's around 50-60 to just beat the game
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

At 55 hours I completed the game. At 86 hours I got all missions 5* and got Tier 3 weapons for everyone. At 89 hours I decided I was not going to grind anymore for ingots just to get the rest of the equipment.

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nottu

At 55 hours I completed the game. At 86 hours I got all missions 5* and got Tier 3 weapons for everyone. At 89 hours I decided I was not going to grind anymore for ingots just to get the rest of the equipment.

DJSAV_101
You can continue playing after you complete the main storyline?
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
40 to 50 hours depending on how long you grind
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

my buddy got a 1000/1000GS on it and spent over 100 hours doing all the grinding i think he finished the missions stuff around 40 60 but went back doing sides and stuff. he also said it will be the last ff game he plays hes a pure acheivment hunter who must get 1000 and i guess it took it out of him holding every accessory on the game and weapon lol

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Creigz
Member since 2010 • 187 Posts
I didn't finish the game, I got about 30 hours in and hit chapter 11, and people told me the last 2 chapters are grinding and another 20 hours. At that I just lost interest after about 2 hours of grinding without any story progression and very minor stat/level progression.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nottu
I got to the second disk last night, im at 11hrs now and the combat is still extremely easy/boring and unsatisfying. Probly gunna stop playing soon if it doesn't pick up.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

nottu

You can continue playing after you complete the main storyline?

Yes you can. Some missions as well as the last level of the crystarium are not available until after you finish the game.