Fallout 3 leveling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
How many are there? Im 15 hours in and i think level 7 and i have a feeling im on the low end......
wii_dude101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 wii_dude101
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts
There's 20 lvls I think. Yea I've been playing for like 4 hours and I'm only at lvl 5 it's a lot harder then it was in oblivion.
Louis-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Louis-D
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts
Yeah, 20 is the highest possible level.
Odin945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Odin945
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts
I'm about 45 hours into the game and I'm level 17. try not to be too concerned with the levelling, I'm actually kind of disheartened there are only 20 levels. I want to play through the game with my one character (I havent started the main quest yet), but I dont want to play through it knowing I can't improve any further.
Zandroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zandroz
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts

The level cap is 20. I know of a few people that didn't buy the game because it had a level cap. Mabey in future DLC they might increase that. I think I'm about 6 hours into it and around level 7. Awesome game though!

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts
How many are there? Im 15 hours in and i think level 7 and i have a feeling im on the low end......johnny41252
I play on very hard and have like 8 charators with 150 hours in the game lol. I can reach level 7 in 2 hours but its because im used to playing so much. My best aduvce is dont worry that you a low level just savoir the game, and oh yeah, you should be playing on very hard your probaably playing on easy or something not only is that gay but you get less XP
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
side quests give you 300 exp. each. do those to level up quicker. Took my about 12 hours to get to level 15.
Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Pitbulllova
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts
How many are there? Im 15 hours in and i think level 7 and i have a feeling im on the low end......johnny41252
Hey, if you want to level up faster, try doing quests ;)
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts

The level cap is 20. I know of a few people that didn't buy the game because it had a level cap. Mabey in future DLC they might increase that. I think I'm about 6 hours into it and around level 7. Awesome game though!

Zandroz
When you reach Level 20, on the Loading screen it show's the Level Bar as 20 > 21, with your location right at 20. This makes me think that in DLC there will be higher levels unlocked. But yes, capped levelling sucks.
Goo4You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Goo4You
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
[QUOTE="johnny41252"]How many are there? Im 15 hours in and i think level 7 and i have a feeling im on the low end......Trinitarian
I play on very hard and have like 8 charators with 150 hours in the game lol. I can reach level 7 in 2 hours but its because im used to playing so much. My best aduvce is dont worry that you a low level just savoir the game, and oh yeah, you should be playing on very hard your probaably playing on easy or something not only is that gay but you get less XP

wow your cool... way to try and brag about your lack of life in that first sentence.. u completely did not answer his question and tried to sound "cool" with ur awesome leveling skills... max is 20 and im 48 hours in.. Great game but i do wish there was a higher lvl cap.
Solors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#12 Solors
Member since 2008 • 574 Posts
I got to level 20 maybe around, 25 hours actually.
the_animals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_animals
Member since 2004 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="Goo4You"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"] I play on very hard and have like 8 charators with 150 hours in the game lol. I can reach level 7 in 2 hours but its because im used to playing so much. My best aduvce is dont worry that you a low level just savoir the game, and oh yeah, you should be playing on very hard your probaably playing on easy or something not only is that gay but you get less XPTrinitarian
wow your cool... way to try and brag about your lack of life in that first sentence.. u completely did not answer his question and tried to sound "cool" with ur awesome leveling skills... max is 20 and im 48 hours in.. Great game but i do wish there was a higher lvl cap.

Wow your even cooler, someone who doesnt have a life is telling someone else there they have no life, but anyay since people all ready answered his question and he said he's "feeling on the low end" i just wanted him to know to not worry about leveling cause he should enjoy the game so F@ck off you piece of SH!t

wow your even even cooler someone who doesnt have a life telling someone they dont have a life about not having a life.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I just beat the game at level 17 or 18 my first time through and was very strong so I think 20 is plenty for this game.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I thought they should have raised it up to at least 30, but yeah just as the feller above said start knocking out some side quests & you will start ranking up quick.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="Goo4You"] wow your cool... way to try and brag about your lack of life in that first sentence.. u completely did not answer his question and tried to sound "cool" with ur awesome leveling skills... max is 20 and im 48 hours in.. Great game but i do wish there was a higher lvl cap. the_animals
Wow your even cooler, someone who doesnt have a life is telling someone else there they have no life, but anyay since people all ready answered his question and he said he's "feeling on the low end" i just wanted him to know to not worry about leveling cause he should enjoy the game so F@ck off you piece of SH!t

wow your even even cooler someone who doesnt have a life telling someone they dont have a life about not having a life.

Wow, you're the coolest. And I actually mean it, because you stole my idea before I could quote them and mention coolness.

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tnargus

[QUOTE="the_animals"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"] Wow your even cooler, someone who doesnt have a life is telling someone else there they have no life, but anyay since people all ready answered his question and he said he's "feeling on the low end" i just wanted him to know to not worry about leveling cause he should enjoy the game so F@ck off you piece of SH!tTheHumanDove

Wow, you're the coolest. And I actually mean it, because you stole my idea before I could quote them and mention coolness.

I can't stand the level of cool in this thread. It's, like, kinda, totally, uncool.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
I'm about 45 hours into the game and I'm level 17. try not to be too concerned with the levelling, I'm actually kind of disheartened there are only 20 levels. I want to play through the game with my one character (I havent started the main quest yet), but I dont want to play through it knowing I can't improve any further. Odin945
Thats because at lvl 20 you're pretty much a god. Any higher and not even a behemoth would be a chellenge. Plus you'd be able to max out all your stats and that would kinda kill the role playing aspect..
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="Zandroz"]

tnargus

When you reach Level 20, on the Loading screen it show's the Level Bar as 20 > 21, with your location right at 20. This makes me think that in DLC there will be higher levels unlocked. But yes, capped levelling sucks.

there's a perk called "here and now" that gives you one extra level

but who knows what the dlc will bring...

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tnargus
[QUOTE="tnargus"][QUOTE="Zandroz"]

maccer101

there's a perk called "here and now" that gives you one extra level

but who knows what the dlc will bring...

Yeah it raises you one level, but it wouldn't take you past 20. When you reach 20 you stop earning experience, and stop levelling, therefore making it impossible to choose another perk. Hopefully DLC will do something. Did everyone see Bethesda's announcement re DLC? Sounds good.