Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Glitch from Hell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbgknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbgknight
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
After completing the main quest of Oblivion, I downloaded all the extended mods from marketplace (Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, etc). All of a sudden, I can't cast spells. There is no curse, intelligence is normal, no active effects, and I've prayed at Chapel - still can't cast even the most basic of spells. This is killing me! I saw a similar issue posted on a forum for the PC and the fix was to "open up the console, click yourself, and type "setav silence 0". I'm a basic XBOX 360 user and this doesn't really help me. After spending a lot of money on these downloads, there is no way I can continue with this game unless I have the ability to use my magic. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of how I could "silence" myself to see if that retriggers the clearing of the silence, but can't find a simple way to do it. Also tried turning the controler on/off and that didn't work. HELP!
Darth_Starwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Darth_Starwind
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

The only thing I can think of is to erase and redownload all the DLC content. I'm pretty sure you won't have to pay again. Failing that, contact Microsoft.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

The only thing I can think of is to erase and redownload all the DLC content. I'm pretty sure you won't have to pay again. Failing that, contact Microsoft.

Darth_Starwind

This. Try that, you've paid once so you won't have to pay for it a second time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Starwind"]

Murj

He may not be PAYING for it with money but he sure is going to with his precious life time :P

Darth_Starwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darth_Starwind
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

[QUOTE="Murj"]

[QUOTE="Darth_Starwind"]

Almighty-mints

He may not be PAYING for it with money but he sure is going to with his precious life time :P

Very True