Favorite MW2 Campaign Mission?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts

What's your favorite campaign mission in Modern Warfare 2? IMO they're all pretty awesome, but my favorite would be the last one. My favorite moment is in Hornet's Nest (the second favela mission) where at the end you have to run from that mob. That part's awesome.

Also, if your favorite is not up there, it is because I did not have enough space, but just tell me in your reply. I know that there are still SSDD, Team Player,The only easy day was... Yesterday, Takedown, Hornet's Nest, Wolverines!, Exodus, Second Sun, Whiskey Hotel, Contingency, Enemy of My Enemy and museum (if you really think that is a mission).

Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blobstone

17:45:13 ANYONE?

stealthedhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stealthedhawk
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
i love mw2 but why are there glitches in xbox live multiplayer?
MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

i love mw2 but why are there glitches in xbox live multiplayer?stealthedhawk

First, how in the hell does this have anything to do with the topic? And second what kind of question is that honestly. When you have 30 million people buying a game that didn't jabe a beta, there WILL be glitches. There are glithces in basically every MP, MW2 is a bit worse due to the volume of players and rushed release.

ONTOPIC: Cliff Hanger easily. Start of ice picking your way up a seriously intense ice cliff, then do some coordinated takedowns with soap, then do one of the better stealth sections of the game showing off he fancy heartbeat sensor, plant some bombs (while being stealthy), then when you're surrounded blow stuff up and slo mo spray into the crowds, dashing to snowmobiles to literally race your way down the mountain. This mission shows the reason the MW2 campaign was quite good, it wasn't long, but it had a TON of variety. The amount of stuff you do in even a single mission is very good, ahead of most FPS's. The game has its flaws, and while the MP is seperate, this mission encompasses why the SP is so good. Not just cover shooting, stealth, coordinated take downs, random stuff (random race down a mountain in snowmobiles?), and some really intense action sequences worthy of a movie.

I enjoyed the infiltrating Shepherd's cave mission also, similar mix of stealth and shooting. And the sub base one, which (funnily enough) has stealth sequences, and lots of variety, with sniping, normal gunning, Predator Missiles (always fun) and intense sequence (the rocket rising out of the submarine?) I didn't have quite as much fun with the in the US parts of the game, as those were mostly "shoot these guys" "take this building" "shoot some more guys" "run to another building" with less variety.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

Is't there an other option?

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
i would vote "other" but it aint there...
Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blobstone

Cliff Hanger easily.

I also really enjoyed that one but it was pretty much ruined for me because in e3 they showed pretty much the full level
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I liked Museum I spent like 1hour owning the characters with my pistol.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Whiskey Hotel, or whichever was the one where you are in the darkened, rainy city (after stuff falls from the sky).
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
The one mission where you use the riot shield mainly the whole time. It was a unique, and exhilarating experience.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

None of the missions were particularly memorable to me at least. The beginning of Loose Ends was cool because it was unexpected the first time but thats it.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
The credits.
perry933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 perry933
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

Spec Ops on Vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordWaspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 LordWaspy
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
Where the game ends, just to bring the awful game to an end.
Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

I like the only easy day was yesterday or whatever they called that oil rig level

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#16 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

No Russian. It was completely different from other levels in games. I loved how it ended as well.

Bridgelayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bridgelayer
Member since 2008 • 236 Posts

Wolverines!!!!!!!!

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

I voted for No Russian cos I'm evil but then I remembered the one where you gotta attack the Russian fellas safehouse and retrieve some data file or something. Then theres the mad rush to the helicopter with Shepard waiting...You all know the rest...Very unexpected..

I'm pretty sure I got the fright of my life when he whipped out the gun on me...And then seeing Ghost shot in cold blood:cry:...

That mission was executed (didn't actually mean that pun there) perfectly, so fair play to the lads at IW for that.

ironblood030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 ironblood030
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

"Of Their Own Accord" was my favorite mission it was just so crazy and epic and it was really the first time I've ever seen Washington destroyed and it was just areally a powerful scene. I gotta hand it to the creators of COD they can put together some really epic stuff.

SoF-Rambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SoF-Rambo
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

I generally believe that IW spent more time on a campaign that almost nobody plays (sorry, but you have to admit, most people bought this game for the MP) then the MP portion of the game.

Alot of the SP was great, and the two WTF JUST HAPPENED?! moments were pulled off expertly. My favorite mission, because I like to cause chaos, is No Russian, though Second Sun would be a close second.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

i love mw2 but why are there glitches in xbox live multiplayer?stealthedhawk

No beta test because they probably figured millions of people would buy it regardless of glitches or not.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#22 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
While I loved No Russian, Cliffhanger is my favorite mission. :D