Far Cry 2....worth playing???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lovelikerockits
lovelikerockits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lovelikerockits
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

hey guys....i was at gamestop recently and decided to pick up bioshock and far cry 2.......I bought far cry 2 used........and I'm just wondering people's opinions about the game.......good or bad.........I have heard mostly good things about the game with some minor flaws....but what do you guys think(those who have actually played it lol) ?

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

It's a great game marred by some terrible design decisions. Quite simply, it may get a bit repetitive. The fun in the game comes from tackling all the different missions in inventive ways, however you may interpret that.

TalesofRikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TalesofRikk
It is an really good game, with much to do, but the story is not so good that i was hoping, but the online play is great!
jptribe_67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jptribe_67
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

Hated it. Extremely boring and repetitive. Could not get into for anything.

mixmax5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mixmax5
Member since 2006 • 2347 Posts

I did not like it at all. I played it for about an hour and then never played it again.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

I'd rather play ET on the Atari. The game gives you these missions which are so far apart you wonder why each missions is so far. Then the traveling to these missions are boring b/c not only are you looking at a map the whole time, you're watching out for guard posts which seem to ambush you every 10 feet and they never really die b/c they keep respawing. I liked the other Far Cry. I tell anyone I know, if you don't play this game, you really won't be missing anything.

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

i dont recommend the single-player

but as for muliplayer, its good, and def active

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Its a great game, just not for everyone. Can get repetitive though but the gameplay and visuals make up for it. Im considering beating the game again, i had a great time playing it.
lovelikerockits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lovelikerockits

great thanks for all the responses............im definately going to try it out and see if its for me......I'm usually not a fan of fps games only because to me they are all becoming the same......but recently i have enjoyed call of duty 4 and I love bioshock....and to me far cry sounds like a lot of fun........lots of variety...cool missions........a really long story and many hours of gameplay.......as for some saying it gets repetitive...I have heard that as well...but I'll give it a shot and see if I can handle it lol. again thanks for all of your opinions.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

great thanks for all the responses............im definately going to try it out and see if its for me......I'm usually not a fan of fps games only because to me they are all becoming the same......but recently i have enjoyed call of duty 4 and I love bioshock....and to me far cry sounds like a lot of fun........lots of variety...cool missions........a really long story and many hours of gameplay.......as for some saying it gets repetitive...I have heard that as well...but I'll give it a shot and see if I can handle it lol. again thanks for all of your opinions.

lovelikerockits

cool....I hope....you....have....fun.....with.....your....overly repeptitive......game......We tryed to warn you, If you enjoy playing Call of Duty 4....then ........this.....isn't the game for......you;)

lovelikerockits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lovelikerockits

ahahahahaha well hey i got it used from gamestop. if it sucks i can always return it. and yes damn periods I tend to overuse them hahahahaha sorry! lol

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heroldp813

[QUOTE="lovelikerockits"]

DranzarTypeF

cool....I hope....you....have....fun.....with.....your....overly repeptitive......game......We tryed to warn you, If you enjoy playing Call of Duty 4....then ........this.....isn't the game for......you;)

hahahaha We have warned you

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i played the game and i found it very boring.

oneder4c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oneder4c
Let us know your feedback after you give it a try.......
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heroldp813

i played the game and i found it very boring.

sukraj

That right there is an understatment....

zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
I own it, but I've only played a few missions. It's fun so far though. Once my xbox gets back I'm sure I'll pick it up again though.
shureshot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 shureshot24
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts
couldent play it myself i cant stand how long it takes to move from area to area the constant skirmishes got to me never did beat it. i recomend it if you like long gun battels and long walks in the lands of africa and suprisingly good handling vehicles get it just not a fan.
twitchscb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 twitchscb
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

Really fun game, but you have to have patience... It's a wide open world and you do a lot of running/driving back and forth... For some reason it seems like every mission you pick up HAS to end on the opposite side of the map from where you start it... And you will wipe out the exact same guard posts... OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again... But being able to burn the entire thing down with one molotov makes it kinda worth it

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

I summarize FarCry 2 with one word: "Meh".

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

bioshock is a must-have game. good choice on that. far cry 2 looks really good from what i have read. and i plan to get it someday.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

No dnt even rent it that is the worst game iv ever played on the next gen

xsquidbillyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xsquidbillyx
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

if you like running over zebras then this is the game for you

lovelikerockits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lovelikerockits

ok guys so after about 7 hours of playtime. I must say that I actually enjoy this game. the graphics are amazing...and its insanely fun blowing the crap out of the guard posts. I do see what everyone is saying about how they respawn in about 5 seconds though lol...but that can be taken care of easily by just setting it on fire or throwing a grenade there...one grenade the whole camp is gone.......so yes I am having tons of fun with this game. as for Bioshock wow what an awesome game so far but I do have to say, I don't understand the major hype of this game! yes it is awesome but not what I was expecting although I haven't gotten through a lot of the game, I do hear the story is amazing!

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Heh, i don't really consider Far Cry 2 as an actual ''Far cry'' its just...way too different. Never got into it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

ok guys so after about 7 hours of playtime. I must say that I actually enjoy this game. the graphics are amazing...and its insanely fun blowing the crap out of the guard posts. I do see what everyone is saying about how they respawn in about 5 seconds though lol...but that can be taken care of easily by just setting it on fire or throwing a grenade there...one grenade the whole camp is gone.......so yes I am having tons of fun with this game. as for Bioshock wow what an awesome game so far but I do have to say, I don't understand the major hype of this game! yes it is awesome but not what I was expecting although I haven't gotten through a lot of the game, I do hear the story is amazing!

lovelikerockits

Seems like you're enjoying it, have you played Far Cry 1, most say it's better.

S3XYT1M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 S3XYT1M3
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

bioshock is great but i didnt like running thru africa on far cry it was boring

Thicksox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Thicksox
yes far cry 2 was very boring.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

The glitches!! There was one where the floor was dissapearing, and I tried to run but it expanded, so I had to restart. And that was only 10 minutes in. Terrible, terrible game.

enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

Single player is alright. Hated the multiplayer though.

starman4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 starman4
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

x-box magazine gave farcry 2 a 10/10.

it must have some merit! :)

hawksie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hawksie
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts

I consider myself one of those people who hate leaving games unfinished.. but this game was such a pain I gave up on it. It could have been good, but turned out very boring. I forced myself to get as far as I did. However my sister as well as a friend of mine are baffled with my dislike for it. Rent it first bud, it's either a love it or hate it kind of thing it seems.

Avatar image for 360forlifeagain
360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 360forlifeagain
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts
i had more fun playing charlie and the chocolate factory on computer while listening to britney spears than i did playing farcry 2
xsquidbillyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xsquidbillyx
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

I consider myself one of those people who hate leaving games unfinished.. but this game was such a pain I gave up on it. It could have been good, but turned out very boring. I forced myself to get as far as I did. However my sister as well as a friend of mine are baffled with my dislike for it. Rent it first bud, it's either a love it or hate it kind of thing it seems.

hawksie

yea the same goes for me...i tried my best to finish it. just couldnt do it. it got wayyyyy to boring