Far Cry 2, where's the much deserved attention?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Highgear56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Highgear56
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts

Far Cry 2 is an upcoming (Oct. 21) FPS with a full fledged MAP EDITOR, IMMERSIVE 50KM OPEN GAME WORLD, different singleplayer possibilites 80 HOURS OF SINGLEPLAYER, GREAT GRAPHICS/WEATHER, smooth GAMEPLAY, etc. Already reviewed (PC version) 9.4/10.

This is nothing like Far Cry Instincts, this is going to be an amazing FPS on the 360, potentially one of, if not, the best for 2008. I recommend for those of you who don't know it to look up some footage on Youtube.

Did I mention a MULTIPLAYER MAP EDITOR? Not the "Forge" piece of crap, an actual map editor you create land from th ground up and has over ONE THOUSAND objects from buildings, vegetation, vehicles, etc. with a 512m x 512m map size.

A map editor that allows players to post their maps on Ubisoft servers for others to rate and recommend, and for seamlessly EASY download size/rates in order to join other people's games (20 seconds, not even, to download another player's map and join that room of up to 20 players).

This game needs some attention, so much work has been put into it and it looks very well polished and great.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I knew the game was gonna have good features and all, but I didn't know THAT much!!!! now I want it even more!!!! already gots mine pre-ordered, too. :)
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

im very hyped for this game but its just coming out at the wrong time

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
got the game fully paid for already,look at my ava :).
Avatar image for nofriekinlemons
nofriekinlemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nofriekinlemons
Member since 2008 • 1392 Posts

i love this game it will be the best of 08 maybe, but theres just way to many games to be excited for like fable 2, fallout 3, gears of war 2, the new halo game is being very much talked about, COD5, saints row 2, dead space(maybe), tom Clancy's ENDWAR. these are all great games...games i'm going to be getting but great games. its hard to be hyped for them all, especially fable 2 since it lost its mulitpayer on launch till when ever and the special edition is cut..its just like the first game one after another that all your left with is a crap game...

So its not just farcry that is being left out its all the games its just so hard to be hyped and in control of all these games coming out, i know i'm going to be flat broke trying to get these

Hackeysacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hackeysacked
Member since 2008 • 136 Posts
Holy Crap seriously u can do that with the map. This definitaly does deserve more attention.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
lol just cuz u don't c it much around this place dun mean its not noticed by a large amount of ppl yes? :)
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ya farcry owns bit first fable 2 then i get farcry then fallout 3

only got enough for fable but about 2 weeks i should have my 160 dollar cheak for working election poles on nov 4

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Holy Crap seriously u can do that with the map. This definitaly does deserve more attention.Hackeysacked

yes and thats one of the big reasons why people love farcry games because of its map editer complet mapediter when u lower the ground or makes hills or water and then u cna pick what u want ground look like grass or destert or w/e then you haves tons and tons of items vechials theres really no limit to the stuff you can use like forge u have money b.s well on here endless think like forge mode on halo like 50x better unlimited power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnG4WhXMtE

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

hmm well most people that i know including myself didnt enjoy far cry i thought it was average, single player completely uninteresting.its had a map editor before that suked imo i mean it may not have been as deep as the new one but you could build your own stages using actually land pieces and such. What really made it bad is that like 95% of all of the user created maps that i played on were complete garbage and you had to wait for a long time while the game dled the map.

i just had an overall bad exp with farcry on all fronts i could never understand why people liked it but i may give this one a try it.

Highgear56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Highgear56

hmm well most people that i know including myself didnt enjoy far cry i thought it was average, single player completely uninteresting.its had a map editor before that suked imo i mean it may not have been as deep as the new one but you could build your own stages using actually land pieces and such. What really made it bad is that like 95% of all of the user created maps that i played on were complete garbage and you had to wait for a long time while the game dled the map.

i just had an overall bad exp with farcry on all fronts i could never understand why people liked it but i may give this one a try it.

Gen007

I concure with you on some of these points.

Far Cry (Instincts)'s singleplayer is quite linear. This one has a 50km open world and you are able to MAKE CHOICES on what to do in terms of storyline, with 9 different playable characters in the singleplayer.

As for the crappy multiplayer maps... Ubisoft has known about this issue and has implemented a map rating system. So I'd imagine a 1-5 star system being used, and crappy maps will have low stars so you know just how good/bad the map you are about to join really is.

This game will be excellent!

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
I want this game very much
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
Because it will be so much better on the PC I dont think console fans are jumping for joy
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
I'm freaken hyped for far cry 2 and it is my favourite game to come out this year.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
yep it looks incredible can't wait to play it this month.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
The game looks great, if anyone is even slightly interested in it and is considering picking it up; pre-order it. There's six exclusive missions that you'll miss out if you don't do so.
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

I imagine a lot of the hype for the game is in the PC forum. That said I think after the game is rated, provided it performs well, I think It will have a growing hype. It might be a bit of a sleeper hit.If COD5 turns out to be more COD3 instead of 4 I could see Farcrybenefitingfrom that.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
Yeah people wont like COD5 cus its WW2, I probably will but in the modern era fighting genre Far Cry 2 will sweep clean COD4's servers and everybody will be playing Far Cry. Hopefully you will look for a game and BOOM 600 20 player servers full are there just like COD or Halo.
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chirag6
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
I'm really torn between this and Fable 2.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

Holy hell, 80 hours of singeplayer gameplay. That bit of news has pretty much eliminated all doubts I've been having about this game. Yay. Now to update my wishlist:

Far Cry 2: CHECK.

Highgear56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Highgear56

Map Editor Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgXqgFhpR-A

Singleplayer Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1cD6mZLP4

Too epic to handle, I want it NOW >_

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

yeah farcry is going to be great but hey don´t compare it to halo in the map editor cause they´re totally different games and halo is the best(at least for now) in this mode.

but this is about FC2 and i think that yeah it should have been given more atention but hey it´s going to be released almost at the same time as Fallout3 and GOW2, so u know it´s being covered by much better games(in my opinion).

Highgear56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Highgear56

Also another quote I read from an article, depicting the campaign alone can be completed between 50 to 100 hours...

"Players looking forward to shooting their way through Far Cry 2's 50-square kilometers of African wilderness best set aside the better part of a few weeks (at least!) to do so. Varying reports suggest it could take as long as 100 hours (for compass-be-damned wanderers, no doubt) to complete the game's single player campaign alone."

XBD247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XBD247
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts
Im really looking forward to this game, I believe some people may not be looking forward to it as much on Xbox 360 due to the previous Far Cry Instincts. Far Cry on PC was a great game, but the console versions were poor attempts imo. That, and it is just coming out in a very very crowded month for games. There are numerous great looking games coming out, alot are bound to be ignored sadly. I really hope this title lives up to the high standards that the developers are trying to achieve. I will be getting Saints Row 2, Midnight Club LA, Fable, Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3, just in October alone. After which GOW 2 comes out shortly. Leading up to Christmas there are games for every genre out there, it will be both huge and bad for games.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

Ive always been hyped for this game. 80 hrs of gameplay? wow, i want is NOW!

Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Bloodymassacre
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts
Well dang, I wasn't even interested in this game, but after watching some videos of it, this game looks amazing. I might have to get it :P
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Yeah, 80 hours for a FPS is insane. I'm not sure if the extra three hour exclusive missions are apart of that. I can't wait to start playing this, I played GTA IV for about that time and this is going to be plain sick.
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 TechtRonin07
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts
yeah I've been psyched about this game for a while now, already pre-ordered it in full.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I already have the game fully paid :)

Getting it day one!

snake69pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snake69pie
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yes i think so! but gears of war 2 is better and people will buy more gears of war 2 then far cry 2 .....i think
cazzyno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cazzyno1
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

oooooooooooooooooh yessssssssssssssss

I want this so much ;)

zaid55

Forum Posts