Filing Complaints Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ALBELtheWICKED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ALBELtheWICKED
Member since 2004 • 3316 Posts

Been trying to play CoD4, which everyone is hacking. I've been filing complaints for every time I see someone broadcasting some Youtube wallhacks messages or if I see someone obviously shoot through some random wall.

My question is, am I wasting my time? Will they get banned or some kind of lame warning? Will this help at all, if I continue to report these incidents?

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
Personally, I think you're wasting your time.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Yep,Wasting your time Activision have forgotten all about MW2 and for that matter Black ops on that you still see "offensive emblems".

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

Well M$ has already acted up on the whole Mw2 hacking so you just let them do their job man, there are millions of hackers out there so you would be doing a little favor but it would never be enough, I'd say just file a complaint if it's something huge

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Black ops on that you still see "offensive emblems".CUDGEdave
Treyarch did an amazing job on that, they pretty much perm banned everyone you did swastikas etc. there is far fewer offensive emblems than release, You would have to be blind not to see that.

On topic, The way complaints work is that if a certain number is recieved withing a certain amount of time, then it is followed through. I don't believe MS checks them until after they have been banned. Its pretty much automated unless the player in question raises an issue. I say this because with enough complaints filed in a short space of time, you can get someone banned who did nothing wrong

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Not everybody who shoots through a wall is a wall hacker, with a decent set of headphones you can pinpoint where people are even through a wall....if you are going around with ninja and UAV jammer I'd be suspicious but otherwise you really don't know for sure.

ALBELtheWICKED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ALBELtheWICKED
Member since 2004 • 3316 Posts

Not everybody who shoots through a wall is a wall hacker, with a decent set of headphones you can pinpoint where people are even through a wall....if you are going around with ninja and UAV jammer I'd be suspicious but otherwise you really don't know for sure.

Ilikemyname420

It was a truly impossible shot fired from a second story room into a corner on a side of the building where there were absolutely no windows or anything. No testing for hit markers, just full-automatic fire directly on target. I was spectating the guy that was shot.