Exclusive-- Next Xbox to be Released This Year!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoctorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DoctorJoe
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
New Xbox Planned for This Year

According to sources exclusive to Jumping in Pools, Microsoft will pull off the gaming feat of this generation by releasing its next incarnation of the popular Xbox series. According to our source at Microsoft's facility in Palo Alto, California, the new system will be released on or around December of 2009, just before the Christmas buying season.

The new system, which does not have an official name yet, is preliminarily called the Xbox Edge.
This new system was originally slated to be released at the end of 2010, but due to the economic slowdown, our source stated, Microsoft thought that it would be best to get a jump on the market.

"With people not going out due to the recession," said the source, "Microsoft execs felt that consumers are more likely to stay at home and try out some new technology, especially if it's really ground-breaking."

The rest at http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-xbox-planned-for-this-year.html

atreyu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 atreyu27
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts
I hope this is true, would love to be playing some "Edge" this holiday season lol.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
There is no way this is true since MS has said that there will be a larger amount of time between the 360 and the release of the next gen system than there was between the original Xbox and the release of the 360. It would be cool but I doubt the validity of it.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
If this is true, I hope people boycott microsoft... Early 360 release lead to many problems... They should totaly be the last one to release now :p Too early to get excited or angry, let's wait for more reliable sources.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]If this is true, I hope people boycott microsoft... Early 360 release lead to many problems... They should totaly be the last one to release now :p Too early to get excited or angry, let's wait for more reliable sources.

They should not be the last to release now. The whole reason they started early was to get ahead and that is what they did. If the PS3 and 360 came out close together then the race would be alot closer. They just need to make sure it works before it's released.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
It is most likely a new revision. I've heard they already got one to replace Jasper. The next one will have both the GPU and CPU on the same die or such making it easier to cool and cheaper to make.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Microsoft said they were making a new console ages ago like 2yrs ago...but it isn't happening...all the companies should know this is a stupid year to release a new console the only thing they can do is upgrade the current consoles...new consoles won't come for another 4yrs at least...X360 and all consoles are still running strong and simply put the consoles of this gen can't just be left and forgotten about like old consoles because they all have online content and stuff. Nothing new is coming 2009, its another dead year...something will happen 2010 but nothing before that. New console won't be out for at least 3yrs because nobody is gonna pay hard money for a console right now...lets remember PS3 and the flop release it had. This gen is only like 2yrs old, if they make a new console now that would be very stupid...whats needed is more games NOT consoles.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I doubt it considering they're not even using the 360 to it's full potential yet...
Chris-334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chris-334
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
Did anyone read the last paragraph in that article? Almost all of that sounds like BS to me.
Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts
THIS IS BS, they usually announce almost year before the launch the console. They would be slowing down sales of games on the 360 and annoucing them for the next console, (mass effect 2 would have been disclosed as being a launch title for the next console to push it). Also, xbox has being pushing to get their console to a low price inorder to compete with the WII, now that they have finally achieved that low price they wouldn't announce a new console which would certianly be in the higher price rage. It's a recession also, its good be tough to convince people who just bought a 360 to buy a brand new one.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Considering how bad the economy is i hope not.. Huge mistake when a large portion of the world is suffering. Not everyone is suffering to that big of an extreme but enough people are to justify waiting a bit. I mean look at how much it'll cost to buy it and then games.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Microsoft will purchase the Playstation franchise from Sony?

...right.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
There's no credibility in your source since there's a story like this every week.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
New Xbox Planned for This Year

"With people not going out due to the recession," said the source, "Microsoft execs felt that consumers are more likely to stay at home and try out some new technology, especially if it's really ground-breaking."

DoctorJoe

That has to be one of the stupidest things i've heard in a long time. That site's (b/c it clearly isn't anyone from MS) logic is that people aren't spending money on extraneous things, so they'll probably be compelled to buy an incredibly expensive piece of technology.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
So theyre rushing it out, just incase things get bad? If this is even true, then I'll be waiting to buy the next Xbox, if Ill ever buy it (Implying another Depression)
M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts
Now this is just BS, Microsoft cannot purchase playstation, they have had losses lately, also, Why is Bioware making mass effect 2 for the xbox 360 and not for the so called edge as a launch, i'd pay $800 if it was a launch. Also, who is their source, its a blog, not a news website and it barely has anything gaming related on the blog, i dont think microsoft would go to them first to tell them about it. And why would they stop the xbo 360 when it isnt even being used to its full potential, i mean the graphics get better every year, and sony wouldnt sell playstation when xbox live and playstation network both have about 20 million subscribers. I'm sure you passed 4th grade last year you retard
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
this just doesn't sound like a believable story... it's too early for a new console. MS wouldn't release a console for over $600. Sony already made that mistake... and MS buying the Playstation franchise? lol...
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
This is a total lie. There are games planned to come out after this so called 'edge' is going too.
afflictatrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 afflictatrophy
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts
if this is true i will buy a ps3
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts
Thats bogus. It's not releasing this year. It won't release for another few years. If they're smart, wait until the economic crisis is over. No one will spend $800 on a system in this economy. And that last paragraph, it's crazy! Microsoft will not end the Xbox and it won't buy PlayStation, which it can't afford.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Did anyone read the last paragraph in that article? Almost all of that sounds like BS to me.Chris-334

Exaclty, I can understand that video games are a cheaper alternative to going out, but going out and buying a whole new system? Yeah right.

Honestly, game companies lose money on consoles, the economy sucks, they'd be stupid to launch one now. They get all their sales through games - if anything the new xbox will be pushed back due to the economy IMO.

Either way, I don't buy consoles at launch so I'll be sticking with my 360 for awhile.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Hell, if the console launches at $800, I wont be buying it for several years!
Blastalot5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Blastalot5
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts
Gotta love folks who post BS to pretend they're important.
racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

It is most likely a new revision. I've heard they already got one to replace Jasper. The next one will have both the GPU and CPU on the same die or such making it easier to cool and cheaper to make.Sins-of-Mosin

A revision makes more sense, it would be stupid to launch a whole new system in the middle of an economic slowdown, specially when the current one is selling well. People most likely will stay at home, yeah...but I don't think many people will be spending a lot of money in a whole new system. MS knows that.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
We're supposed to truth an unknown blog to report big news? I do want MS to release a better/more stable console though, maybe it'll be like an X360 slim or something...with noise reducing technology like a built in muffler.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
Lies!
SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts
There is no way a new Xbox is coming this year.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Haha, Im waiting for the to come clean on this terrible joke. Its most likely a slimmer 360 hence the "edge"
ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
Hopefully a joke but if it is true im going to switch over to sony. I'm sorry but i can't support m$ with their **** hardware and forcing me to buy a new system.
techguybrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 techguybrian
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
LOL @ at that last paragraph, people don't want to spend due to the recession but they're going to spend 800 bucks on a game system anyway. you see what happen to sony at the $600 price point
SpectreBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 SpectreBoy6
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
hope no RROD like 360:D
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts
I really don't think that they will release a new xbox anytime this year. I'm pretty sure many people want one this year including Microsoft but I dont think that is going to happen. Maybe December 2010.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#36 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Ugh. Sounds like more rumors to me. Microsoft probably started them themselves...I wouldn't put it past them.
Bhoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bhoone
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts
this is just..wrong