Error code E 68

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

Recently, my son's 360 crashed (RRoD). Sent in the system, and had it replaced. Upon installation, I got error code E 68. Microsoft said that it was the hard drive, and to try another memory unit. I got another 20 Gb hard drive, however, all of his game saves and XBL data in on the origional (he never bothered to write any of it down). What is the easiest way to try and recover the info from the old hard drive?

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
there is a transfer cable but I honestly dont think you can buy in retail. Maybe call M$ and see if you can buy one directly from them after you explain it to them.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I know there's a third party device out there that allows you to transfer saves from an HDD or memory unit to your PC and then back again. Though if something was wrong with your first HDD I doubt you'll be able to get anything off it.
unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
I had an E68 about a week ago. Unplugged all the cables and the HDD, plugged it all back in, and everything has been functioning fine since then. You did try that before purchasing a neww HDD, correct?
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brotherreese
Yes. I tried it repediately (over and over again), which is how I knew it was the HDD.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brotherreese
Bump
foxystarwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 foxystarwar
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

I had an E68 about a week ago. Unplugged all the cables and the HDD, plugged it all back in, and everything has been functioning fine since then. You did try that before purchasing a neww HDD, correct?unmach

just had the same problem tonight, my friend was playing a game and then error, did this and it works, i got my stuff back, :D thanks