This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

.....is looking good so far. I think it will be an excllent game. I'm already getting excited.

That's it. Nothing controversial or inflammatory, just a simple statement.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

.....is looking good so far. I think it will be an excllent game. I'm already getting excited.

marcus4hire

well said, I agree i am also looking forward to it.......it can't possibly be as bad as predator instincts or whatever it was called....I thought that game was garbage

DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
[QUOTE="marcus4hire"]

NOD_Grindking

well said, I agree i am also looking forward to it.......it can't possibly be as bad as predator instincts or whatever it was called....I thought that game was garbage

Predator Instincts was a HORRIBLE port the original for PC was amazing and I think that the sequel will follow suit.

masterchief375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 masterchief375
Member since 2004 • 1400 Posts

I cant wait for this game, hopefully it'll give Halo and COD4 a run for its money (im tired of playing both of those games lol)

denawayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 denawayne
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
While watching the demo, I was amazed by the graphics and gunplay. But after a few minutes I start to wonder if there could be more to games that are set in an incredible setting like this. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a lot of hidden secrets? I think about Zelda games. What if you had to set a certain plant on fire to reveal some cool weapon? Or find some random cave that doesn't have to be explored in order to finish the game. It just seems like the developers waste lot by just having driving and gunplay on a fantastic map. Any other ideas?
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

While watching the demo, I was amazed by the graphics and gunplay. But after a few minutes I start to wonder if there could be more to games that are set in an incredible setting like this. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a lot of hidden secrets? I think about Zelda games. What if you had to set a certain plant on fire to reveal some cool weapon? Or find some random cave that doesn't have to be explored in order to finish the game. It just seems like the developers waste lot by just having driving and gunplay on a fantastic map. Any other ideas?denawayne

Most games try to avoid just simple gameplay by adding the hidden flags and data and things etc.... but I understand what you are saying... side task that have nothing to do with the story... they just make the game better and less linear...

This game looks awesome... but if something like Mass Effect which isn't even a very graphic intensive game can lag on 360... I don't know how this can run near the glory of its PC counterpart... guess I will have to wait and see...

denawayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 denawayne
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Yeah, I doubt it's going to look like the demo. That's Ok though. Graphics aren't everything. I think I was also trying to say that with games like this, I tend to run around looking at the graphics saying to myself "Wow, this looks amazing. Now what? Oh, I have to go shoot that guy" I would rather run around in a dense forest looking around and then all of a sudden look up in a random tree and say "What's that up there? It looks shiny and out of place. How do I get up there?" And then spend an hour trying to figure out how to get the object. Remember the first Tomb Raider? There was some cool hidden secrets in that game. I ran around for hours in the levels just looking for out of place ledges. Oh well, here's to hoping.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
I'm definitely looking forward to this game.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Squeets

Yeah, I doubt it's going to look like the demo. That's Ok though. Graphics aren't everything. I think I was also trying to say that with games like this, I tend to run around looking at the graphics saying to myself "Wow, this looks amazing. Now what? Oh, I have to go shoot that guy" I would rather run around in a dense forest looking around and then all of a sudden look up in a random tree and say "What's that up there? It looks shiny and out of place. How do I get up there?" And then spend an hour trying to figure out how to get the object. Remember the first Tomb Raider? There was some cool hidden secrets in that game. I ran around for hours in the levels just looking for out of place ledges. Oh well, here's to hoping.denawayne

Thats what I did in Crysis... I can run that at very high settings and walking out onto the cliff over looking the ocean while the sun was rising... the shadows and glints and reflections and all the shaders and bloom effects... I just paused for about 20 minutes just awe struck that I was playing a video game... that game was just beautiful...

I get what you are saying though... I wish more games did that...

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

it has my attention

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
I'm looking forward to it as long as it has true linear gameplay. I want to be thrown into this world and go around wherever and however I want. That's what I didn't like about Far Cry: Instincts -- it gave the illusion of linear gameplay, but in actuality, you were forced to follow a set path.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Squeets

I'm looking forward to it as long as it has true linear gameplay. I want to be thrown into this world and go around wherever and however I want. That's what I didn't like about Far Cry: Instincts -- it gave the illusion of linear gameplay, but in actuality, you were forced to follow a set path. Lanezy

Do you mean free-roam/non-linear... because linear means it has a set path...linear implies it is a straight line from start to end... free-roam/non-linear is where you can do what you want when you want and still get the story...

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I had a blast playing the original on my xbox. I think I'll have to give this one a go.
Avatar image for MasterDarkJedi1
MasterDarkJedi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 MasterDarkJedi1
Member since 2005 • 856 Posts
I can't wait! I loved playing the original one for the xbox.
kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
I was extremly happy when I heard that they were puting this on consoles aswell as the pc, this game looks amazing.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I just hate that Jack Carver won't be making a return...
Avatar image for MickaelJulliard
MickaelJulliard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 MickaelJulliard
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
The only reason i played Instincts Predator or whatever, was for the map building, hopefully 2 will have it, if it doesn't then tbh im not interested...
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

I'm looking forward to it as long as it has true linear gameplay. I want to be thrown into this world and go around wherever and however I want. That's what I didn't like about Far Cry: Instincts -- it gave the illusion of linear gameplay, but in actuality, you were forced to follow a set path. Lanezy

you mean NON-Linear..........linear means it isa forced / set path...but I agree with you :)

RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts
of the previews ive seen, i cant wait till the game comes out.
jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
Yeah I am psyched about this game, it'll be one of the few I buy right at release.
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
I had a blast playing the original on my xbox. I think I'll have to give this one a go.metallica_fan42
Yeah me too. Predator mode was the BEST gametype of any game i've ever played. Most people who hate it didn't give it chance, played the wrong gametype, and didn't realize it was a port of an xbox game from 2004 based off a PC game from '99 (I think)
821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 821dan128
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts
oh wow when did they announce it on 360? i thought it was only for pc.
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

marcus4hire

Is it coming out for Eh Boh

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 G5W
I'm tracking it, and plan to get it, look at the graphics on that Jungle shot, if it looks anyhting close to that on 360 I'll be blown away.
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 G5W

Online will be CRAZY GOOD.

(sorry about the triple post)