Fallout 3 messed up disc will installing help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
So my Fallout 3 disc freezes at load times everytime but i can play when i don't need to leave/enter places. So i'm wondering would installing Fallout 3 from Blockbuster help? Also i'll be using my messed up disc to authenticate it or do i need to use the disc i installed? I'm unsure if this was suppose to be in the Broken xbox 360 thread but i'm not sure if so just lock it. My disc isn't even scratched up besides very little tiny scratches your disc normally develops. Guess my disc was just faulty and the warranty ended a day after it started freezing.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
i would try 2 install the 1 from blockbuster. I keep meaning 2 borrow Mass Effect form my friend and try that but i will prob never get around 2 it
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23

i would try 2 install the 1 from blockbuster. I keep meaning 2 borrow Mass Effect form my friend and try that but i will prob never get around 2 itDawq902

Yes i'm going to later today but my main question pretty much is will i need the disc i installed in or can you use any Fallout 3 disc?I know i could do the Blopckbuster trick but i'm not really into stealing so i'd rather not do that.

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
oooooh i wanna know too. my COD WaW is messed up and i need another copy to install to hard drive. I wanna know if my copy will work with that download though.
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
I think it should work. It is at least worth trying. I never thought about it needing the same disc. I would not be surprised either way but again it is worth the rental fee to find out. AS of now you have a unplayable game sitting there so risk the $5 on a rental.
Icehearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Icehearted
Member since 2004 • 1461 Posts
If all else fails you might try getting it buffed at a video store if you can find one that does that. I go to Gamecrazy and they do it for about $2, thing's as good as new once they're finished. A minor scuff in the right spot can cripple these discs pretty easily. :(
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23

If all else fails you might try getting it buffed at a video store if you can find one that does that. I go to Gamecrazy and they do it for about $2, thing's as good as new once they're finished. A minor scuff in the right spot can cripple these discs pretty easily. :(Icehearted

I'll try this too. Thanks for the help everyone. I forgot all about that service lol.