GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Thought i'd make a list for the things I want improved in ES6 after re playing Skyrim again.

NPC's were dull and rarely had anything worthwhile to say.

Guild missions offered no rewards, in Oblivion, complete a guild mission a certain way and be rewarded, complete a guild and get an epic reward, same at the end of the storyline, Skyrim had no reward.

Same with exploration, no hidden weapons/armour to find, no special items, the only thing I remember was the Ebony Armour, which wasn't even exploration, it was a daedra quest!!

Story sucked, most side/guild missions sucked compared to Oblivion.

Skyrim did improve graphics, combat, leveling system etc.. what are your opinions? was skyrim to casual? thanks people.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

On the topic of its technical issues, Just keep it away from Bethesda and it might actually have a shot !

Anyway, lets get down to specifics: 90% of Skyrim isn't fun or particularly gamey. The massive enviroment the NPCs and creatures aren't there to provide some sort of challenge or entertainment, its just there for the sake of making the game seem more alive, more like an ecosystem, more authentic. So even if they do step up these things in the Sequel, its not gona make it a fun game, ofcourse if you find value in detailed simulated worlds then sure, might aswell give NPCs the ability to procedurally generate sweat, whatever that helps with.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't particularly love huge open world games for this very reason. All I do is the main missions and barely explore past that, because half the time there's no reason to do so. NPC's repeat the same things over and over again with no real meaning, side missions are dull and finding every location is pointless imo.

I love semi-open world games the best. Anyways for the next Elder Scrolls game I want NPC's to have more meaning, more speech options and activities you can do with them around the vast open world. If dragons are to appear within the game again, being able to jump on their back and attack them from above would be awesome.

Main missions are not that better either, they should add more variety to them and unique quests you partake in around the world. Even little things like going to a shop maybe, to pick up some goods for a task (loved in oblivion how you had to go to that book store and try get the guy to sell you the book), attending festivals etc. Little things that you can appreciate, without it always being "kill kill kill".

Other than that, the combat system is horrible in my opinion, I can't stand it even with all the so called "improvements" they made. They need to make the combat system more like Dragons Dogma, now that's how boss fights should be fought. Last but not least make side-missions have more meaning that actually give you a reward worthy enough to continue doing them.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

Thought i'd make a list for the things I want improved in ES6 after re playing Skyrim again.

Guild missions offered no rewards, in Oblivion, complete a guild mission a certain way and be rewarded, complete a guild and get an epic reward, same at the end of the storyline, Skyrim had no reward.

Same with exploration, no hidden weapons/armour to find, no special items, the only thing I remember was the Ebony Armour, which wasn't even exploration, it was a daedra quest!!

Skyrim did improve graphics, combat, leveling system etc.. what are your opinions? was skyrim to casual? thanks people.

1. Some NPCs were interested while some were dull. The variety of accents and personalities made things interesting.
  2. Guild missions in Skyrim did offer rewards. For example, the Mages Guild storyline grants great rewards upon completion.
  3. You need to search more. There is powerful weaponry and apparel to be gained.
  4. My opinion is that they were fun.

Overall, The Elder Scrolls V: is a good game with plenty to offer and even more if you get the PC version and interact with the mod community.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1 said:

1. Some NPCs were interested while some were dull. The variety of accents and personalities made things interesting.
  2. Guild missions in Skyrim did offer rewards. For example, the Mages Guild storyline grants great rewards upon completion.
  3. You need to search more. There is powerful weaponry and apparel to be gained.
  4. My opinion is that they were fun.

Overall, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a good game with plenty to offer and even more if you get the PC version and interact with the mod community. I would like an improvement of the animations (especially in battle). Skyrim does a good job of providing a variety of animations, but I would like more of realistic and fantastical animations.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

Looking at all the stuff people want to change.... Well it just isn't gona happen, there are other games that already have that stuff, better NPC, Better Gameplay, Better level design. TES will always be behind on that stuff because they are just too ambitious, they wana do everything.

Oh and on the topic of Not doing something because theres no reward, maranade on this just alil: Why would you need a reward for accomplishing a certain task ? Is because it feels work... like a chore ? Shouldn't doing something be so good and so entertaining that you wouldn't need "bait" to get you to do it ?

In TES's case and Fallout and basically any RPG , gameplay isn't a factor in the Quality of its role playing capabilities, so you theres always going to be some type of Carrot that you need to get you to do boring crap, devs prefer it because its easy.

So in essence..... Rewards Suck !

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:
Oh and on the topic of Not doing something because theres no reward, maranade on this just alil: Why would you need a reward for accomplishing a certain task ? Is because it feels work... like a chore ? Shouldn't doing something be so good and so entertaining that you wouldn't need "bait" to get you to do it ?

Well put.

This happens because of the rewards. You get a bunch of cool stuff for completing side missions, and the game becomes too easy and it DOES feel like work because there is no challenge.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

What i'm trying to say is, you shoiuld be rewarded in an rpg, if not by missions then by finding hidden equipment in the world, thats what an rpg with a dull story and ok gameplay should be about!

Rewards suck, so does that mean every time you get a new full set of armour, it sucks? takes away the challange? you do realise you can just turn the difficulty up peoples!! ;)

Oh btw, name one peice of armour or a new weapon you can find in the world that you couldn't get by using the grindstone and enchanting it? BranKetra? apart from what you get in daedra missions.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@ GTA_MGS_1

Heres the thing about Difficulty in Video Games, especially in RPGs, all they do is increase the enemies stats and lower yours. Doesn't make the game harder, just makes it longer in between intervals. Only lazy developers use "Artificial Difficulty" like this.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Drop-in, Drop-Out Multiplayer.

willy8257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 willy8257
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

A type of multiplayer like in the Borderlands series would be really nice, but i doubt that would ever be put in a typical Elder Scrolls game, just for the fact that Elder Scrolls games make the player a unique badass character (dragonborn) and it would be weird to have a group of "dragonborns" running around killing everything in sight.

What I would like to see in ES6:

1. unique experiences depending on race (a Kajhit would be treated like a Kajhit) maybe even exclusive quests for certain races.
  2. more depth to NPCs. you should be able to form relationships with NPCs based on how you treat them.
  3. the ability to become a merchant/open up a store. Hire workers, dump all your loot from adventures into your store and stop by periodically to collect your profit. It would also be cool to specialize in a certain trade, so if you like to craft weapons and armor you could sell your crafted gear for more gold
  4. better follower system, please make them faster......please
bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Nice thread!

I want better freaking characters and a more interesting main story. More memorable events and side quests as well. The guilds to be more intriguing and more challenging to moving up and actually offer real rewards making all that effort worthwhile. More shortcut binds, preferably the whole D-pad, 8 possibilites on the the Xbox controller. Fewer bugs of course, more of a challenge on the higher difficulties. I'd like a respec system as well. A shit ton of affordable DLC and achievements with drop in and out multiplayer.

werewillf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 werewillf
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

1. less bugs (I can't count how many times I had to reload a previous save because a bug made a quest impossible to complete)

2. shorter load times. (The graphics were pretty and all but oh my god the load times)

3. More precise combat

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

4. Boob physics.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Just make the combat more varied and interesting. I cant finish a single one of these games besides Morrowind because the combat is just dull.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts
@craigalan23 said:

Just make the combat more varied and interesting. I cant finish a single one of these games besides Morrowind because the combat is just dull.

I agree. Combat gets dull after awhile.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Short and less frequent loading times.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Better character creator.

Everything needs to weigh a lot less.

Smarter and more capable companions.

Complete immunity to (what I call) instant kill attacks.

FIX ALL THE DAMN GLITCHES!!!!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Lets be honest.... Bethesda can do whatever they want and yall would buy it anyway.....

sooty1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By sooty1987
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

better interactions with NPCs! especially the ones you are married too. even in fable you could do it with your partner!

also way, way more quests.

Morrowwind had so much stuff to do... and way more places to explore, i wish i still had it :/

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants said:

4. Boob physics.

yes please.