Final Fantasy XIII for the Xbox 360; will it really come?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockwii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 rockwii13
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts

I've been thinking, and I've wondered if the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII was just a ploy to get 360 owners excited, and when they were let down, they'd buy a PS3 so they could play it. I think it will be cancelled. Here are some reasons:

1. No work has begun on on FFXIII for the 360.

2. There hasn't been any word of Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the 360.

3. Final Fantasy Agito XIII hasn't had anything to do with Microsoft.

4. Final Fantasy has mainly been Playstation.

5. The demo for FFXIII will only be on the PS3 with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
it's coming, have a shred of faith. squar said they will finish the ps3 version and then port it to 360, that way they won't have simultaneous developement. versus can confirmed to be ps3 exclusive. FF has actually mainly been nintendo. and yes the demo will only be on ps3.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

I've been thinking, and I've wondered if the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII was just a ploy to get 360 owners excited, and when they were let down, they'd buy a PS3 so they could play it. I think it will be cancelled. Here are some reasons:

1. No work has begun on on FFXIII for the 360.

2. There hasn't been any word of Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the 360.

3. Final Fantasy Agito XIII hasn't had anything to do with Microsoft.

4. Final Fantasy has mainly been Playstation.

5. The demo for FFXIII will only be on the PS3 with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete.

rockwii13

1. They don't need to remake the entire game, they will just port it over so that both versions are released on the same day (same day release confirmed)

2. I don't even know what that is, I'm not a Final Fantasy fan...but it doesn't sound like the same game.

3. I don't know what that is either, but it doesn't sound like the same game

4. Wrong, and Square Enix wouldn't care if it had been anyway. People make games for money, plain and simple, and by releasing it on the 360, they'll get more money.

5. That doesn't mean anything.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
It's possible that it will not be released for the 360, though unlikely. Theoretically, PS3 sales in NA could rise dramatically and put Sony's console above MS's in all three regions, though this seems unlikely. At best the PS3 will end up selling roughly the same amoung of units, unless something drastic happens. Sony could try to acquire an exclusivity deal, but that was already a consideration...and was disregarded. It seems unlikely that this will change given the general death of third-party exclusives. At the same time, I don't expect some of their PR to be reliable. I do expect FFXIII to be released in NA for the PS3 before the 360 port, regardless of Square's statements at E3. Sony may even pay them a short-term exclusivity deal, ensuring their version is released a few months earlier than the 360 version. This is probably what Square wants, and is likely the reason why they said the PS3 version will be delayed in NA.
McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

I personally think you're very wrong, and no I'm not trying to make myself feel better.

SE is now making 3 games for the 360, IU,TLR and SO4, and SO has always been a Sony series (Well not always but since The PS1) and that was a major letdown for japanese gamers, SE is seeing the profit it can gain from the 360 and it's obvious they aren't being shy with their intentions.

The guy who said there was no word on a 360 FFXIII Vs. there has been word, the word is that it's a PS3 exclusive, SE knows that it has a long relationship with Sony, and the guys at SE also know that FF13 was a big player in PS3 sales so they have to leave Sony with something from the Fabula Nova Crystalis, and not only is FF13 Vs. a PS3 exclusive Sony also recieved FF13 Agito for it's PSP, which was basically SE's way of making ammends for making FF13 a multiplat.

There is no reason for them to start working on the 360 version, seeing as how the consoles basically play the same, all they will have to do is cut down where they must due to hardware and media issues.
About you saying it has been mainly on Playstation, before it was on playstation FF1-6 were on NIntendo, you know what Square did? They left Nintendo, and besides with the new games Square is releasing on the 360 I wouldn't worry about they're 'loyalty' to Sony.
And believe me there's a long tme before the game hits PS3, and there are reasons why PS3 owners are getting the demo, a lot of people, myself included bought the PS3 for FF13, we deserve a damn demo.

The reason the game is delayed for NA release s the same reason 99% of JRPGs are delayed in NA, they have substantial amounts of voice acting that needs to be redone, and sometimes they change certain things that fit the japanese market that aren't so suitable for the western market, that's the usual reason.

So yes that's why I'm positive there is no way of this game not hitting the 360, it just doesn't make sense financially for them to back out on it after already announcing it.

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
yes it will but im guessing it will have long load times
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Square enix claimed that the launch of the 360 version will be the same date as the PS3 version... how do u know that no work has been done on the 360 version?... Square enix has been making games for the 360 before the announcement... and don't forget, Final Fantasy was first on the Nintendo...not always on playstation...
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

yes it will but im guessing it will have long load times p00phead

lol... don't be blinded by the hype that Sony built up... the 360's disc drive is faster than the PS3's...and the new fall update will allow 360 owners with HDD's to install the game into the Hard Disc as well...

Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Both Square and Microsoft made legally binding statements. If they pull a trick like that, Shareholders will f**k them, and customers who bought an Xbox following that announcement are also going to file a class-action lawsuit, i'm sure of that.
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
hahaha, a lawsuit over a game not coming to a console? I don't think that'll happen!
DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
Yes don't worry
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

hahaha, a lawsuit over a game not coming to a console? I don't think that'll happen!Old_Gooseberry

Sure it would

Microsoft and Square have a contract to put the game on their console, breach of that contract means in flies a lawyer to sue the day

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YourChaosIsntMe

Both Square and Microsoft made legally binding statements. If they pull a trick like that, Shareholders will f**k them, and customers who bought an Xbox following that announcement are also going to file a class-action lawsuit, i'm sure of that.Sedoras

They aren't "legally binding statements." To my knowledge, they did not even sign a contract. Square will inevitably do what they please. One of the only ways for such legal action to be legitimate is if SE and MS had came to a legal, written, and notarized agreement that FFXIII is no longer a PS3 exclusive. This is unlikely, because SE has a tendency to keep itself out of the corner. Regardless of this, you are right. Customers and shareholders (especially SE shareholders) would go batsh** crazy.

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YourChaosIsntMe

I personally think you're very wrong, and no I'm not trying to make myself feel better.

SE is now making 3 games for the 360, IU,TLR and SO4, and SO has always been a Sony series (Well not always but since The PS1) and that was a major letdown for japanese gamers, SE is seeing the profit it can gain from the 360 and it's obvious they aren't being shy with their intentions.

The guy who said there was no word on a 360 FFXIII Vs. there has been word, the word is that it's a PS3 exclusive, SE knows that it has a long relationship with Sony, and the guys at SE also know that FF13 was a big player in PS3 sales so they have to leave Sony with something from the Fabula Nova Crystalis, and not only is FF13 Vs. a PS3 exclusive Sony also recieved FF13 Agito for it's PSP, which was basically SE's way of making ammends for making FF13 a multiplat.

There is no reason for them to start working on the 360 version, seeing as how the consoles basically play the same, all they will have to do is cut down where they must due to hardware and media issues.
About you saying it has been mainly on Playstation, before it was on playstation FF1-6 were on NIntendo, you know what Square did? They left Nintendo, and besides with the new games Square is releasing on the 360 I wouldn't worry about they're 'loyalty' to Sony.
And believe me there's a long tme before the game hits PS3, and there are reasons why PS3 owners are getting the demo, a lot of people, myself included bought the PS3 for FF13, we deserve a damn demo.

The reason the game is delayed for NA release s the same reason 99% of JRPGs are delayed in NA, they have substantial amounts of voice acting that needs to be redone, and sometimes they change certain things that fit the japanese market that aren't so suitable for the western market, that's the usual reason.

So yes that's why I'm positive there is no way of this game not hitting the 360, it just doesn't make sense financially for them to back out on it after already announcing it.

McNulty5

Dude, you need to stop sleeping with your Xbox in your bed. :|

The consoles do not "play the same." Adept techs and developers allow you to believe that they do, though they are relatively equal where performance is concerned. You're right about the hardware and media issues, but those issues take more than a week to address. We both know that it's all about financial gain, while the TC is a little....obtuse, Sony could still offer an absurd exclusivity offer. Most JRPGs are delayed in NA, you're right, but if the current plan is adhered to, FFXIII will probably take even longer to release than your average JRPG. Not only due to localization, but also porting. In fact, most multi-plat games have been developed for both consoles simultaneously, while FFXIII is not, which means that FFXIII is the odd man out. Stating that there is no issue with porting a game like FFXIII from one console to another is simply ignorant. 360 fans aren't going to accept the same old port; they're going to want it to feel like a 360 game.

I'm with you on the demo. I spent 500 dollars for that machine, and all I've played is MGS and SC (and that's only because Blockbuster was out of SC for the 360...). At the very least, a bone would be nice.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
Trust me, MS does not make the hammer of their E3 presentation a lie.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Yes it is, But I don't really care.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Sedoras"]Both Square and Microsoft made legally binding statements. If they pull a trick like that, Shareholders will f**k them, and customers who bought an Xbox following that announcement are also going to file a class-action lawsuit, i'm sure of that.YourChaosIsntMe

They aren't "legally binding statements." To my knowledge, they did not even sign a contract. Square will inevitably do what they please.

I'm glad to see you don't think contracts are used in the game industry.

You're saying it went something like this.....

Microsoft: You wanna?
Square: Kay
Microsoft: Later

Stating that there is no issue with porting a game like FFXIII from one console to another is simply ignorant. 360 fans aren't going to accept the same old port; they're going to want it to feel like a 360 game.

YourChaosIsntMe

Ummm, what?

That's the POINT lol

The whole thing is to give an experience that used to be found elsewhere on the 360. If you change it then you take away that advantage that Microsoft has.

The only thing that will make it feel like a 360 game will be achievements

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Stupid question, stupid answer... so...

NO

McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Dude, you need to stop sleeping with your Xbox in your bed. :|

The consoles do not "play the same." Adept techs and developers allow you to believe that they do, though they are relatively equal where performance is concerned. You're right about the hardware and media issues, but those issues take more than a week to address. We both know that it's all about financial gain, while the TC is a little....obtuse, Sony could still offer an absurd exclusivity offer. Most JRPGs are delayed in NA, you're right, but if the current plan is adhered to, FFXIII will probably take even longer to release than your average JRPG. Not only due to localization, but also porting. In fact, most multi-plat games have been developed for both consoles simultaneously, while FFXIII is not, which means that FFXIII is the odd man out. Stating that there is no issue with porting a game like FFXIII from one console to another is simply ignorant. 360 fans aren't going to accept the same old port; they're going to want it to feel like a 360 game.

I'm with you on the demo. I spent 500 dollars for that machine, and all I've played is MGS and SC (and that's only because Blockbuster was out of SC for the 360...). At the very least, a bone would be nice.

YourChaosIsntMe

Let me clear something up, if you were to port a game from the 360 to the Wii, that would be very hard work considering you want to make it a Wii experience, cause the Wii has a totally different control scheme, now assuming you own both the ps3 and 360 you should see how the controls feel pretty much the same, when I switch between my 360 and ps3 the only real difference is the size of the controller and the way things look on my screen, the best example for that is GTA IV, if I switch from GTA on PS3 to the one on 360 there is no diffrence at all, the game feels identical in it's control scheme, the only way SE can make it to feel like a 360 game is have the characters wear huge bulky armor add in a multiplayer mode and make it a FPS, believe me there's no need to make it feel like a 360 game cause there's really nothing about the way the 360 plays that really distinguishes it from the PS3,believe me I know prefectly fine how much work it takes to make it feel right on a different console but if you've played JRPGs you know that in games like this so much work goes into things that don't really concern with the actual playing of the game things like making the story,making all the FMVs until they are just right, making a great score for the game, I believe that a few months after actual programming for the game starts for PS3 it will also start for the 360.
What you also must not forget is that a nice bulk of the multiplat games that came out in recent years were developed for maybe a year or two and then came out, FF13 is being worked on for a much longer period and a release date stll isn't in sight (I'm thinking nov-dec of 2009 for the NA release), thus I'm not worried at all by the fact that the work isn't simultaneous for both consoles.
And just for the record I'm getting the game for my PS3.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
It was confermed back at 3e
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YourChaosIsntMe

[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]

[QUOTE="Sedoras"]Both Square and Microsoft made legally binding statements. If they pull a trick like that, Shareholders will f**k them, and customers who bought an Xbox following that announcement are also going to file a class-action lawsuit, i'm sure of that.Jaysonguy

They aren't "legally binding statements." To my knowledge, they did not even sign a contract. Square will inevitably do what they please.

I'm glad to see you don't think contracts are used in the game industry.

You're saying it went something like this.....

Microsoft: You wanna?
Square: Kay
Microsoft: Later

Stating that there is no issue with porting a game like FFXIII from one console to another is simply ignorant. 360 fans aren't going to accept the same old port; they're going to want it to feel like a 360 game.

YourChaosIsntMe

Ummm, what?

That's the POINT lol

The whole thing is to give an experience that used to be found elsewhere on the 360. If you change it then you take away that advantage that Microsoft has.

The only thing that will make it feel like a 360 game will be achievements

I know this is a late response, but I've been busy with the beginning of school. You want to know something really funny? I'm an Economics major. So you're telling me that you believe MS and SE signed a contract ending PS3 exclusivity? Developers/publishers sign contracts with hardware manufacturers for exclusive titles, not multi-platform titles. So in essence, it's highly probable that the conversation you created occured. There is certainly documentation concerning the use of the Xbox 360 logo, packaging, and..well...a million other things, but this probably does not entail a binding contract to develop and release the title for the 360. Many games have been announced for a specific system(s), only to have the developer or publisher jump ship. Guess how many publishers announced multi-plat titles for the N64 and Saturn and didn't release them. Publishers will rarely sign a binding contract, unless the board of directors feel that it is in their and the stockholders best financial interests. While it is possible that a contract was signed due to the high-profile nature of the title, it is more likely that SE did not do so. Always remember that SE attempts to control the terms of any and all agreements made with developers, publishers, and hardware manufacturers.

Likewise, you misunderstand my purpose in saying "we want it to feel like a 360 game." What that means is we expect a high-quality port, rather than a shoddy port (for example, The Orange Box for PS3). We want it to feel as if it were developed for the 360 console, with intuitive controls and seamless graphics, which has always been a challenge in porting a game from one console to another. The undertaking may be less daunting going from the PS3 to 360, unlike the majority of the other current-gen ports. Regardless of what many of our peers have said, the hardware between the two consoles is obviously different in many, many ways, but that should prove to be less of an issue with a port like this (360 to PS3 ports, if you didn't know, have been unbelievably flawed).

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#22 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It's coming. Square said it was.
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ps3killer89
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
last i read microsoft didnt send square the dev kits yet but like the people saying their gonna port it over when the ps3 is done thats true they want to primarly work on the ps3 first then the 360 the 360 verison is suppose to be a quick port so it can be shipped out mid next yr.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
bro it was the biggest announcement at E3. Do you know how many people will be mad if the game's production was cancelled?
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
All I know is that I shall be playing FFXIII and FFXIIIVS for the Ps3. My two most wanted/sought after games since they were annouced. followed very closely after that is Star Ocean: The Last Hope for the 360.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes it will happen