FallOut 3, how many vaults/cities?? how big??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by A00919734 (25 posts) -
Fallout 3 is located in a post apocalyptic Washington DC, and if i am right, the cities will not be cities, will be "vaults" but how big will the vaults will be?? how many vaults will be in the whole map? vaults are the only type of "city/town" in the game, or there will be other types of "cities/towns"???
#2 Posted by tyvivanco (1201 posts) -
from videos i see their is citys outside that arent in vaults but are protected
#3 Posted by mooserider (120 posts) -

Fallout 3 is located in a post apocalyptic Washington DC, and if i am right, the cities will not be cities, will be "vaults" but how big will the vaults will be?? how many vaults will be in the whole map? vaults are the only type of "city/town" in the game, or there will be other types of "cities/towns"???A00919734

You're notentirely wrong, but neither are you right. The vaults will be around the open world in certain places. These vaults will be where people will have been sheltered during the apocalypse that created the barren wastelands that you will explore. There are many structures and landscapes [actually just one] that you wil be exploring from ghost towns, damaged cities, barren wastelands, fortified supermarkets, private hotels that double as shelters etc.

#4 Posted by Slamdrmmr (25 posts) -
Ok so I got tis game a while ago and supposedly you can get a map of all the locations. Does anyone know where you can find that?
#5 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -

Ok so I got tis game a while ago and supposedly you can get a map of all the locations. Does anyone know where you can find that?Slamdrmmr

When you reach level 20 you can choose a perk that will show you all the locations on the map. But you still have to travel to them first to fast travel there.

#6 Posted by Slashfan10 (1242 posts) -

Here is a map of all the locations. The descriptions are under the map of what the number means.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map

#7 Posted by Zoomer30 (4365 posts) -

I full map is really not needed. If you get close enough to a "new" thing you see the tiny unfilled triangle on the compass. I found both Vault 108 and 106 this way.

A word of warning about 106. Dont worry your machine is not broken. Thats all I am gonna say.

#8 Posted by usmc999888 (25 posts) -
when you reach lvl 20, there is a perk called "explorer". That gives you all the locations
#9 Posted by Kcdragon8116 (1300 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slamdrmmr"]Ok so I got tis game a while ago and supposedly you can get a map of all the locations. Does anyone know where you can find that?PlasmaBeam44

When you reach level 20 you can choose a perk that will show you all the locations on the map. But you still have to travel to them first to fast travel there.

Answered right there quite a while ago. No need to revive this dead thread (from 2008 ) to answer a question that was already answered.

#10 Posted by mjc (12710 posts) -
As it is considered disruptive, please avoid bumping old threads.