Does the xbox one launch marks the end of xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

asadasif2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

User Lists: 0

Poll Does the xbox one launch marks the end of xbox 360 (18 votes)

Yes 17%
No 22%
Not now but maybe after 1 yr or so 56%
Not sure 6%
 • 
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No. I think the Xbox 360 will still be supported right through to next year. They still have a large user base and when money is still involved they'd be stupid to do so. Expect to see more next-gen multiplats to be released on the Xbox 360.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#2  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Yes, it's the end. Some games will still be put out for both, but Dead Rising 3 being only on the One is an indicator of priorities.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Big games will continue to come out on 360 for at least two more years, I bet. And games will likely still be coming out on it years later. The 360's best years are past it but it's still got more left in it. Plenty of games are already lined up for it next year.

Destiny, Titanfall, Metal Gears Solid:Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls II, Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, Fable Anniversary, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Yabai: Ninja Gaiden Z, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth... There will most certainly be a Call of Duty game, you know, if you're still into that. Probably a new main series entry for Assassin's Creed too. And all the usual sports games too.

I could list more but Im getting tired of typing

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

its hard to say because the original xbox was done not long after the x360 came out. but due to a drastic increase in brand popularity i think this time microsoft will probably try to go sonys route and keep making money off the x360 as long as they can.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

It sure isn't going to make the 360 die any time soon. The One is MS's vision for getting a multimedia (gaming, entertainment, computing, and social media) foothold in your living room. It's meant to tie in to everything you do, so when you plop down in your living room you can access all the things you'd want to do on your pc/mobile/whatever from the comfort of your couch and tv without having to go through the geek-hassle of hooking up a PC to your home entertainment center.

Right now they have the hardware and the OS to deliver it, but they haven't built and refined the apps. There isn't even any kind of newsfeed (unless you want to dig in with the browser) to find out what's new and coming. Where the 360 was packed with advertisements, at least you felt tuned in to what's going on when you're using it. The One, so far, feels pretty disconnected and empty. That'll change sooner than later, but until Xbox One gets it's games AND apps flowing, the 360 is still a better experience.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@commandokock said:

its hard to say because the original xbox was done not long after the x360 came out. but due to a drastic increase in brand popularity i think this time microsoft will probably try to go sonys route and keep making money off the x360 as long as they can.

not only that, but there is a lot more technology in Xbox one, and some of it still needs to be streamlined before it can be used to its full potential.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

There is still plenty of juice left in the xbox 360.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#9 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants said:

It sure isn't going to make the 360 die any time soon. The One is MS's vision for getting a multimedia (gaming, entertainment, computing, and social media) foothold in your living room. It's meant to tie in to everything you do, so when you plop down in your living room you can access all the things you'd want to do on your pc/mobile/whatever from the comfort of your couch and tv without having to go through the geek-hassle of hooking up a PC to your home entertainment center.

I was skeptical, but hooked up my Verizon box on a whim, not planning to leave it hooked up. But it doesn't take long to fall in love with the convenience of it all. Just one time of getting up, realizing you forgot to change the channel, then just saying "Xbox, watch BBC America" instead of trudging back to the couch or reaching awkwardly across a coffee table for a remote, and you're hooked.