Ever had a complaint filed against you on Xbox Live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jk80
Member since 2004 • 1843 Posts

Somebody sent me a dodgy message earlier after a game of Reach so I filed a complaint (it was nasty stuff). I've had to file a few in the past, and I always wonder what happens to people, if anything, after them. Just wondering what experiences people have had of being complained about, what punishments if any there are etc.

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Somebody sent me a dodgy message earlier after a game of Reach so I filed a complaint (it was nasty stuff). I've had to file a few in the past, and I always wonder what happens to people, if anything, after them. Just wondering what experiences people have had of being complained about, what punishments if any there are etc.

jk80

Dozens of times. I loved pissing people off in CoD4, probably had 10 complaints filed against me every month lol. I was never suspended.

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

the action is taken only if majority of people send a complain file against that one particular person

jk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jk80
Member since 2004 • 1843 Posts

the action is taken only if majority of people send a complain file against that one particular person

killev

Interesting, I would have thought where it's text communication, or an unacceptable gamertag or profile, it would be easy for Microsoft to check these things out themselves.

apathyambition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 apathyambition
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

Haha Yeah. Got a 24 Hour Ban from Live for something on my profile. Some guys were talking trash to a black dude and I even stood up for the guy. He reported me anywayz.

killerboi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killerboi2
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts

Yeah i'm pretty sure i've had complaints filed against me, for halo 3 betrayals and quitting early (i only quit early in a game if i have to). I'd only file a complaint against someone if he kept spamming me with unwanted messages. Something like quitting early or sending just one message of abuse isn't enough to try and get someone banned from xbox live in my opinion.

apathyambition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 apathyambition
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

Yeah i'm pretty sure i've had complaints filed against me, for halo 3 betrayals and quitting early (i only quit early in a game if i have to). I'd only file a complaint against someone if he kept spamming me with unwanted messages. Something like quitting early or sending just one message of abuse isn't enough to try and get someone banned from xbox live in my opinion.

killerboi2

Haha I hate team kills. But when your stoned... Funny **** and often accidental! hahaha

l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

I've had a 24 hour suspension for something in my proflie aswell. It really depends on the situation and the evidence that they can get. Majority of the time, if you send something solid, like an in game message, it's easily traceable and they can jusitify the breach in code of conduct. The individual will get the first offense a 24 our suspension. If it is something in the game, ie. talking trash while playing a game or someone cheated etc., that is when it comes into the effect where it takes several people to get someone in trouble. Reason being, you can simply back out of that game and mark the player avoidable so you will not match up against him again. Problem solved. The process is slow and takes a few days to go through, but I would more than willing to bet that they guy got his suspension.

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brown_flame
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
can sum1 file a complaint just bcus they dont like u or etc. bcuz im new to xbox and i dont wanna get modded or banned for pwning someone online. :|
l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts
can sum1 file a complaint just bcus they dont like u or etc. bcuz im new to xbox and i dont wanna get modded or banned for pwning someone online. :|brown_flame
Yes, they could file a complaint, but will it do anything? No, not unless you violate the code of conduct.
gwydiong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gwydiong
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So im playing madden 11 i see a guy bid on a great player and he was the only copy so i out bid him, two hours later the guy UR MAD COOL DAN invites me to a party, i have a lot of friends named dan so i agree, i get their there r 2 guys. one tells me did u bid on a player i said yes he says i better give him 18,000 coins(18$) i sign out then sign in he says being mad 'r u sending me' the coin i say 'who do u think u r' and his friend says 'we own a site so u better pay or we kck u out of xbox live' so i say 'go ahead'. before he can i file a complaint just and i lost my connection. then i tell my friends through facebook to the same. while doing it i try tgo find out about him using xbox.com then he sends me a message to join his party(i dont) but his avatar is saying this site so i lnk to hit make a profile under another name and its a hackers site with 3 other people so i look at his profile with 50 gamer points and laugh i log back in i get online again and heres his site if he does this to u http://utbandits.webs.com/
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
it takes a few complaints, usually about the same issue, before MS actually looks into it
BigBadWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBadWolfie
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

The only time I report someone is when they send me a racist filled rant of a message.

Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
Same here. I can take someone ranting and swearing at me but it drives me nuts when they assume Im of one particular race because they are mad at me. Tells you what type of person they are.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Same here. I can take someone ranting and swearing at me but it drives me nuts when they assume Im of one particular race because they are mad at me. Tells you what type of person they are.ChristopherRage

i dont like typical americans who cant speak without mentioning racist words and swear words (90% of which start with N and F...). if ur gona talk like that then do it off mic or u'll get a negative complaint from me :D

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="jk80"]

Ellimem

Dozens of times. I loved pissing people off in CoD4, probably had 10 complaints filed against me every month lol. I was never suspended.

Very mature.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I filed a complaint against a girl I met in Uno who was performing...*cough*..."favors" on a private camera for anyone who would buy her XBL points (her parents must be so proud). I checked her profile two weeks later and nothing happened, so I went to the official Xbox Forums and asked why the hell anything wasn't done. THEN they took down her profile.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"]Same here. I can take someone ranting and swearing at me but it drives me nuts when they assume Im of one particular race because they are mad at me. Tells you what type of person they are.kungfool69

i dont like typical americans who cant speak without mentioning racist words and swear words (90% of which start with N and F...). if ur gona talk like that then do it off mic or u'll get a negative complaint from me :D

typical americans? whos better? one who generalizes an entire country? or the few that actually swear as much as you say?
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

on topic: I file several complaints against people who team kill me, act like A holes in the lobbies or in game (swearing every other word directed at someone) anything racist, basically people that ruin my gaming experience by being a jerk. I've also been reported before for stupid things though, like beating the crap outta some people in the halo 3 beta, they messaged me like: "STUPID CAMPING NOOBS HAVE FUN BEING REPORTED" I was like uhhhh okay...and ive gotten into some message-wars that im sure some people have reported me, but i never have been suspended.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kungfool69

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"]Same here. I can take someone ranting and swearing at me but it drives me nuts when they assume Im of one particular race because they are mad at me. Tells you what type of person they are.Keving7

typical americans? whos better? one who generalizes an entire country? or the few that actually swear as much as you say?

these people i label typical american is a label i can use ehre without getting banned.....there is another label i will freely use but its unmentionable. essentionial these certain people speak like bad american rappers.... to quote Transformers: The Live Action Movie, "Enlgish dude! English!"

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="Keving7"][QUOTE="kungfool69"]

kungfool69

these people i label typical american is a label i can use ehre without getting banned.....there is another label i will freely use but its unmentionable. essentionial these certain people speak like bad american rappers.... to quote Transformers: The Live Action Movie, "Enlgish dude! English!"

typical american? your basing a population of over 300,000,000 on a few people you randomly met on the internet?
Pugberto3122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Pugberto3122
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

[QUOTE="Ellimem"]

[QUOTE="jk80"]

_TheJoker_

Very mature.

Annoying people is fun on Xbox Live. I have a second Xbox Live Gold account just to troll people with and I haven't looked back since.
XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

YES..Yes I have, and it's bull! Someone filed a complaint against me and for what I have no idea, but I received a 24h suspension because I had the word "damn" in my profile, now I understand I violated the terms and conditions but really? C'mon...stupid kids on xbl :roll: I don't even talk on xbl unless I'm discussing strategy for a teamwork based game. Luckily for me I was at work all day and by the time I got home it was lifted so no big deal, but I can't stand people who just go around filing complaints on other gamers, I mean if it's that bad of a problem then by all means go ahead I guess but seriously get over it and go on with your life. I guess it makes 'em feel like they have some enormous power over someone. Its like when you were younger and a kid just kept running his mouth and you wanted so bad to knock him out and the thing they always said "If you hit me I'll sue you" pfft what?!

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Never

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Not to my knowledge. I don't have a subscription at the moment, but even when I did play regularly, I stayed nice most of the time.
LowDownDirty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LowDownDirty
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

I don't file a complaint, but if my teammates are terrible in CoD or Halo I just berate them a bit. I've never had a complaint filed on me either, but I do get avoided about 25% of the time, but its always by terrible people so I don't mind.

I feel if you play on Pro or Underground you should NEVER report anyone unless they either:

Cheat

Quit a Bunch

Team Kill a Bunch

That's it. If you can't stomach some curse words or stupid kids talking trash then you need to play without a headset because its going to happen and last I checked the majority of people curse in their everyday life anyways. Now some 12 year old saying f*** and n***** every other word is annoying, but instead of complaining just block them or mute them if it bothers you that much. Personally I find it amusing.

Talking trash on the internet or on a video game is the definition of retardation.

If you take the time to write out a message talking trash you need to seriously re-evaluate some things.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kungfool69

I don't file a complaint, but if my teammates are terrible in CoD or Halo I just berate them a bit. I've never had a complaint filed on me either, but I do get avoided about 25% of the time, but its always by terrible people so I don't mind.

I feel if you play on Pro or Underground you should NEVER report anyone unless they either:

Cheat

Quit a Bunch

Team Kill a Bunch

That's it. If you can't stomach some curse words or stupid kids talking trash then you need to play without a headset because its going to happen and last I checked the majority of people curse in their everyday life anyways. Now some 12 year old saying f*** and n***** every other word is annoying, but instead of complaining just block them or mute them if it bothers you that much. Personally I find it amusing.

Talking trash on the internet or on a video game is the definition of retardation.

If you take the time to write out a message talking trash you need to seriously re-evaluate some things.

BrettFavor1185

Halo REACH gave me a new reason to hate XBOX live. when u accidentally kill a team memeber becasue they got in the line of fire and then boot you because the game allows TK'ed to choose boot or keep.

BornDEAD92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BornDEAD92
Member since 2011 • 147 Posts
Oh, I have pissed off LOTS of people. It's quite amusing actually especially because I never do it on purpose.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

i tend not to file if a kid is just talking smack that is what player reviews are for but when a person is cheating i normally do (as in hacks and mods not camping) but i hate the little kids that have to tell you likethinking thatyou will cry if they do because they are sore that you one uped them in a game