Fallout 3 Firelance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

Does anyone know how to get the Fire Lance blaster in Fallout 3? I've been reading online and all I can find is that you can only get it through some random event at certain locations in the world. Does anyone know where these locations are or how to make the Fire Lance event happen? Thanks!

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 goki1012
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Firelance ... should have researched more.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
The Firelance event is completely random, and despite multiple people saying there is, there are no ways to make it happen. One day, while you are walking around you will see a flash in the sky that looks out of place. Try and get a sense of where the object landed and go there. The firelance will be waiting. The event could have happened and you may have missed it. I played through the game three times, got the Firelance twice. On the first time I followed the flash and searched a rough area for a few minutes and found it. The second time I was wandering around the wasteland and found it on the ground, so I obviously missed it. The third time, I followed the flash again into the middle of DC, only to find the Firelance stuck on a roof which was unaccessible. So be careful, because it could get stuck.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
Or you can go to a random event location, and save it before you trigger it, and continue to go into the random event and just hope you get it. I did this until I got it.
giantqtipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giantqtipz
Member since 2010 • 884 Posts

yeah its a random event. i collected every single unique item possible in the game (including DLCs, with good karma playthrough), but the Firelance is the only thing im missing :/

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

I have done a ton of research and have memorized just about every location. There is A LOT, in fact most areas can have a random event occur. Out in the wastes (out of the city) is the best place to look, have dogmeat with you. He will be able to find the gun/ammo when the firelance event does occur. There are several things to look for, one thing is to look for a large, green explosion. Although I recommend not relying too much on this because when I found my firelance there was no explosion of green lights or any sound (weird I know). Also you will be surrounded with radiation. BTW the higher your luck the more chance you have at getting the firelance.

So:

1-Get the your luck at a ten

2. Obtain Dogmeat at the scrapyard

3. Just explore. Do not go looking for it because you will be very disappointed, it will most likely take forever. Just explore, play, and pay attention to these signs. Eventually it will happen. I have told you what occurs during the event and things that can increase your chances, trust me...do not look for it. Just forget about it and be surprised when it occurs.

Now that I think about it I never tried out my Firelance (not even once). *Runs off to go play fallout 3*