fallout 3 environment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Monkey_N1nga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Monkey_N1nga
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts

i know this game is amazing due to the reviews but do u think the atmosphere is that good looking and i do not mean that by graphics but by the look of it. some people say it looks dull and stale cuz its practicly a dessert. theres not that much u could explore. i know the map is huge but what im saying is there isnt a whole variety. dont get me wrong about this game i think its cool even though i havent played it. thats why i made this thread to see if people like the envirment and please tell why u like it or not.

brandonB13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 brandonB13
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
I love the atmosphere and the overall tone of the game, but I hate how in order to get to a certain area you must travel through the subways because there block off. My only major issue with the game.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Well, it's a wasteland. Some of the views can be decent, but don't expect anything breathtaking like Crysis. You will see some green vegetation in the game, but most of the world is brown, drab, and dead.
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
I love the atmosphere and the overall tone of the game, but I hate how in order to get to a certain area you must travel through the subways because there block off. My only major issue with the game.brandonB13
Same here about the subways. If it wasn't for the fast traveling it would be more than a slight annoyance.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
yeah i feel the same way
Monkey_N1nga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Monkey_N1nga
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts

jagsxxfan u dont have to go crazy i was just asking a question since thats what u usually do in forums.correct?

crawdad111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crawdad111
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts
I loved fallout 3 but i didn't find exploring as much fun as oblivion. I enjoyed the medieval atmosphere in Oblivion but Fallout was great in its own right.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
I think the environment is awesome. It's a Wasteland, so of couse it's not going to be breathtaking, but in a way it is. The landscape is so eerie to look at as you walk through the Wasteland. If the environment does anything, it makes you feel uncomfortable for walking through hell basically.
George_Wings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 George_Wings
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

it's need more color ..........

but great game :)

hanzo225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hanzo225
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts
it lacks color bacause its afer an atomic bomb but ist abeautiful landscape none the less
Jluecke3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jluecke3
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
it is supposed to be grey and nasty. the setting is perfect for the back story and the overall atmosphere is superb in my opinion
Avatar image for XxStealth_DogxX
XxStealth_DogxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxStealth_DogxX
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
I love fallout 3 's environment even though it is a wasteland. With the new downloadable content coming out soon, it should add a little variety to the environment. The last I have heard is that the downloadable content takes place in Anchorage, Alaska.
brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
I like the atmosphere. I think it fulfills the developers intention perfectly. But as for it being a dessert, I totally disagree. I don't see how anybody can mistake the setting for delicious pastries or ice cream. There's nothing sugary about the environment in Fallout 3
ash918273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ash918273
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
The environments are a bit dull when you sit back and look, but when you're playing you dont really care. The atmosphere is great but i sometimes find the game frustrating..having to run around the waste land with barely any ammo then coming accross a bunch of super mutants every 2 minutes and dying. (but that may just be me)
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
I like the asmosphere and there is plenty to see and do. If anything it's an improvement over Oblivion as that really was endless trees for the most part. With the open view of the areas you really see what's out there and in 75% of the cases it's good for amazing scenery beating anything I've see in a game so far. The open view also helps finding interesting areas in the distance. Suprisinly this time around caves (and other dungeon types) are exacly interesting as they arent made out of lego blocks like in Oblivion. The subway might look similiar in every station but isn't that true to reality? Besides they did gave every metro station a unique look and the idea of going through this broken city by subway is exciting for RP fans. If there are two thing this game did right then it's the environments and the atmosphere.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
I haven't played the game but i have to agree that the enviroments look very dull.