Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind & Panzer Dragoon Orta graphics comparisons

#1 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10088 posts) -

Not too shabby, I wanted to try this RPG just to see how it was at the time, and the cult classic on-rails shooter Panzer Dragoon Orta , just some random Youtube videos showing how they look now on the Xbox One X.

Pretty cool how the image is cleaned up. Morrowind still shows its age, but Panzer looks quite nice to me. Definitely easier on the eyes than the OG versions

#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (2930 posts) -

Marrowind looks a different game from the footage at inside xbox.

#3 Posted by lamprey263 (36047 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon Orta looks excellent. Been playing a good bit of it since it released. Playing on an X1X in 4K and I must say I'm pretty impressed. Also, it doesn't have some of the Xbox 360 BC problems like choppy cutscenes. Just a bit compressed pre-rendered video, seriously nothing worse than what we get for games these days at times. But, the real-time rendered cutscenes look excellent. Wish there were more of them. Also, it has widescreen support, something that the Xbox 360 BC offered. Shame Morrowind doesn't appear to offer widescreen support.

I'm curious about something in Morrowind though. I remember this back on the original Xbox when playing it. That as the game goes on, and the more bodies litter the world, with inventory, the more that accumulate the slower the game becomes. At some point I realized I could keep performance up by looting dead bodies and placing loot in static containers to get rid of the bodies, keeping game running smooth. It worked. I remember this became an issue later in the PS3 version of Skyrim, that the game's save file got to big because of issue like this and the movable items being displaced caused the save file to get too large to the point the game ran slow. Anyhow, I wonder if the issue will eventually happen on the XB1 version of Morrowind, or if the X1X can handle it a lot better.

#4 Posted by I_P_Daily (11434 posts) -

While those games look good, I really need Rallisport 1 & 2.

#5 Posted by Ovirew (8863 posts) -

Would definitely be interested in trying Morrowind. Panzer Dragoon, maybe... But probably not since I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Crimson Dragon lol.

#6 Posted by Abdulelah12300 (6 posts) -

Hi

#7 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10088 posts) -

@lamprey263: Good to know, thanks for your feedback, I bought Panzer but haven't had a chance to play it yet, looking forward to it

Avatar image for SexPantherPanda
#8 Posted by SexPantherPanda (110 posts) -

The Xbox one x is no joke these BC title upgrades are amazing

#9 Posted by altron67 (49 posts) -

In my personal opinion the originals still look beautiful from an artistic standpoint but yes the updated Xbox one versions are superior and look amazing. Even though I don't get much use out of my Xbox one s for modern games it is at least nice to have the option to play some of the best games in HD for free (as long as you own them originally) on my dusty lonely Xbox one s.