E3 Microsoft Press Conference Just Unbleivable!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for masterchief2371
masterchief2371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 masterchief2371
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts
Wow what can I say that Microsoft Press Conference coverage already over & its unbleivable awosome & the new halo 3 single player campaign cant beleive its real, cant wait to download Blue Dragon demo already comes out on xbox live gonna download it tonight, what do you think of this years microsoft press conference.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Are you serious? That was by far one of the worst press conferences in recent memory IMO.
joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 joslop500
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
Yeah it was good but i wanted to see some new games,:( O well maybe next year
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
no the press confrnece was kind of weak IMO. the only thing got me going was the RE5 trailer but july 25th WTF?
rehino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 rehino
Member since 2004 • 240 Posts
wow..i though it was disappointing. They really didn't show alot of new games and most the games shown are already known and people have seen the trailers. Their conference last year was much much better. Although the resident evil shocked me and i can finally get gears of war.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
i was happy about gears of ar being on pc because i will get to play it again, but other than that i was dissappointed in what they had to show. the live action halo 3 thing had me laughing though in a good way whether it was supposed to or not. live action ftw!
zeroproyect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeroproyect
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
i think it was ok.. the good things were assasins creed demo and halo 3 single player trailers..no more.. and whats with the halo 3 special edittion xbox? looks horrible.. i hope the next conferences are better
xonix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xonix6
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts
I thought it was good not great but everyone can have there opinion and those who say it was the worsed from memory are being a bit naieve, it was good just not great but then again also every year everyone seems to think every press confenrence is ****
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Like some have said it was ok, I think this E3 can't compare to last year's because we now know what to expect from games and know a lot of the titles that are coming out. Last year it was all new to us. Assasin;s Creed was awesome though, and I liked all of the Halo stuff they showed. I was surprised there was NOTHING on Bioshock and I wanted some gameplay from Mass Effect or GTA4. It was dissapointing that most of the trailers shown I had already seen too.
totallyschizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 totallyschizo
Member since 2005 • 818 Posts
it was good but i too kept thinking they would go "o and ...by the way...WE RULE YOUR WORLD!!!" and moore would tear his clothes of and be covered in sony exclusive tattoos and they would show footage and announce a ton of new games...but they didnt

they still showed off a lot of cool stuff, was bad in the least, just...not many surprises [also pretty much everyone besides moore who got on stage to talk sucks]
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

Well the press conference was amazing if you live in Europe and you wantedto download movies....... too bad i live in America and could care less about downloading movies. Almost everything they talked about had already been talked about weeks and even months before. I was expecting a price drop, but press conferences arn't the best time to announce it so i can understand that. Hell the Halo 3 Xbox 360 was announced how long ago? 2 Months perhaps?

Now i did like that they pressed one matter. The games (all in real-time also which was very nice)..... The fact is that this year for Xbox 360 could be one of the or even the best holiday line-ups for video games to date. It was nice that they understood that, but come on...... the biggest game announcemenet was RE5. Really.... RE5 while i don't doubt will be a great game i truly don't think should be the largest announcement in a press conference. How about RE5.... and perhaps some brand new exclusives. One game being the only real large announcement for America (Europe had two) made this press conference suck...... bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
I was hoping for new games! Where's next year's catalogue...?
Mercenary343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mercenary343
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
It really could of used more highly anticipated games such as Halo Wars, Banjo Threeie, Ninja Gaiden 2, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Fable 2, Alan Wake, etc...I'm hoping they are just saving it for later. 
KyanMehwulfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KyanMehwulfe
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
Twilight zone confirmed.
clovallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clovallo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I'm guessing that they concentrated on this year's stuff because the 360 has really been losing ground to the Wii of late, and they're more concerned about having a big holiday this year as opposed to what's going to hit in '08. The PS3 price drop has also got to be of some concern if they're not intending on matching it.
killagorilla25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killagorilla25
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts
Im not saying it was the worst Press conference but it could've been better.......waaaaaaayyyyyyyy bettter
Airsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Airsoul
Member since 2005 • 3155 Posts

Video marketplace avaible for Canadians... finally!

But im still angry at MS for making us Canadians and europeans waitthis long to finllay announced,,,it.

LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts

Microsoft's Press Conference held few surprises of any real excitement, but what it did have was a case as why the Xbox 360 and to a lesser extent the PC, will offer the most well rounded library of games this holiday season. Only one game, Resident Evil 5, will not come out this year. Microsoft's line-up is extremely impressive. One almost has to wonder if there are not too many games this holiday season, around 20 must have titles are coming out for the Xbox 360. Who has time to play all of those?

Microsoft is clearly interested in copying some of the Wii's success. With the announcement of a family-oriented board game, four of these new controllers will come packed in with the game for the price of any other 360 title. The controller, which looks like a remote,features a giant red button at the top, with the standard 360 controller butttons vertically aligned underneath. I may have missed it, but no mention was made whether this controller was a motion sensing or not. By having this controller packed in with software and only havving one game at present that supports these controllers, all Microsoft has done is tell the world that Nintendo's formula works better. If they were serious about competing with the Wii, the games and controllers would be packed in with all 360's from here on, and all games coming out this fall would be required to support it. This is too little, too late.

Does Microsoft need to mirror the Wii's success? Obviously, Microsoft is doing extremely well this generation and I believe that success will continue to grow. There was alot of support shown from Japanese publishers with exclusive games. While this helps them compete with the PS3, it will also help them to sell more systems in Japan. There are now alot of compelling reasons for Japanese gamers to invest in a 360. Especially if there's a price advantage...

And that was disappointing. No price drop for any model of the 360 was announced at E3. A new Halo 3 themed Xbox 360 will be launched in time with Halo 3. Microsoft seems to think that gamer's hunger for Halo 3 will drive 360 sales. This may well be true to a point, but I can't help thinking with gamers reaction to the Halo 3 beta that was out a while ago, whether the Halo series is past it's prime. A price drop is needed for the 360 if Microsoft really wants to mop the floor with the PS3.

Although nothing unexpected was shown, there is more and more support for the Games for Windows platform Microsoft has created with Vista. Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 will be huge games, both demos were jawdroppingly impressive. It's nice to see more and more games with a console flavour coming to the PC, but it makes me wonder....between the PC and the Xbox 360 there were only two or three exclusive games going either way. Microsoft has, in a sense, started competeing with itself. If you have a PC capable of running all of these games, there is no compelling reason to pick up a 360. If you have a 360, there is no compelling reason to upgrade your PC. Perhaps this isn't as big a deal as I think it is, but the experience on the PC and the 360n are becoming so close, one has to be concerned.

Microsoft's and Xbox Live offerings seem to have a little more variety, and a few console games will add to the flavour of Xbox Live Arcade. Problem is, many of the games camee out of compilations last generation. There are enough original titles to hold interest in Xbox Live over the next few months. Perhaps Xbox Live Arcade has been downplayed a bit in order not to overshadow the console's disc releases for the fall. This would make sense.

It was confirmed that all footage from the previously released GTA IV trailers were Xbox 360 footage, which really satiates alot of concern of how the game will run on the 360. Resident Evil 5 was a nice surprise and Call of Duty 4 was...unbelievable. Let me make this clear: I have had no interest in the Call of Duty franchise up to this point, but I really, really want to play this game. It is for the first time, what I consider, what this generation can do that the previous couldn't. And I'm not just talking about graphics. Be sure to check out all you can on this game.

Overall, Microsoft's E3 press conference gave me the impression that Microsoft is doing everything it can to fight the good fight, and making sound decisions that makes the 360 a safe investment, if not the best investment for this generation. Yet the underwhelming new controller and time spent demoing some unspectacular games like the new Viva Pinata Party Game and Madden 08, give the impression that Microsoft isn't confident about what direction they want to take this platform. They seem to be doing absolutely everything...but with no real focus. If I was a shareholder I would be very concerned. As a person who plays games I am very impressed with Microsoft's game line up for the fall, I doubt Sony can match it and I know Nintendo won't. I'd say that their press conference this year was a success, and the chinks in Microsoft's armor don't warrant any immediate concern to gamers. If you own an Xbox 360, or even a Vista enabled PC, this going to be a great year.

Jushumpit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jushumpit
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts
It was very dissapointing to me as well, they really didn't keep my attention like last year did. I was expecting more games and also more demos & gameplay footage. Its a bummer, but at least there were a couple of games that caught my attention like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
I wanted some stuff on Bioshock and Mass Effect. Other than that it was good. I also would have liked Cliffy B. or someone from Epic talk about UT3 even though that is a multiplat.
dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
I would not go so far as to call it "one of the worst press conferences in recent memory", I thought it was pretty good, a tad disappointing, but I am glad to see some RE5 which was a surprise, and glad to have a concrete date for Mass Effect.
Rossdaboss777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Rossdaboss777
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
I loved it it was perfect! all I what to here is a price drop and i will asplode!
anobleloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anobleloss
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

lost odyssey really caught a brother off guard, i thought that game was gonna come out next year for some reason, now that just adds ANOTHER game i gotta get. this is just rediculous the amount of good/great games coming out this year..seriously. but yeah the press conf. was solid. i wasnt even thinking about pgr4 til i heard about the motorcycles, now i want that game really bad too lol terrible i tell ya.

ps3-ps3-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ps3-ps3-ps3
Member since 2006 • 289 Posts

what is this guy smoking that was a terrible conference..only good parts were resident evil 5 and assassians creed

i thought they wud do a price drop but guess not

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I was a little worried when I saw the title of this thread but after reading the responces I feel a lot better.

It was completly underwhelming. The only things that were revealed were things I either already knew about or don't care about. I was expecting something new, something exciting maybe something other then a halo themed 360. As always it's great to hear what M$ isworking onfrom M$ itself but I really don't want to hear how great they're doing, we already knew that. Why did they show the GTA4 trailer again?We've all seen it. Thanks anyway. I'm really excited to play Rock Band but a demonstation on a giant stage really made it come off as a little cheesey. Maybe it was just me.

G4ssubpar coveragedidn't help. Could the commercial breaks have been timed any worse? Feel free to cut out Mass Effect goodies as long as youshow a band playing a Halo tune. That's much more important.

The only thing that interests me at all are some of the arcade titles.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

I was a little worried when I saw the title of this thread but after reading the responces I feel a lot better.

It was completly underwhelming. The only things that were revealed were things I either already knew about or don't care about. I was expecting something new, something exciting maybe something other then a halo themed 360. As always it's great to hear what M$ isworking onfrom M$ itself but I really don't want to hear how great they're doing, we already knew that. Why did they show the GTA4 trailer again?We've all seen it. Thanks anyway. I'm really excited to play Rock Band but a demonstation on a giant stage really made it come off as a little cheesey. Maybe it was just me.

G4ssubpar coveragedidn't help. Could the commercial breaks have been timed any worse? Feel free to cut out Mass Effect goodies as long as youshow a band playing a Halo tune. That's much more important.

The only thing that interests me at all are some of the arcade titles.

donnygorgas
that is why i never watch G4. GameSpot FTW!!!!
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I feel Microsoft blew a huge opportunity with the premium time slot and keynote. No price drop, No Metal Gear, no new Games, and a horrid looking new console. The trailer for Halo was pretty sweet and I keep thinking with all the awesomeness to use in the Halo universe how did they come up with that design for the new console??
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
i actually thought it wasn't too bad and even if they didn't show the Halo 3 trailer it would have been great. Sick of hearing about Halo 3 everyday. RE5 trailer was great, i can wait till next year...take your time Capcom. Also Fatal Inertia = Wipeout ripoff....should have just made the next-gen Wipeout instead...sick game.
anobleloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anobleloss
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

ok this is my interpretation, of the microsoft press conf. all they were was say, LOOK AT ALL THE GREAT GAMES WE HAVE COMING OUT THIS YEAR!!!! thats it, not trying to announce a bunch of games coming out at unknown times. they wanted people to see just how insane their fall/winter lineup is this year. thats why he said every game we are showin is coming out THIS YEAR, now lets see the ps3/wii lineups for this year.

and lets compare the 3 consoles afterward...cause what can the ps3 really say that will catch us off guard...it will be more ff and mgs and what lair and heavenly sword. so i mean really, if you keep track of games of course u will know everything and probably not be surprised. i actually found out some new things, so it was very informative to me..