dragon age origins or mass effect 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

persianman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 persianman75
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
which one are you guys anticipating more or which one you think will be better?
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Mass Effect 2 easily.
DTStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DTStone
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

I'm anticipating both heavily, as Bioware's a great company. However, Mass Effect 2 wins because I loved Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins is a new property. Likely by the time Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 come out, I'll be jonesing for both of them equally. :)

Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

Mass Effect 2, though that doesn't mean that Dragon Age won't rock. Mass Effect 2 will just be amazing.

edflam311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 edflam311
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts
Mass Effect 2 for sure. probably my most anticipated game of the year. Dragon age will most likely be quite good, I will wait to see initial reactions first.
Commando015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Commando015
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

Well... hmm... this one is actually pretty tough for me. Mass Effect had to be one of my favorite games once you got past the horrible shooting in that game, the story was emaculate and well... the story was just emaculate. I don't think that anything else was really all that great, I mean other than the story it had nothing good going for it.

*Horrible Sub-Quests

*Graphics were a bit meh

*Horrible Shooting

I mean, now that I look back on it hard and long, it seems that this game with just a slightly weaker story would have been one of the worst games I've ever played. Lets just thank god that they actually got the story down.

Now for Dragon Age: Origins... from what I saw, it looked pretty awesome, from the looks of the game-play and the super epic dragon fight, then again the fight did take ten times longer than I thought it would. I seriously hope they were fighting it on the hardest setting and it was a boss or else you better be looking at playing this game for a long time just killing the monsters. This was however just a preview and so I don't really have anything else to fall back on.

All in all... if they can fix all three of those huge cons in Mass Effect it will probably be my favorite game. So, I'll just go with that, because they probably will.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Both, Bioware will make both games amazing. If my life depended on the choice though I'd go with Mass Effect 2
Temtamperu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Temtamperu
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Both. Bioware = Awesomeness

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Hoping i'll enjoy both. But i adored Mass Effect so #2 will probably win. I'll wait till i play both to decide though.

Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

Mass Effect 2, but only because Dragon Age would be atleast twice as fun with a mouse and keyboard and my comp is terrible (fyi I'm a huge baldur's gate fan)

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Mass Effect 2. I feel that it'll be more of what we've grown to unhealthfully love.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Both I refuse to choose between the two.

canman226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 canman226
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

Both...these are the games I die for.

Tht1Guy7780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tht1Guy7780
Member since 2009 • 1277 Posts

Mass Effect. If they fix all that was wrong with the first AND keep an intriguing story, I wont be surprised if it gets a 10.

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
I would get both. But if I had to choose, then I pick Mass Effect 2.
Widowmaker360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Widowmaker360
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

BOTH

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Mass Effect was horrible so Dragon Age. That game will be tender.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I liked most Bioware games and will definitely pick up Mass Effect 2. Dragon Age: Origins looks very similar to Oblivion and will be directly compared to it...so I'll wait and see on that one.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 craigalan23
I liked most Bioware games and will definitely pick up Mass Effect 2. Dragon Age: Origins looks very similar to Oblivion and will be directly compared to it...so I'll wait and see on that one. KC_Hokie
Why would it be compared to Oblivion.. If it does I will laugh at those people.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KC_Hokie

Why would it be compared to Oblivion.. If it does I will laugh at those people.craigalan23
It looks very similar based on the screen shots and it's the first Bioware game this close to an Elder Scrolls game.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Why would it be compared to Oblivion.. If it does I will laugh at those people.KC_Hokie

It looks very similar based on the screen shots and it's the first Bioware game this close to an Elder Scrolls game.

It looks very different to me. The only thing slightly similar is it's medieval. Dialogue options, group of teammates, you can make decisions that changes the story, third person combat(Oblivion's was just horrible), and etc.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I'm planning on getting both, but looking foward to Mass Effect 2 a little more. Not that Dragon Age: Origins doesn't look good, but not as much has been shown about that game. I'm somewhat disappointed there wasn't more about it at E3 considering it's supposed to come out first.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KC_Hokie
It looks very different to me. The only thing slightly similar is it's medieval. Dialogue options, group of teammates, you can make decisions that changes the story, third person combat(Oblivion's was just horrible), and etc. craigalan23
Any RPG for consoles with swords, knights, armor, spells, etc. is inevitably going to be compared to Oblivion. I hope Bioware puts out two new great RPGs, but I'm also afraid they are overstretched right now trying to make three RPGs at once. (Dragon Age Origions, Mass Effect 2, The Old Republic)
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]It looks very different to me. The only thing slightly similar is it's medieval. Dialogue options, group of teammates, you can make decisions that changes the story, third person combat(Oblivion's was just horrible), and etc. KC_Hokie
Any RPG for consoles with swords, knights, armor, spells, etc. is inevitably going to be compared to Oblivion. I hope Bioware puts out two new great RPGs, but I'm also afraid they are overstretched right now trying to make three RPGs at once. (Dragon Age Origions, Mass Effect 2, The Old Republic)

Ideally, being purchased by EA for almost a billion means those guys can expand their staff and have the resources to do what they want. I think most creative people can work on multiple things at once, especially as they move farther and farther away from doing the technical things. I'd use an example of Coca-Cola. They don't only make one beverage. If it was only one guy who had to come up with every flavor, design every can, create every marketing plan, work every distribution channel, talk with every retailer, and manufacture every can... yeah they'd only be able to work on one beverage at a time. But when you have entire teams and squads of expert bottle makers, graphic artists, marketers, retailers etc, that one guy could probably develop alot of stuff at once and not have a quality drop off. If he was the expert at making flavors he can devote 100% of his time to that rather than having to get involved in aspects that he's weak at. Bio-Ware is in that type of situation now.
G00DANG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 G00DANG
Member since 2009 • 769 Posts

I want both games though if I have to pick it would have to be Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 1 was the best game of 2007 by far, so the sequel should be better.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KC_Hokie

Ideally, being purchased by EA for almost a billion means those guys can expand their staff and have the resources to do what they want. I think most creative people can work on multiple things at once, especially as they move farther and farther away from doing the technical things. I'd use an example of Coca-Cola. They don't only make one beverage. If it was only one guy who had to come up with every flavor, design every can, create every marketing plan, work every distribution channel, talk with every retailer, and manufacture every can... yeah they'd only be able to work on one beverage at a time. But when you have entire teams and squads of expert bottle makers, graphic artists, marketers, retailers etc, that one guy could probably develop alot of stuff at once and not have a quality drop off. If he was the expert at making flavors he can devote 100% of his time to that rather than having to get involved in aspects that he's weak at. Bio-Ware is in that type of situation now.Senor_Kami
In the past Bioware never made more than one game at once for consoles and now they're working on two. That's worrisome for me and I hope you're right. And EA has a history of watering down things and rushing out bad products to meet deadlines. So I'm doubly worried.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Ideally, being purchased by EA for almost a billion means those guys can expand their staff and have the resources to do what they want. I think most creative people can work on multiple things at once, especially as they move farther and farther away from doing the technical things. I'd use an example of Coca-Cola. They don't only make one beverage. If it was only one guy who had to come up with every flavor, design every can, create every marketing plan, work every distribution channel, talk with every retailer, and manufacture every can... yeah they'd only be able to work on one beverage at a time. But when you have entire teams and squads of expert bottle makers, graphic artists, marketers, retailers etc, that one guy could probably develop alot of stuff at once and not have a quality drop off. If he was the expert at making flavors he can devote 100% of his time to that rather than having to get involved in aspects that he's weak at. Bio-Ware is in that type of situation now.KC_Hokie

In the past Bioware never made more than one game at once for consoles and now they're working on two. That's worrisome for me and I hope you're right. And EA has a history of watering down things and rushing out bad products to meet deadlines. So I'm doubly worried.

Bioware is a faithful developer. They won't let EA mess with their games.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KC_Hokie
Bioware is a faithful developer. They won't let EA mess with their games.Phoenix534
That's exactly what Pandemic said right before EA forced them to rush Mercenaries 2 and turned it into a monstrosity. EA has a really bad history of doing this to subsidiaries it acquires.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]Bioware is a faithful developer. They won't let EA mess with their games.KC_Hokie
That's exactly what Pandemic said right before EA forced them to rush Mercenaries 2 and turned it into a monstrosity. EA has a really bad history of doing this to subsidiaries it acquires.

Well, maybe North Korea will nuke EA and Bioware will be free.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]Bioware is a faithful developer. They won't let EA mess with their games.Phoenix534

I wouldn't mind since EA is one of my least favorite companies who buys up great developers and then ruins them.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
It's hard to say which one will be better since they're both made by Bioware.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#32 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

mass effect 2, without questioning

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Mass Effect 2 Though Dragon Age looks like it could be good.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
I'm looking more forward to Mass Effect 2, it looks stunning!
Redwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Redwa
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts

Looking forward to both equally since Dragon Age comes out in October and Mass Effect 2 in 2010. Plenty of room and time to play both! :D Also someone mentioned DA looked like Oblivion. Big ole' LOL on that one. Nothing alike whatsoever.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]That's exactly what Pandemic said right before EA forced them to rush Mercenaries 2 and turned it into a monstrosity. EA has a really bad history of doing this to subsidiaries it acquires. KC_Hokie

I wouldn't mind since EA is one of my least favorite companies who buys up great developers and then ruins them.

Well, I guess we'll have to deal with it. Or go on strike and convince a whole lot of people to not buy EA games.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#37 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Dragon Age Origins looks amazing! I'll definitely be buying it on day one :D
scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points