External USB HD w/ Ethernet for Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazydv8er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 crazydv8er
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Here's what I'm looking to do:

I am looking for a compatible External Hard Drive or enclosure that has both USB and Ethernet (Seagate GoFlex or Corsair Voyager lines, for example). I want to be able to transfer (NOT STREAM) files (mostly video and music) to the hard drive. I would also like this drive to be plugged into my Xbox 360 at all times for viewing movies and listening to music.

What I don't want (if these are your suggestions, please don't bother):

1) I am well-versed with Streaming protocols like Vuze, PS3 Media Server, TVersity, Windows Media Center, etc. I have been doing them for a long time, but like I said above, I don't want to stream my content anymore.

2) I know I could just hook up a PC near the xbox for faster transfer/access, etc. Again, not what I want to do.

3) I am not interested in any NAS devices or NAS-like setup (although this would loosely be considered along the same lines).

4) I'm not "lazy", but I don't want to have to constantly get up to plug and unplug the device back and forth between the Xbox and whatever it is I am getting the files from. I want the ethernet connection to my network and the USB connection to the Xbox plugged in/maintained at all times.

If anyone has any helpful insight (both good or bad news welcome) on this, preferably thru personal experience/use, I would love to hear from them. Thank you.