eugh project natal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blazingwalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazingwalrus
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

was on the xbox live forums, and stumbled across a thread where people were saying fable 3 might only be playable on this whole new project natal thing. i don't think that would happen tbh; it wouldn't be compulsory at least. but i nearly started off on a rant about it, because seriously, wtf?!

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Controller-free-gaming.htm

according to steven spielberg, "With 'Project Natal,' we'll see games that bring everyone together through technology that actually recognises us". what a load of bollocks! i hate this whole motion sensor thing that's clawed its way into gaming. but that was all fine; it was limited to the wii, more a party toy than a serious console tbh... but it will totally ****ing suck if xbox buys into it as well.

i definately won't be having anything to do with it, even if it means missing out on certain games. i don't want to be jumping and leering about my living room like a total gorm! what's wrong with the controller? good god! .____.

am i the only person that thinks this looks **** s:

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

There are a couple of things that make me turn away from Natal. For one, I don't feel like having to move around to play a game, I'm just way too lazy for that. Second, my room isn't nearly big enough. Third, I'd hate it if they pushed to get rid of the controller. My controller just feels so natural to me.

I won't disregard this as a possible excellent gaming tool, not until I actually read more about it or experience it for myself. I'm not one to judge a book by its cover.

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I think the whole motion control thing will just be a fad. I really don't see how it will replace the precision ofa controller. Even with the wii mote, if you twist it in a bowling game, the ball spins, or take a cut swing in a tennis game, you can get some back spin on the ball. I just don't see how natal will sense that kind of stuff. I also like the video of natal, with the kid in a racing game with arms stretched out like they were holding a steering wheel. That would only last about 5 minutes for me.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
i just like natal because it's like the wii but 50000000000000 times better. but i wanna see what games they make for it and how creative they can be since it's obviously the best of the 3 motion sensing devices we have seen so far.
Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

As long as they keep considering the way we like to play(controller) I won't worry, but if they become like the wii with about 4 games used by controller, it will be either get in shape to keep playing(yeah you wish) or start playing only on PC(I think i'm gonna go with this one) and I believe playing alone with a wii or natal looks kinda stupid it's like begging to get some friends.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I think it will be great for navigating the dashboard,searching marketplace,sending messages,etc. but that is all.I play games to relax and jumping around like a 10 year old on crack is not my idea of relaxation.Not saying that it wouldn't be fun and entertaining occasionally but I really am not standing up for hours on end gaming when I would be quite comfortable and content sitting on the couch.Also there is a good chance that the motion sensor won't be able to register and track my movements due to the fact that I move so fast:P.I don't care if every game utilizes Natal,just as long as they leave me the option to still use the controller.One last thing....Natal + Beer = Trashed House:twisted:.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I think they've put too much imagination into this Natal thing..it's a great idea but I have a feeling it being Microsoft related it's gonna fall just a little bit short of what it could've been. I keep hope alive that it will be brilliant like the talking heads are saying!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

PETER is already said it is a controller base game when they first announced the game... so everyone went on screwing with his words and saying natal wont be in the game because he said it be controller base and bla bla bla....so peter had interview and the guy asked him question about natal the interviewer was trying push natal won't be in the game and that... Peter responded back back backing up his words "i never said natal will or will not be fable 3 all i said it will be a controller base game"

this is roughly translated from my memory's.... also from that don't judge if natal will or not be in fable but know it is a controller base game so from that info natal could be a option to be used for the game it could be option for the mini games inside fable 3 who knows? only lion head knows the truth atm

blazingwalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blazingwalrus
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

yeah, exactly, all points i agree with. the wii is undoubtedly fun, especially with friends, but it completely loses its novelty; most people i know who have a wii have it in a corner or up on a shelf, gathering dust by now.

and like others have said, sometimes i'll play games like fallout 3 for three hours or so at a time, and just want to cotch back in my beanbag. also, wouldn't it totally ruin the atmosphere of games like bioshock if you had to be doing weird actions and movements? or maybe it would make you feel more emersed in the game, idk, but personally, i think it would look stupid.

project natal is fair enough, if that's what you're into, but i'd hate to see it push the controller out. bungie already ruled out the new halo game being playable with natal, so that sort of suggests it probably won't get attract many proper games, much like the wii. i think alot of serious gamers would probably object to natal taking over the controller as well, so hopefully it won't happen.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

yeah, exactly, all points i agree with. the wii is undoubtedly fun, especially with friends, but it completely loses its novelty; most people i know who have a wii have it in a corner or up on a shelf, gathering dust by now.

and like others have said, sometimes i'll play games like fallout 3 for three hours or so at a time, and just want to cotch back in my beanbag. also, wouldn't it totally ruin the atmosphere of games like bioshock if you had to be doing weird actions and movements? or maybe it would make you feel more emersed in the game, idk, but personally, i think it would look stupid.

project natal is fair enough, if that's what you're into, but i'd hate to see it push the controller out. bungie already ruled out the new halo game being playable with natal, so that sort of suggests it probably won't get attract many proper games, much like the wii. i think alot of serious gamers would probably object to natal taking over the controller as well, so hopefully it won't happen.

blazingwalrus
motion controles is not for every type of games and company's know that. Microsoft way of doing business is by getting stuff for every type of person not just these type of game unlike the WII . natal is no means to ditch the xbox controller get that out of your head because Microsoft already said so
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
When will people get it through their heads that Natal is not going to completely and uterly replace the controller. While there will be some Wii Sports like party games, Natal will not overtake all of our shooters and sports games, etc. I think they will be used as OPTIONAL ENHANCEMENTS in a lot of future games. Emphasis on OPTIONAL. But don't you think that the developers realize that not everyone will own Natal? So using it exclusively will no doubt alienate a large percentage of 360 owners. Do you really think that devs are that naive or stupid?? Why do you think they never thought of going down the route of using the HD-DVD drive as a storage medium for their games? Not just because Blu Ray ultimately won the format war. But they realize that not everyone will drop $100+ on an add-on so they cannot make it a requirement. Cliff Blezinski said that while he's very impressed by the responsiveness of Natal, he realizes that it would not be appropriate for every normal type of game. Say what you want about Cliff, but he knows a lot about the industry, and I'm sure a lot of other devs feel the same way as he does. So everyone just chill about Natal. Don't be so threatened by it. Be a little open minded about it. Who knows, we might get some cool games and experiences out of it. You may think it's stupid, whatever. Just don't get it. But we're not going to lose our controllers. And geez, it's not even out yet and we've only seen a few tech demos. Let's see what they have in store for us and let's actually try it before ultimately condemning it.