Elder Scrolls Wish LIst for the next enstallment.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

A huge fan of ESIV, and Shivering Isle, basically played the game religously for a while, and even sold the game and bought it again on a few occasions. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the next installment, ESV. Was wondering what you all think should be included/excluted in the next installment, any info on the ES universe itself, and setting and plot of the next game.

Personally i think the next game should take place on a new contenant, where each territory(Cyrodiil, Elsweyr., Skyrim..) is battling for control and supremacy. This would take place in the near future of the last enstallment. I know there are 3 other continents on the planet which ES takes place on, is a move to one of those to soon? or would that go agianst ES's lore. I know all the provinces are under one banner, centered at the Imperial but would this concept be possible.

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

A huge fan of ESIV, and Shivering Isle, basically played the game religously for a while, and even sold the game and bought it again on a few occasions. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the next installment, ESV. Was wondering what you all think should be included/excluted in the next installment, any info on the ES universe itself, and setting and plot of the next game.

Personally i think the next game should take place on a new contenant, where each territory(Cyrodiil, Elsweyr., Skyrim..) is battling for control and supremacy. This would take place in the near future of the last enstallment. I know there are 3 other continents on the planet which ES takes place on, is a move to one of those to soon? or would that go agianst ES's lore. I know all the provinces are under one banner, centered at the Imperial but would this concept be possible.

Un4givingAsault
a better, more realistic combat system. oblivion's combat looks laughable
wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 wetsandman
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
i really liked the game but for the next one i really hope they use a better engine. the one they used was good but we have seen in again in fallout 3.
Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts
I would like Character Voices I know that's not really Elder Scrolls style but I believe its about time for your created character to be able to talk, also I would like a story where you are more relevant to the story, I mean finding the last member of a royal bloodline isn't really relevant but maybe if you were that member it would be better
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
Cut down on the scaling. You should not be able to kill Mannimarco at level 5.
Fioth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Fioth
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts

If you are really a fan of the Elder Scrolls series you should probably know that OblIVion is the worst game in the series.Imho there are three VERY important thing that need to be done in order to make a game of Morrowind's stature and quality again:

1.NO scale leveling.It's just plain WRONG.

2.No oversimplistic mechanics and scripted situations just to make the game playable by the average 12 years old.The thing that made Morrowind so great is that it had a complex, mature and realistic world.It had teleportation (boats, riders etc.), it had warring families striving to get ahead of their rivals and dungeons with unique findings.

3.No random loot in the dungeons.There is no reason a sane person would go through a three-areas-monster infested cave just to get a loaf o bread!

They should really follow the Fallout 3 recipe - actual dilogues with more choices than "Yes" and "No" would be a good addition as well.

Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
they have to make it more difficult...limit fast travel....and the journal indicators which tell you exactly where to go for the quest....Morrowind was fun because i wasnt 100% sure i was going the right way. also they have to make more types of armors and weapons ...and customizing armor etc would be a neat way to go.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Next game: - No level scaling. - Better voice acting and more of it - Lengthier main quest - Better story line - Less generic gameplay world - A reason to explore - No fast travel - No journal indicators Make the series fun again.
Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
oh also ONLINE PLAY...have some way of making it online...be it co-op or versus in an arena...to have another player would be fun
MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaxXxKRISHxX
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
i want to be able to have fights while riding a horse :P
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
i want to be able to have fights while riding a horse :PMaxXxKRISHxX
That was actually supposed to be in TES: IV but the developers ended up scrapping it.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
unique spells, everything was so generic it was annoying after playing D2 for so many years
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
  • No more'The world levels with you'
  • More spells
  • No more diffuculty slider.Just make the game harder as progress
  • Better voices
  • More weapons
  • Better combat
  • Better leveling system
  • More USEFULL skills
  • Better DLC[which should be free but probably will be expensive as heck]
dragoon133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dragoon133
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts

If you are really a fan of the Elder Scrolls series you should probably know that OblIVion is the worst game in the series.Imho there are three VERY important thing that need to be done in order to make a game of Morrowind's stature and quality again:

2.No oversimplistic mechanics and scripted situations just to make the game playable by the average 12 years old.The thing that made Morrowind so great is that it had a complex, mature and realistic world.It had teleportation (boats, riders etc.), it had warring families striving to get ahead of their rivals and dungeons with unique findings.

3.No random loot in the dungeons.There is no reason a sane person would go through a three-areas-monster infested cave just to get a loaf o bread!

They should really follow the Fallout 3 recipe - actual dilogues with more choices than "Yes" and "No" would be a good addition as well.

Fioth

Just want to point out that MW did in fact have levelling. It was just done properly, hence the reason a lot of people think it didn't have any (ie. make it transparent). Also your mention of 'teleportation', Daggerfall used the same fast travel system as Oblivion. I hate the system personally, but MW is actually the exception.

Having said that I LOATHE Oblivion because of what it did to the series. MW is in fact my favourite game, ever. I was completely and utterly immersed in the game world for weeks (months actually). No other game comes close for immersion. So quite simply, Beth need to grow a pair and stop catering to the lowest common denominator. It's too late for that though I'm sure, seeing as how much money OB made. But the reality is that the game really was a sellout.

So for the next one, well obviously they should follow on in the series; that is, move on to the next nation. Personally I'd like to see either Black Marsh or Valenwood (perhaps with a section of Elsweyr as a expansion or something). And bring back the depth, please please PLEASE Bethesda. Something deeper than a urine stain on a blanket would be fantastic. I would hope for a much more MW style game (though with combat that actually, you know, seems at least something like combat - no ES game has done that yet, though OB was a big step up over MW) with the emphasis moved back to exploring and discovering the place yourself. ES games aren't meant to hold your hand. At all.

tl;dr - MW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> death >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OB

BurnsOfRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BurnsOfRage
Member since 2008 • 563 Posts

Fioth
they have to make it more difficult...limit fast travel....and the journal indicators which tell you exactly where to go for the quest....Morrowind was fun because i wasnt 100% sure i was going the right way. also they have to make more types of armors and weapons ...and customizing armor etc would be a neat way to go.Mwright68
I second all of those... what was wrong with mark and recall and the intervention spells? It made sense to have magic teleport you and when you couldnt do it you had to pay the local transport to take you to specified places, which were cleverly only on their specific transport route. This meant that there were whole towns that you wouldnt find till much later in the game purely because they werent on any trade route of any kind. Not sure about changing the conversation mechanics.. I was actually pretty happy with the mechanics in morrowind.. maybe if they went back to that but made the responses a bit more personal than they managed in ES3.
I would like Character Voices I know that's not really Elder Scrolls style but I believe its about time for your created character to be able to talk, also I would like a story where you are more relevant to the story, I mean finding the last member of a royal bloodline isn't really relevant but maybe if you were that member it would be betterStar-Killer
No really no... its a role playing game.. you are supposed to take on the role of your character.. Im scottish.. if my character started to speak in an american/english accent( or indeed just a voice other than my own) then it would spoil the illusion. oh and seriously.. unless they were making it as an MMORPG no online play.
WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
A bigger world with more quests and variety(getting married etc.) and a better npc dialogue(More Dialogue choices). It would also be great if there will be new skills, a new combat system, like learning new fighting styles by training for real. More guilds and cities.
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

I definitely think the next game should be more like Morrowind, MW was a huge step forward for the ES series, there was so much stuff in it that wasnt just copies of the last thing you did. And you can tell the ES team is learning and paying attention to us because of how well they did with Fallout 3, that game was just about perfect!

If they could make a game like Morrowind but with better combat then that would be awesome! And I second the idea of it taking place on a new continent, it would allow them to be really creative with their environments. And they REALLY need to work on their magic effects! They pretty much all look like little moving colored clouds, boring!

BurnsOfRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BurnsOfRage
Raok I agree that it should be more like ES3 but your wrong when you say that it would be better if it was more like fallout 3.. Fallout 3 was what ES4 should have been like.. but thats only because ES4 and Fallout 3 are designed for (and I hate this phrase being an avid console fan) dumbed down console play... Fallout 3 solved all the problems that ES4 had with this style of play.. but it really really doesnt have the depth available in ES3.. the Xbox ES3 conversion was almost Identical to the PC version and it benefited from it. And what do you want from the combat? Its an RPG.. do you want to jump around like devil may cry or do you want it to be semi realistic? Oblivions combat was better than es3 but only because it had a more solid feel.. fallout 3's combat suits fast paced modern combat better...ES3 however had far more in the way of skills and weapon types.. RPGs are about depth.. and going by bethesdas past offering Fallout3 and ES4 fall behind the rest.
TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
Picard's voice more often. Other than that, I'd like more unique looking dungeons and cities that are more plausible than four massive buildings with various rooms containing the shops. Like, Assassin's Creed cities would be awesome.
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Un4givingAsault

I would like Character Voices I know that's not really Elder Scrolls style but I believe its about time for your created character to be able to talk, also I would like a story where you are more relevant to the story, I mean finding the last member of a royal bloodline isn't really relevant but maybe if you were that member it would be betterStar-Killer

Agreed, the ES vioce actors have an odd distictive vioces that ended up carrying over to Fallout 3. And in ESIV and even shivering Isle you are essentially just an errand boy.

Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts
[QUOTE="BurnsOfRage"]Raok I agree that it should be more like ES3 but your wrong when you say that it would be better if it was more like fallout 3.. Fallout 3 was what ES4 should have been like.. but thats only because ES4 and Fallout 3 are designed for (and I hate this phrase being an avid console fan) dumbed down console play... Fallout 3 solved all the problems that ES4 had with this style of play.. but it really really doesnt have the depth available in ES3.. the Xbox ES3 conversion was almost Identical to the PC version and it benefited from it. And what do you want from the combat? Its an RPG.. do you want to jump around like devil may cry or do you want it to be semi realistic? Oblivions combat was better than es3 but only because it had a more solid feel.. fallout 3's combat suits fast paced modern combat better...ES3 however had far more in the way of skills and weapon types.. RPGs are about depth.. and going by bethesdas past offering Fallout3 and ES4 fall behind the rest.

Woah woah, i didnt say i wanted it to be like Fallout 3, Im just saying that you can tell Bethesda is listening to their fans because of what they did in Fallout 3. Besides, why would I want to play Fallout 3 with swords As for combat, its more the animations that get me, Bethesda has always had some problems with their ES animations being to stiff, like in Oblivion when you slash, your character doesnt seem to be putting any effort into it, he doesnt put his whole body into the swing like he should, mostly just his arms.
BurnsOfRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BurnsOfRage
Sorry.. just re-read my post.. sounds more aggressive than I meant.. Really was just trying to investigate what you were meaning by saying fallout3 was nearly perfect and the combat in ES games are iffy.. I think they should stick to tamriel though there are plenty of other countries in it to explore.. And I really really take your point about magic effects, they are extremely poor.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#23 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
i want to be able to have fights while riding a horse :PMaxXxKRISHxX
that would be pretty neat. and co-op would be nice :D
12HAMILT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 12HAMILT
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
personally i loved the fact that in morrowind u could become a vampire and a werewolf it had to be one of my fav parts just going around hunting and stalking my prey
BurnsOfRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BurnsOfRage
You can do the whole vampire thing in ES4 though sadly no werewolf or even werehog(ES2)
SkaterOrHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 SkaterOrHater
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

more hos/dating hos/***** hoes =) like fable 2 in that one town with all the hoes i was married to like every girl and i had lots of gold.... that would make the game more enjoyable than the strip club in gta 4 =P jk but that would make the game more enjoyable

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

Variety

I love oblivion but i cant help but think it lacks variety.

Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Un4givingAsault

I thought they should have some sort of big game hunting or fishing, there were not nearly enough wild animals in the game. Horse combat would be nice, horses should also go faster. With weapons there should be stalves, lances, haliburtons, and maybe crossbows? I hope spells are more instence, like fables spells we're they encompase everything.

With the leveling system, i agree that the leveling system must be changed, certian quest should be extremely hard to do at certian levels and some enemy's you should be impossible to beat unless equipt properly.

Armor, in oblivion at certian points types of armor become the "norm" and loose all bad assness because every other enemy has them. For instance, the most common armor should be steal, and there will be varouis types armor and how common they are found should go down with how good it is.

Ie. (prices arbitraury)
Leather armor, extremely common, price:5
Chainmail, fairly common, price:10
Iron armor, relativly common common, price;50
Steel armor, common, price;150
Dwarvin, somewhat common, price;350
ebony; relitivly rare, price;700
daedric; extremly rare. price:1500

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518
deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
updated engine and a diablo 2 style online play.Large Dungeons that you can "party" with a buncha other people over xboxlive and complete. Theres still a single player and thatll get you through half the game but from there the other half would be online focused. DLC would take the form of new dungeons and storylines linking these dungeons.
dendrosteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dendrosteve
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
  • No more'The world levels with you'
  • More spells
  • No more diffuculty slider.Just make the game harder as progress
  • Better voices
  • More weapons
  • Better combat
  • Better leveling system
  • More USEFULL skills
  • Better DLC[which should be free but probably will be expensive as heck]

K1LLR3175

I complete agree. As far as weopons go, something like the randomly generated loot of Diablo would be great. I can't understand why nobody else does this.

BurnsOfRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BurnsOfRage
updated engine and a diablo 2 style online play.Large Dungeons that you can "party" with a buncha other people over xboxlive and complete. Theres still a single player and thatll get you through half the game but from there the other half would be online focused. DLC would take the form of new dungeons and storylines linking these dungeons.aZnBoArDeR7688
I just dont get why people want it to be multiplayer... a game as large as this needs to be single player mainly so that development focus can be on story and quests. If you want a dungeon raiding game get diablo 3.. the elder scrolls games are not supposed to be online.. they are supposed to be immersive.. you cant do that with the company of others.. I dont like people talking when Im watching a classic film.. why do I want them talking while Im playing a classic game.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
I would like Leveling like Fallout 3 (more direct), and no more tasks like having to close Oblivion gates. So boring and frustrating since everything is so ugly and you get lost easily. But otherwise just improve the combat system, and give a fresh new setting, maybe let you have a party of followers.
Ammo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ammo87
Member since 2005 • 648 Posts
Has the game been officially announced?
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
Has the game been officially announced?Ammo87
I don't think so
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518
deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f4c62f8c7518
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
its jus an evolution of a game eventually itll hit the multiplayer issue and id rather have a good one then like a half assed pvp trading one. I think online pve is a good way to go also it opens areas for them to make money
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
better graphics and a great story Oblivion has a great story
Jaywalker9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jaywalker9876
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts
I agree that ESV should have no online multiplayer I personally hate WoW and will not stand anyone who plays it. I also agree that the next installment in the series shoud be more like Morrowind than Oblivion, Morrowind had so much more things to do; I have fond memories of the mud-crab merchant and using a collection of generic books as a bridge across magma.
thebeardof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 thebeardof
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts
i want everything to have health, meaning every item is breakable but also usable. you should be able to use anything as a weapon, but things that are not ment to be weapons break almost after one hit. one thing that really pissed me off was that bars in the middle of the night were completely empty, that in my opinion is a sad bar. they should get packed and you should be able to start brawls in them. and as long as you use just fists or non-weapon weapons the guards dont care. so that at the end of the night the place is just wrecked and your like banned from there until you pay damages. and then there is the obvious less hand holding things that people have already mentioned many times. and more weapons and armour for sure. more skills. but a more relaxed society is what im looking for, and more packed too a total of like 50 people in the capital is also very sad i want thousands.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
What I always wanted was more variety of clothing/armor. they don't have to look completely different from each other, but make it like Diablo 2. They ALMOST did it, but not enough. They made enchanted armor randomly placed, but none of it was worth keeping. If the made class specific armor or sets of armor, where you collect all the pieces and it becomes more powerful. It doesn't have to look different, maybe change the color, or a symbol on it somewhere. Oh and NO MORE LEVELED WORLDS! I really wanted to feel like, "Oh there's a dungeon with some minotaurs and demons, Im level 2... I'm getting outta here!" Its not fun when you can beat the hardest enemies at level 1.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#40 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

The return of the Talking Mud Crab.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
I am 100% confident that Bethesda will make an incredible game that i will play for copious amounts of time. They're idea's are definately better than anything that i could come up with.