Downloading the ALPHA Version of Halo 3 - The big mystery

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Primary Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/748/748542p1.html

Secondary Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25362888

The secondary source is about a gamer who has the Halo 3 ALPHA.

I spoke with him and can confirm from seeing him On-line that he is indeed playing the Halo 3 ALPHA.

The question is, "How did he get it"?

His excuse: "My dad works for Microsoft"

As lame as that sounds. He pulled from his hat a variety of coincidences which back his story:

- Halo 3 ALPHA was downloaded through Marketplace via a subscription code

- Halo 3 ALPHA has 3 maps

- Halo 3 ALPHA has only Spartan playable character

The first part I find very interesting.

The fact that with a code you can download Halo 3 ALPHA.

However I won't stop there.

This guy mods in Halo 2.

From previous experience with mods, I know that gamers who mod can get access to content via FTP sites or BIT Torrent.

I'm telling you guys, because the more people we have looking the internet trying to find more info on it, the better.

Halo 3: ALPHA , is out there!! We have to find it.

When you do please share it with the community.

From what I hear there are less than 10,000 people playing Halo ALPHA

Zoobaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Zoobaz
Member since 2003 • 2632 Posts
John if he has it show us his gamercard with the info on the latest game he played should say halo 3
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnWinger

John if he has it show us his gamercard with the info on the latest game he played should say halo 3Zoobaz

It won't say Halo 3.

Its says: "Pimps At Sea(ALPHA)

Check out the the Primary Source I posted up top.

Also, it only shows up as last game played, if he played it last.

I had to send him a friends request when he made that thread. He was On-line on it then. After a few hours he didn't want to play it and I asked him why and he said :"They're hardly no one On-line on it"

I'm not lying.

I swear to GOD!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
Yeah... so some people are testing Halo 3 already, what's your point?
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnWinger

Yeah... so some people are testing Halo 3 already, what's your point?The_Fell_One

I want it!!

If anyone knows a way to get it, then please share it.

:D

HottAsFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 HottAsFire
Member since 2004 • 766 Posts
heres an FF for you, a fun fact, the Halo 3 ALPHA is not what they are putting out with crackdown.  Go read the press release frmo microsoft... Halo 3 BETA shipping with all copies of Crackdown.  The Alpha is the pre-beta stage, and it says that a Bungie employee was also playing Pimps at Sea at the same time.  That New0001 guy, if you dont keep up on the Halo Humpday Challenges, New0001 is the gamertag of one of the guys wo plays FOR bungies team, and bungie is a huge company.  Stop making claims that the beta is started, no its not. The beta doesnt start until crackdown comes out 2 weeks from now
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnWinger

Stop making claims that the beta is started, no its not. The beta doesnt start until crackdown comes out 2 weeks from nowHottAsFire

Read before posting.

This thread is about the ALPHA

buddy90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 buddy90909
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
ACTUally the beta dosen't come out untill later than that. The crackdown CD is mearly a key to the beta to be unlocked from the marketplace. That's why the ads say HAlo 3 beta invitation
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
heres an FF for you, a fun fact, the Halo 3 ALPHA is not what they are putting out with crackdown. Go read the press release frmo microsoft... Halo 3 BETA shipping with all copies of Crackdown. The Alpha is the pre-beta stage, and it says that a Bungie employee was also playing Pimps at Sea at the same time. That New0001 guy, if you dont keep up on the Halo Humpday Challenges, New0001 is the gamertag of one of the guys wo plays FOR bungies team, and bungie is a huge company. Stop making claims that the beta is started, no its not. The beta doesnt start until crackdown comes out 2 weeks from nowHottAsFire
BETA doesn't start untill spring, a few months after the crackdown release. Stop making claims when beta will start. Don't get cocky.
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
I have a few people on my friends list playing the Halo 3 Alpha... not a big deal
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
[QUOTE="HottAsFire"]heres an FF for you, a fun fact, the Halo 3 ALPHA is not what they are putting out with crackdown. Go read the press release frmo microsoft... Halo 3 BETA shipping with all copies of Crackdown. The Alpha is the pre-beta stage, and it says that a Bungie employee was also playing Pimps at Sea at the same time. That New0001 guy, if you dont keep up on the Halo Humpday Challenges, New0001 is the gamertag of one of the guys wo plays FOR bungies team, and bungie is a huge company. Stop making claims that the beta is started, no its not. The beta doesnt start until crackdown comes out 2 weeks from nowdeath1505921
BETA doesn't start untill spring, a few months after the crackdown release. Stop making claims when beta will start. Don't get cocky.

Crackdown is a way to get a key for the beta, not when the beta starts.
riskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 riskers
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
[QUOTE="HottAsFire"]heres an FF for you, a fun fact, the Halo 3 ALPHA is not what they are putting out with crackdown. Go read the press release frmo microsoft... Halo 3 BETA shipping with all copies of Crackdown. The Alpha is the pre-beta stage, and it says that a Bungie employee was also playing Pimps at Sea at the same time. That New0001 guy, if you dont keep up on the Halo Humpday Challenges, New0001 is the gamertag of one of the guys wo plays FOR bungies team, and bungie is a huge company. Stop making claims that the beta is started, no its not. The beta doesnt start until crackdown comes out 2 weeks from nowdeath1505921

we are all aware that the Beta stage starts a while after the Crackdown release, however, the thread starter is talking about the ALPHA version. I personally don't care for a half-assed version of a game...I can wait for the release. Also, asking for methods to obtain the Alpha version...isn't that illegal?
P00M0NSTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 P00M0NSTER
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
[QUOTE="GameArtGuy"]I have a few people on my friends list playing the Halo 3 Alpha... not a big deal

link please
DaveDude57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 DaveDude57
Member since 2008 • 1304 Posts
what are you talking about?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts