This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

How is it i been thinking about getting it but i don't know

megamadman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 megamadman5
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts

i was probobly the most hyped for the game out of everybody in the world! seriously, i looked at my old school books recently and there full of carved in numbers everyone counting down the days till release, from MONTHS ahead. it kinda freaked me out. and i played it, loved it, for a few hours, then hated it. i just hated it because my expectations were too high. that being said, i guess its fun if you love open world games that are very long, but if you dont have oblivion id recomend tha. cheaper, and waaaay better, not just for its time, but seriously nothing better has come out yet. all imo

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

i was probobly the most hyped for the game out of everybody in the world! seriously, i looked at my old school books recently and there full of carved in numbers everyone counting down the days till release, from MONTHS ahead. it kinda freaked me out. and i played it, loved it, for a few hours, then hated it. i just hated it because my expectations were too high. that being said, i guess its fun if you love open world games that are very long, but if you dont have oblivion id recomend tha. cheaper, and waaaay better, not just for its time, but seriously nothing better has come out yet. all imo

megamadman5

Fallout 3 is light years ahead of oblivion, and i'm a huge oblivion fan :|

megamadman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 megamadman5

[QUOTE="megamadman5"]

LeGoofyGoober

how so?

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
If you like rpgs, then you'll like the game. If you are disappointed by any first-person game that isn't a halo clone, then you'll be disappointed.
RHCPlusXbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RHCPlusXbox
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts
Idk. It's very disappointing to me because of the.......boringness. Liam Neesson is great though.
crambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 crambles
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts
If you like rpgs, then you'll like the game. If you are disappointed by any first-person game that isn't a halo clone, then you'll be disappointed.UT_Wrestler
his gs is almost 30,000 so im sure he likes other games.
jtschmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jtschmitz
Member since 2009 • 293 Posts

Fallout 3 is a great game. Tons to do, good atmosphere, decent graphics, great replayability. All that being said, I liked Oblivion better.

It is not the worlds most fast past game, not even close. If you are one of those people who play a game, and skip the movies inbetween playing, then its probably not for you.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
Don't think. Just buy.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

[QUOTE="megamadman5"]

megamadman5

how so?

well for one thing, loot isn't leveled. you can be a level 1 vault dweller and still go on a journey to get ol' painless or the wazer wifle. unlike oblivion, where there are petty bandits with daedric armor. :|

and almost every building is different. once you've seen one cave/ayleid ruin/fort in oblivion, you've pretty much seen em all, save for a select few which are pretty cool.

im not bashing oblivion, i love the game. but fallout 3 is a much better game.

-Kirbyangel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Kirbyangel-
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Fallout 3.. You beat it once... who cares? Keep playing... beat it again, and again, and keep going. A fantastic game that never gets old.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
One of the best RPG's on the 360, personally speaking of course.:)
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
I really love Fallout 3 and have gotten all of the DLC up to Point Lookout (holding off for bugs to get worked out and save some more money). I've really enjoyed my time playing the game and exploring the world. I wouldn't say that it's better than Oblivion because Oblivion has more side stuff to do (joining factions and stuff) but I think Fallout 3 is different. It's like apples and oranges: both delicious fruit, but they have very different tastes.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#14 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
everything you're capable of in the game is truly amazing. but as for something else, the atmosphere was really boring. so I didn't even finish it due to the fact that it was VERY quiet/dull.
KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

You definitely need to get this game. It will last you for a very long time, and the DLC is awesome. It has great graphics, an awesome enviroment, and has has many interesting weapons and characters. You won't be disappointed.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Bethesda games are very controversial around here for some reason, either love em or hate em. I hated obilivion, and loved fallout 3. I think it is one of the best games this generation. That being said, you need ALOT of time to play this game, I didnt even do all of the side quests and I played for 50 hours. Thats including NONE of the dlc. Its alot of bang for your buck, no doubt.

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

everything you're capable of in the game is truly amazing. but as for something else, the atmosphere was really boring. so I didn't even finish it due to the fact that it was VERY quiet/dull.orb_03_2006

You must not have been to many of the places in the game. There are a lot of really cool places to find. Did you ever find Megaton, Rivet City, Little Lamplight, Paradise Falls, or Oasis?

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

Bethesda games are very controversial around here for some reason, either love em or hate em. I hated obilivion, and loved fallout 3. I think it is one of the best games this generation. That being said, you need ALOT of time to play this game, I didnt even do all of the side quests and I played for 50 hours. Thats including NONE of the dlc. Its alot of bang for your buck, no doubt.

h575309
On the contrary, I did a lot of side missions and all the DLC (up to Point Lookout) and probably only spent about 35 hours on that playthrough. You can definitely create your own destiny and pace yourself in that game.
Bayonetta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bayonetta7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Fallout 3 is so fun! Its a must buy!
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
Im not a huge rpg fan and i played it all the way through and i liked it.
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

If you're the kind of gamer that wants total instant gratification look elsewhere. But if you have the patienceand time tolet the game build to what I considerto be an extremelyrewarding experience you should really look into it.

megamadman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 megamadman5

[QUOTE="megamadman5"]

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

LeGoofyGoober

how so?

well for one thing, loot isn't leveled. you can be a level 1 vault dweller and still go on a journey to get ol' painless or the wazer wifle. unlike oblivion, where there are petty bandits with daedric armor. :|

and almost every building is different. once you've seen one cave/ayleid ruin/fort in oblivion, you've pretty much seen em all, save for a select few which are pretty cool.

im not bashing oblivion, i love the game. but fallout 3 is a much better game.

i'll agree with you that oblivion had a broken leveling system, but once you've seen one destroyed building you've seen them all. and to me it gets kind of tiring only seeing grey the whole game. fallout 3 just lost the FUN of oblivion, its like emo oblivion

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Don't think. Just buy.dirtydishko2
I agree. Listen to this guy; he would be one to know that Fallout 3 is a great game.
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

Thanks guys i'll proably get oblivion first then eventually get fallout 3

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

fallout=win

oblivion=boring and overrated

Fallout 3 actually has a very interesting story while Oblivion has one of the most boring main quest lines I have ever played. It is one game that I just have not beaten (and their are very few of them). The only thing I found really fun in Oblivon was the dark brotherhood guild but even that kinda got boring. Oblivion just consisted of doing the same thing over and over and over and just seemed like a chore to finish. In Fallout all the different locations you can go are so much more interesting than the cities that you get to go to in Oblivion. Each one consists of guild, houses, shops and a castle where the king just wants you to close a gate eventually. All the places in Fallout 3 are mainly unique from each other and when you finish everything in the main game their are now 4 awesome DLCs that you can get.