This topic is locked from further discussion.

demonkillerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 demonkillerx
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

I'm a big FF fan, but FF13 seems like a bad game to me. I loved FF 8 and 10. Sorry, but i think FF7 is overrated. I may rent it or try to get it for Easter. Just give me your honest opinions :do you think FF13 is awesome or a really bad game and why.

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Awesome for it's quick and tactical gameplay. If you look away for one second, you lose sucka :D Oh and also the story although I haven;t beaten it yet... Got caught up in Heartgold and God of War 3 XD
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's a great game. The battle system is really good and the Paradigm system is enjoyable. I love changing roles on the fly to get the best possible results. People say it's easy, but I've gotten a nice challenge out of it. Some battles you really do need a strategy to win. The story is solid so far. It can be a bit over-dramatic at times, but for the most part it's been alright. I really like FF13.

It's not a bad game at all. At worst it's a good game that perhaps was a bit too different for people's tastes.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i dont think its a super bad game but it isnt a super great game either and its def not in what i would consider the top 3 F games heck not even the top 5.

my top 3= FF7 FF8 FF10 but id take FF9 and FF12 over 13 anyday. They just dumbed it down way too much for me plus the story is average at best. Only a fan boy would try to pass it off as one of the best FF games which ive heard some people claim. Its just a big letdown after we had to wait so long to get a mediocre FF game. Its just a good game period. When to me past FF games have been more than good they were extraordinary.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Awesome for it's quick and tactical gameplay. If you look away for one second, you lose sucka :D Oh and also the story although I haven;t beaten it yet... Got caught up in Heartgold and God of War 3 XDFuranko_Kun
lol true
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
its a good game it will last you at least 50 hrs so get it sucka
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I think it's an amazing game. Bad thing is, you can't free roam or do side quests till the third disc.
Zella24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zella24
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I like it quite a bit. It's not a 10 but so far it's a 8 or 8.5 imo(I am about 10 hours in). If you loved 10 then you should atleast enjoy 13.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I'm loving the game, far better than 12 in my opinion and also better than 10. It's actually a hell of a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fr0wnyface
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

i dont think its a super bad game but it isnt a super great game either and its def not in what i would consider the top 3 F games heck not even the top 5.

my top 3= FF7 FF8 FF10 but id take FF9 and FF12 over 13 anyday. They just dumbed it down way too much for me plus the story is average at best. Only a fan boy would try to pass it off as one of the best FF games which ive heard some people claim. Its just a big letdown after we had to wait so long to get a mediocre FF game. Its just a good game period. When to me past FF games have been more than good they were extraordinary.

Gen007

It's story is probably better than the last three games combined.

I don't get what people see in 10. I thought it was the worst in the series by far, I spent all my time playing Blitzball rather then playing that extremely boring game.

Yeah, go and call people who have an opinion a fanboy. Maybe you shouldn't have had huge expectations? I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan but I don't overhype games, I patiently wait for them. Overhyping games ruins it because it never lives up to expectation but I guess little kids never learn. By what I read I thought I would hate it if anything.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

The answer I have gotten seems to be summed up best by what was said on noobtoob. Basically it got a thumbs down from the reviewer who said he is not an FF fanboy. The other admitted he is an FF fanboy and if it were another series he would have not put up with it, but he said what most people say, it gets better later on, he admitted that if he wasn't a fanboy he would have given it a thumbs down and not even hesitate. He said that as an FF fanboy he still hesitated to give it a thumbs up.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

It's an amazing game. Most people that say they don't like it, honestly don't like it because of name alone. The game is great but people expect way too much because of reputation. If you're unsure, just rent it.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Fr0wnyface

It's story is probably better than the last three games combined.

I don't get what people see in 10. I thought it was the worst in the series by far, I spent all my time playing Blitzball rather then playing that extremely boring game.

Yeah, go and call people who have an opinion a fanboy. Maybe you shouldn't have had huge expectations? I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan but I don't overhype games, I patiently wait for them. Overhyping games ruins it because it never lives up to expectation but I guess little kids never learn. By what I read I thought I would hate it if anything.

I think its a sad day when we have to lower are expectations. Why shouldn't we expect each FF game to be better than the last or at least the same? When you go to get a new computer do you expect it to run slower than your old one? and yes it imo fanboys are giving this game undue praise. If it didn't have the FF name attached to it it people wouldn't care. It would end up just another jrpg in the fray. That's a classic sign of fanboys and you don't have to agree with me because guess what that's my opinion. Also this is coming from a huge rpg and long time FF fan so believe it or not its not a biased opinion.

ACHEEKSMALLOY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ACHEEKSMALLOY
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i played it on my friend's ps3 and thought it was awful. the story, as expected, was putrid and what's up with tutorials still going on 45 minutes into the game?

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

Im only on chapter 4, but its been great so far. Some points:

• Graphics are awesome, as are the cutscenes and the CGI is wow :o
  • Soundtrack is brilliant, and the voice acting is mostly great *cough* Vanille *cough* lol
  • I love the characters, especially Lightning and Sazh! Much better than the characters in FFXII imo
  • Story seems interesting, a lot more interesting than FFXII's and a lot more easy to follow it seems
  • The game has a habit of splitting your party up which is annoying, ive been playing with just two characters for a while now
  • You can't choose who the party leader is which is unfortunate
  • Battle system is really fun

Its definitely not the best FF game from what ive played so far. Im liking it more than FFXII, but i can't see it topping FFX or FFVII (the only two other FF games ive actually played)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#16 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
The battle system isn't very good and the story and most of the characters are horrible. The world isn't interesting because you spend so little time in towns, almost no time around people, and the game doesn't really have supporting characters.

If you look away for one second, you lose sucka

No you don't. I was playing through the ending areas of FF13 while playing the Dawn of War 2 Expansion.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
It's awesome. People just love to complain. The battle system is very nice, best so far IMO. People say it's linear, but almost every ff game is, and on ff13 that not a bad thing. Once you hit chapter 11 you have a lot of thing do to. Grinding is one of them, thats the major part in a JRPG. Looks like end game for being in chapter 11 (the game has 13 chapters), but the area is just amazing, and huge. Im really tired of people complaining about a great game, but meh... it's their opinions.
Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Then you sir have your characters maxed out. I looked away when fighting a trio of robo minotaur looking enemies with a group PSICOM soldiers together, and I went to red in an instant after taking some heavy lightning damage and bullets. But hey I'm not lying this is just what I"M EXPERIENCING when playing the game, okay?
Soko77788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Soko77788
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

I think it's a good game. Not the best FF by far. I really like the battle system and story. However the game holds your hand way to much. Whoever thought it was a good idea to run in a straight line most of the time and put a save every 5 battles is a moron.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
I think it's an amazing game. Bad thing is, you can't free roam or do side quests till the third disc.orb_03_2006
well you can do side missions on the first disc you would just need a ps3 for that.......
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

• Soundtrack is brilliant, and the voice acting is mostly great *cough* Vanille *cough* lol
  • I love the characters, especially Lightning and Sazh! Much better than the characters in FFXII imo
  • Story seems interesting, a lot more interesting than FFXII's and a lot more easy to follow it seems
  • The game has a habit of splitting your party up which is annoying, ive been playing with just two characters for a while now

Its definitely not the best FF game from what ive played so far. Im liking it more than FFXII, but i can't see it topping FFX or FFVII (the only two other FF games ive actually played)

Anjunaddict
Except for the battle theme, I found the soundtrack to be weaker than the previous games. The boss fight music just didn't grab me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

It's not a bad game, but it's my least favorite FF so far. Even though I never played 12.

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
its my first FF ever and i am enjoying it im on disc 3. my only real complaint is the tutorials drag on for ages and DISC 3 it finnally lets you switch up your party takes too long to get to that point. then just sort of skyrockets in difficulty out of the clear blue. went from progressing nicely to getting pwned almost instantly by putting in disc 3 also the paradigm is nice but it does eventually cost way too much CP to advance. i have the guide and on some lines of development it takes 60 000 per line to advance when you get to a certain point thats just crazy. none of those complaints make it unplayable but it is just slightly annoying.
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

I'm a big FF fan, but FF13 seems like a bad game to me. I loved FF 8 and 10. Sorry, but i think FF7 is overrated. I may rent it or try to get it for Easter. Just give me your honest opinions :do you think FF13 is awesome or a really bad game and why.

demonkillerx

disclaimer, i have played about 20 hours into FF13.

i loved FF1, FF2 (us) FF3 (us) FF 7 (us) FF8, FF9, FF 10. hated the rest. X2 sucked, 11 sucked, 12 was ok, but the story was horrible,

13, while absolutely beautiful, has been nothing but press X, run a straight line to the next chapter, the only hidden items i have found have been when you are at the beginning of a linear dungeon, and turn around and bam, a hidden treasure orb. very lame. this game feels more like a platformer than it does a FF, and the crappy thing is, if they are going to make a pseudo platformer with hardly any RPG elements that we are used to, theres no platform jumping, its all automatically done. theres hardly any equipment (1 weapon, and 1 accessory at first, with later chances to add accessories through the sphere grid) this game has been a total letdown. no character levels, only the limited sphere grid, which cuts you off so you cant upgrade to godly powerful like many of us liked grinding to, and the battles of random enemies take WAY TOO LONG. the story has been kind of interesting, moreso than that of 12, but the characters, OMG the only characters i like are the red headed squeeky chick, and the black guy, THOSE ARE THE ONLY 2 CHARACTERS THAT I LIKE IN THIS GAME, the rest are complete garbage. lightening, worst cliche JRPG main character, i wish hope would take a bullet to the head every time he cries like the little girl he is, snow? WTF i cant even remember this dudes name since he left my party 10 hours ago after getting SHIVA (GD DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THEM TURNING SHIVA INTO A FREAKING MOTORCYCLE!!!!!) yeah, the only 2 in this story are the two i mentioned above, i hope the ultima weapon will eventually turn the rest of my party into japanese EMO hamburger before i get to the end.

the combination of not being able to really explore, like we could do in all the older JRPGS, hardly any equipment, limiting the sphere grid so we cant grind to get overpowered if we feel like it, NO CHARACTER LEVELING, and the horrible archetypes of characters, make this game feel like a platformer, or an action game, definately not like the JRPGS or RPGS we have seen over the years.

anyone else feel this way or am i just a jaded gamer?

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gearsofhalogeek

i played it on my friend's ps3 and thought it was awful. the story, as expected, was putrid and what's up with tutorials still going on 45 minutes into the game?

ACHEEKSMALLOY
im still getting tutorials 10 hours into the game.......im playing the ps3 version so idk what disk that would make me on, but im at the part """""SPOILER ALERT********** where, you are jumping back and forth between only having 2 characters in your party to progress the story, atm i have SNOW ( wtf i still dont know this guys name because the past 10 hours he has been captured on an enemy ship) and hope, both characters i wish would pull an aerith from FF7, both their storylines and dialogue merit euthanasia.
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gearsofhalogeek

It's an amazing game. Most people that say they don't like it, honestly don't like it because of name alone. The game is great but people expect way too much because of reputation. If you're unsure, just rent it.

Sweet_Genocide
nah, most are used to the way the majority of the FF series has been. the past couple of offereings has not been what most of us loved about FF. not a flame, not being a smart alleck, just the truth how many of us that enjoy old school JRPGS feel about this new iteration. i was ok with final fantasy X, but after that, they lost me, and i feel the FF series is now lost.
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Anjunaddict
Around Chapter 10, you can change your part composition and leader. And I actually like the fact you switch characters and play through that subplot before switthing to the others and seeing how they're fairing. Each character is thrown into this mess very early on, and they're essentially strangers to one another (besides Lightning and Snow), so each one is motivated by different goals and ideas on how to approach the situation and survive. I like it. It's a nice change of pace, IMO, from the old standby "you meet all your party members early on and they stick with you until the end like happy little adventurers." Sure, they all come together, but not until later in the game.