Fable 2 son or daughter? (possible spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Castlevania1986
Castlevania1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 Castlevania1986
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts

You know what I just figured out about Fable 2? Peter doesn't have much on the female version character nor does he state that whether or not you'll be able to have a daughter he just mentioned "son". So, I'm wondering what is the whole point of having kids in the game if regardless of how many times you do it with your wife, you'll always end up with a little boy?

Not to mention he doesn't say wether or not you can have more than one child. I know spoilers are weak, and its worth waiting the few days to check it out. I'm just curious about the whole having kids in the game. Not being able to have a evil or good daughter won't be any fun. I'd like to know what the dialog would be like. The same or different from when you have a son. I'm also curious to know if they get older or just remain a kid through out the entire game. Or would your kids end up marrying during some point in the game. Fable 2 looks like a fun game, I remember getting this excited for Knights of the old republic, and when I got the game it was as fun and exciting as the reviews said it was.

So with that being said, what does anyone else think of not being able to have a little girl in fable 2 just only a boy? I'd really like to see my evil looking daughter talking about some blond little girl she hit in the mouth the day I was out slaying a town and taking it from people. lol.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I only heard him say "child." bot sure on the gender. but I'm guessing the sex of the baby will be chosen out of random. I'm pretty sure there's also gonna be a limit to the quantity of children. I'm gonna love this game! :D
Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts
I remember only seeing a son but hearing the word child I expect the children will be both genders
Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
bow chika wah wah!
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

hermorphadite? that would be WIERD!!!

T_isj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 T_isj
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I have only seen screen shots of a boy... but i would "Like" to think you could have a girl also. I'm guessing you can have both.... but *SPOILER*

I can't remember where it was i saw.... wish i had a link so you could read it for your self.... but i thought it said you can only have a wife and a child.... leading me to think that means throughout the game.... not to upset anyone if i'm wrong. Also, thought the same read said that the kids would stay "Wonderful, Energenic youth" also leading me to believe they don"t age or at least age past a certain age.... bummer i know seems no one"s heroes will get to be grandparents... but that's why he's make a Fable 3, 4, and 5, right?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I have only seen screen shots of a boy... but i would "Like" to think you could have a girl also. I'm guessing you can have both.... but *SPOILER*

I can't remember where it was i saw.... wish i had a link so you could read it for your self.... but i thought it said you can only have a wife and a child.... leading me to think that means throughout the game.... not to upset anyone if i'm wrong. Also, thought the same read said that the kids would stay "Wonderful, Energenic youth" also leading me to believe they don"t age or at least age past a certain age.... bummer i know seems no one"s heroes will get to be grandparents... but that's why he's make a Fable 3, 4, and 5, right?

T_isj

so only ONE child?

damn!

I wanted 28. (o_0)

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I assume you can have both genders.
narimonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 narimonk
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Sounds logical to be able to have both.
sicknastyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sicknastyman
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
[QUOTE="T_isj"]

DJSAV_101

so only ONE child?

damn!

I wanted 28. (o_0)

i was watching a few fable 2 vids from gametrailers and in an interview, I know he said more than one kid. (i think he was saying if u wanna be evil, sell all the furniture and leave your wife and kidS to die, etc)... and about the girl thing, of course youll be able to have a girl. he mentioned something about female children dialogue about a year ago in another interview.

Fodpea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Fodpea
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
i hope soo. it would be funny if you could have unlimited children just walk into your tinny home with your wife and 15 kids . but ya you probably can have a daughter peter just shows his account thats why.
AlbionsHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AlbionsHero
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you can have both a son or a daughter as well as multiple children. You can also be the woman and actually get pregnant. Now that's what I call an overly realistic video game!
T_isj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 T_isj
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Personally, i'm hoping for multiple children and such. In the e3 or expo trailer he says "You unlock special bonuses and power ups in the cities you have families....." so i know i'm not helping my first statement.... but that makes me think maybe you can have multiples? Not sure.
TommYikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TommYikes
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I do remeber in a review or video Peter saying that with Fable 1 he pretty much told us everything we could do in game and so there was no real discovery about the features in game. So this time he is keeping lots of things secret so when it does happen to you in game it is a lot more exciting. So I would say you will never know if you can have a daughter until you play the game and then if or when it does happen you can be like "WOOOOW!"
captainn_dread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 captainn_dread
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
listen up ppl i have news 1) i have a girl and a boy so yes there r girl kids 2) they will go thru the stages of life baby-kid-adult 3) u can have more kids some ppl have 4-5 (if u have Castle Fairfax theres more beds) 4) i think theres a limit to kids its under 10 i no but not sure the exact number... but i no of way to get 15+ have multiple wifes XD duh but theres a limit to the kids per wife has i previously metioned only thing buggin me is if we can marry our adult son/daughter XD tht would be weird ''yes ive known Emma (daughters name b4 i changed it) in fact im her father.'' Guy: O.O WTF MAN!! Me: hehehehehheheheehhehehe want to see my kid/grandkids? Guy: NO! *runs away* XD XD XD XD
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

listen up ppl i have news 1) i have a girl and a boy so yes there r girl kids 2) they will go thru the stages of life baby-kid-adult 3) u can have more kids some ppl have 4-5 (if u have Castle Fairfax theres more beds) 4) i think theres a limit to kids its under 10 i no but not sure the exact number... but i no of way to get 15+ have multiple wifes XD duh but theres a limit to the kids per wife has i previously metioned only thing buggin me is if we can marry our adult son/daughter XD tht would be weird ''yes ive known Emma (daughters name b4 i changed it) in fact im her father.'' Guy: O.O WTF MAN!! Me: hehehehehheheheehhehehe want to see my kid/grandkids? Guy: NO! *runs away* XD XD XD XDcaptainn_dread

You're just a little bit late answering this question. A year late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#17 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I had a boy. My character is white, my wife is white, yet my son is black. Ummmmmm. And I have a baby girl too.
dhfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dhfy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know for fact you can have daughters cause I did have one I don't no if they will grow up though so ya