Dont you hate it when someone buys you a piece of **** game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

The problem is I have no choice but to play the good for nothin piece of **** game because it shows on your played games list. So when the person that bought you the game checks the "compare games" section they will know if you played it or not.

Back in the days I would just lie and say I played the game, read some spoilers about it just in case and trade the peice of **** in. Now I cant.

So here I am playin NASCAR 08 and Dynasty Warriors 5:(

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

haha, give them a chance, they might grow on you.

But i honestly dont see what the big deal is.. if ya dont enjoy it as much as your other games then big deal.... not that big of a problem.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RamboSymbiot

But i honestly dont see what the big deal is.. if ya dont enjoy it as much as your other games then big deal.... not that big of a problem.

kozzy1234

It just feels like a waste of time because Im not enjoying them at all.

But at the same time I got no choice but to play them and get a fair amount of achievements, so the person that bought me the games doesn't feel like I dont like them....

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Nothing compares to my brother giving me the Fellowship of the Ring Game when I was in High school, good god, I just wanted to tell him he wasted his money so badly.
Avatar image for tunasandwich395
tunasandwich395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tunasandwich395
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
Whenever someone buys me something that I never even asked for and that I hate, I can never bring myself to tell them.. :'(
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
you guys got it all wrong, it's the thought in a gift that counts. be grateful for everything.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RamboSymbiot

you guys got it all wrong, it's the thought in a gift that counts. be grateful for everything.ctfvyrsgurbnorn

Your right, but its still a pain in the ass.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts
You're lucky. No one buys me games . :(
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts

[QUOTE="ctfvyrsgurbnorn"]you guys got it all wrong, it's the thought in a gift that counts. be grateful for everything.RamboSymbiot

Your right, but its still a pain in the ass.

yeah i know what you mean, especially when around christmas or whatever you tell people what games you want and they go buy something else. all the same though.
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

Yes I do.. my mom bought me Bomberman Act:Zero.. And I'm 18 and jobless so I still live at home and had to play it a bit.

Ugh.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RamboSymbiot

Yes I do.. my mom bought me Bomberman Act:Zero.. And I'm 18 and jobless so I still live at home and had to play it a bit.

Ugh.

PiNwOrM

Dude, get a job. Your 18 man!

Chirocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chirocker
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

Ugh.

PiNwOrM

LOL dont fill bad im in the same boat as you. around the same age and jobless, I been looking for awhile but no luck. guess i have to keep on trying.

hunterchaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hunterchaw
Member since 2005 • 1100 Posts

its the thought that counts

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Even if the game sucks I still hold on to my gifts for sentimental value. That's why when someone offers to buy something off of me that was given to me as a gift, I decline to sell it.
z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 z-man34
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
I got Cabela's Big Game Hunting for christmas, and it made me wanna throw up when i played it.
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
You're lucky. No one buys me games . :(FamiBox
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
That is why I never buy games for my son. I will take him myself or hand him a gift card!;)
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
you guys got it all wrong, it's the thought in a gift that counts. be grateful for everything.ctfvyrsgurbnorn
But when someone gives you a game that you didn't want in the first place, and then wants to play it on your hardware (like my situation was with Halo 3), it just feels like they gave you a McJob - without the paycheck at the end to help soothe the salt on your (psychological) wounds.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
Even crap games have achievements!
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Feeling your pain 100%!! My Bro managed to get a promo copy of Smackdown vs raw 08 off some guy he knows at THQ and he gave it to me (cheap sod) all wrapped up as a present for Christmas ... it didn't even have an instruction booklet with it ... he made me put it in my 360 and now I have to play even a little bit just to make him happy :(
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I would be happy just that someone bought me a game.

If you really don't like the games. Tell the person. Or you could play the games for a few minutes and then play something else.

Mr_Unko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Unko
Member since 2002 • 208 Posts

i know what you mean, but my situation was in a different case. when i was younger my dad would hardly buy us games, from time to time he'd buy us ps1 games as gifts. my playlist back in the day looked like:

fade to black (yuck!)

G Police (i only remember the ending)

Myst (oh gawd the ps version SUCKED A$$~!)

Fantastic 4 (irritating, but fun?)

FF7 (i think i killed someone for this game...)

the funiest thing is, since i only had a few games to play at the time, i played the hell outta all those games. it would be kinda hard to push over even Guitar Hero aside to play those games that u got. personally, i would have just traded those games in and got a better one, i'm sure my friend would understand. On the other hand, if your friend owns a 360, and plays it enough to know how to compare game scores with you, why did he buy you those two games? would he have an understanding of what kind of games you play?

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Anger! Free games are never something to complain about.. afterall they are Free. I got Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza free after my 360 broke, I didn't complain about it and boy those games suck.
Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
I received Quake 4 as a Christmas gift a few years back. That game was terrible, but oh well. You don't like it, don't play it.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

RamboSymbiot

It just feels like a waste of time because Im not enjoying them at all.

But at the same time I got no choice but to play them and get a fair amount of achievements, so the person that bought me the games doesn't feel like I dont like them....

why dont you just tell them you dont like the game so maybe next time they will buy you a good game :| some people...
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
that's why people should give us gift cards lol, so much better than getting a game that you aren't sure they will like.
Veritys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Veritys
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

No one buys me games anymore, but when I was younger I use to get some random stuff from people. I think my parents told them "he likes to play games all day" and they thought it would be a good idea to randomly pick some game that was 1/2 price. I felt bad saying I didn't like it also, but was raised to appreciate anything and to thank them. My oldest daughter this christmas got multiple copies of High School musical and didnt' want it in the first place, but she smiled and thanked the people anyway. Although they can't track and find out if she watched it or not, lol.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PiNwOrM
[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

Ugh.

RamboSymbiot

I'd rather finish School than quit for a job at McDonalds, but thanks for the suggestion.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

Ugh.

PiNwOrM

If you got a job, you could buy your OWN games, intriguing?

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PiNwOrM
[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

Ugh.

YourChaosIsntMe

If you got a job, you could buy your OWN games, intriguing?

see above.

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 YourChaosIsntMe
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"][QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

Ugh.

PiNwOrM

I'd rather finish School than quit for a job at McDonalds, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm in college and working 40 hours a week. Don't use that uber-procrastinator excuse man. "I go to school, man." Yeah, because school is exceedingly difficult. Yes, we understand that you're in high school, and no, we're not suggesting a full-time job. It's called working 10-15 hours a week to supply funds for your hobbies. On that note, McDonalds will pay you roughly $8.00 an hour to sit in front of a deep-fryer for a few hours a week. Assuming you don't do drugs, this would cover all video game related expenditures. Logical, huh? Unless you would rather continue playing Bomberman Act:Zero...

You also capitalized a common noun. Yes, you certainly need to finish school.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PiNwOrM

I'm in college and working 40 hours a week. Don't use that uber-procrastinator excuse man. "I go to school, man." Yeah, because school is exceedingly difficult. Yes, we understand that you're in high school, and no, we're not suggesting a full-time job. It's called working 10-15 hours a week to supply funds for your hobbies. On that note, McDonalds will pay you roughly $8.00 an hour to sit in front of a deep-fryer for a few hours a week. Assuming you don't do drugs, this would cover all video game related expenditures. Logical, huh? Unless you would rather continue playing Bomberman Act:Zero that is....

YourChaosIsntMe

What are you, my goddamned counceller?

First of all, I'm in University, NOT high school.

Second of all, because of a spinal disease I have, Spina Bifida, I'm unable to do physical labour. Nor would I ever want to subject myself to a job at McDonals or something equally as dead-end.

Third, who the hell said I was in need of money? I may not have an actual job, but I make money by making websites for various people, and doing other similiar Tech tasks.

Fourth, Bomberman Act:Zero is hardly the only game I have. On the contrary, my 360 collection is nearly 40 games.

The point of the thread was the OP wondering if anyone has ever recieved a game that they hated and had to play it. I did. Well, I didn't 'have' to play it, but when my mom, out of the kindness of her heart, buys me a game for my birthday, who am I to say I don't want it?

Speaking of who am I, who the hell do you think you are to come into a random thread on a forum about video games and tell someone what they need to do in their life, or what they need to change, or what's wrong about it?

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

Thats what I say. But you still can't say a bad game isn't a bad game.

Tell ya what, give me the persons gamertag and I'll go ahead and let them know the games suck. That way you don't have to, and you wont feel bad :)
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 YourChaosIsntMe
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]

I'm in college and working 40 hours a week. Don't use that uber-procrastinator excuse man. "I go to school, man." Yeah, because school is exceedingly difficult. Yes, we understand that you're in high school, and no, we're not suggesting a full-time job. It's called working 10-15 hours a week to supply funds for your hobbies. On that note, McDonalds will pay you roughly $8.00 an hour to sit in front of a deep-fryer for a few hours a week. Assuming you don't do drugs, this would cover all video game related expenditures. Logical, huh? Unless you would rather continue playing Bomberman Act:Zero that is....

PiNwOrM

What are you, my goddamned counceller?

First of all, I'm in University, NOT high school.

Second of all, because of a spinal disease I have, Spina Bifida, I'm unable to do physical labour. Nor would I ever want to subject myself to a job at McDonals or something equally as dead-end.

Third, who the hell said I was in need of money? I may not have an actual job, but I make money by making websites for various people, and doing other similiar Tech tasks.

Fourth, Bomberman Act:Zero is hardly the only game I have. On the contrary, my 360 collection is nearly 40 games.

The point of the thread was the OP wondering if anyone has ever recieved a game that they hated and had to play it. I did. Well, I didn't 'have' to play it, but when my mom, out of the kindness of her heart, buys me a game for my birthday, who am I to say I don't want it?

Speaking of who am I, who the hell do you think you are to come into a random thread on a forum about video games and tell someone what they need to do in their life, or what they need to change, or what's wrong about it?

Wow, you're touchy, huh? The common light hearted "Get a job, dude!" culminates with indignation and a virulent outburst. Then, you defend your mother as if someone insulted her kind deed, which baffles me. I'm sorry for your disability, but unless you're not living in the same region of the world that I am, there are numerous part-time jobs which do not require manual labor, as if that were the point of contention anyway. You're also blowing the entire statement out of proportion. I wasn't denigrating your character, my friend. Read through the post again, and you'll realize that it's rather light-hearted, considering my reference to staying drug-free. Did you really believe that I was interested in what you do or do not do with your life?

You have bad grammar, dude.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PiNwOrM

You have bad grammar, dude. YourChaosIsntMe

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 YourChaosIsntMe

My parents bought me Cool Boarders 2 and 3xtreme with the PSX for Christmas. I made the mistake of being "into" extreme sports. That bit me in the rear-end. On a related note, I realized that NASCAR games can be fun if you drive the wrong way around the track due to the realistic modeling of the vehicles. the pile-ups were awesome. Seriously, this was the ONLY redeeming quality for the game. Interestingly, I only played the game in West Virginia at my cousin's house. Coincidence, I think not.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i hate when crappy games come out and peopel buy them. like two worlds (sorry if people like it here) my friend thinks that its the best game better than oblivion. me and his brother laugh at that. i started laughing when he was playing the frame rate droped would slow down .
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YourChaosIsntMe

Hahahahaha. See, that was exceedingly clever.

fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts

I'm 19 and dont have a job during my school year, I just work uber hard uring the summer and make some cash. I work for Hydro One too so I make around $15/hr with 40hr a week. If you can get a government regulated summer Job. :)

Oh and yeah, getting sucky games suck. I usually just tell the people I like to (if there adiment) just get me a giftcard to a gamestore to save me the mess of taking back a game. True story though, my brother bought me a game, and I was stoked, it turned out to be TMNT for the DS (Rated 2.0 by Gamespot I believe) for $40 and you should have seen the look on my face. I put my hand on my brother's sholder and told him that I love him, but that there was no way in hell I was gonna let him waste the money he wasted on me, on the POS game. I took it back to the store an hour later and got DOA 4 for my 360... the problem now is that that game is insanely combo based and I suck balls at it (I think I have 30 Gs in it after 1 year)..... My life is conveluted and weird. :(

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I'm 19 and dont have a job during my school year, I just work uber hard uring the summer and make some cash. I work for Hydro One too so I make around $15/hr with 40hr a week. If you can get a government regulated summer Job. :)

Oh and yeah, getting sucky games suck. I usually just tell the people I like to (if there adiment) just get me a giftcard to a gamestore to save me the mess of taking back a game. True story though, my brother bought me a game, and I was stoked, it turned out to be TMNT for the DS (Rated 2.0 by Gamespot I believe) for $40 and you should have seen the look on my face. I put my hand on my brother's sholder and told him that I love him, but that there was no way in hell I was gonna let him waste the money he wasted on me, on the POS game. I took it back to the store an hour later and got DOA 4 for my 360... the problem now is that that game is insanely combo based and I suck balls at it (I think I have 30 Gs in it after 1 year)..... My life is conveluted and weird. :(

fattony75

Its hard to tell somebody it sucked, but I think you did it in a very good manner :) I'd be more offended if I bought somebody something that sucked (without knowing it) and they just pretend to like it. I'd rather have them tell me it was a bad choice and go get something they will enjoy.

HASHlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 HASHlines
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
at the end of the day its the thought that counts