Elite Dangerous release date set.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

It's October 6th, so if you're interested in getting the preview price, try the game soon!

Source

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Nice one, will this game be at retail at all or is this digital only?

I have downloaded the preview trial version but have yet to try it, so I guess I better get on it soon!

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

Nice one, will this game be at retail at all or is this digital only?

I have downloaded the preview trial version but have yet to try it, so I guess I better get on it soon!

I didn't find anything concrete, but there isn't any mention of a disc release in any E:D article I checked. It makes sense, considering the PC version is digital only. (I think)

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

i want to know the release date of Horizons for X1. Frontier just keeps saying no info. I guess they are concentrating on getting the PC version out.

I'm an E:D fan and I own both the pc and console versions. The game really needs a few major UI fixes though.
I understand they take pride in the learning curve of the game, but it annoys the crap out of me to have use external sites to actually play the game efficiently.

Its already grindy enough as is. Another issue I have with the game is the course plotting and the system map. Its set in the future where faster than light travel is available, but they dont have GPS like technology to remember the course you have travelled or the ability to put notes on the map for systems? Its stupid frustrating having to write down names of systems since there millions of them and they have really similar long drawn out names with one letter or number different but could be on the other side of the galaxy. Another issue is the Galnet news should actually provide hyperlinks to the system map so you can read a story, click the link and see where that system is. And the powerplay system is just poorly designed. There should also be some sort of commodities market like like an intergalactic E*Trade in the game. Instead of just hauling stuff from point A to B let us influence the pricing by doing it. I think it was just lazy development on their part.

The game would be so much more enjoyable if they added just these simple things.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Cool I already bought it through early access, loving the game so far. I agree the controls definitely take some getting used to, feels very much like a sim.