Does the Xbox Elite get the Red Ring of Death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Polarskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Polarskill
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

I was just wondering cause my Xbox 360 (Which is a regular premium)gets the RROD a lot and i have to do the towel trick to fix it. I was just gonna turn it and give it to my brother to have, and then buy a elite.

So does the Elite get the RROD? Also can i still turn in my Xbox 360 and get it fixed after i do the towel trick, or did that mess with the warranty?

aarow82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aarow82
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts

If your 360 gets RROD a lot u should send it back, its covered under warranty as long as u dont open the case, or dont tell them u did.

Personally i dont know y u would put up with it more than a couple of times before sending it back.

Phayse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phayse
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
Send it back, 360's shouldnt be getting RROD anyways
tacosrule193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 tacosrule193
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
ur mean giving ur brother ur 360 with rrod ...... but i heard elite last a bit longer but it stil has rrod
War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts

Yeah, mine did.

ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
seriously, i don't mean to start anytthing, but wtf is wrong w/ microsoft pushing out such a faulty product. i realize getting out a year before sony gave them an advantage.... but it was at the cost of every one of there systems eventually dying.... i'm gonna say that because mine last from launch until... a day ago... more than 2 years... and got the rrod.. i'm considering the elite... but &$%#... if it dies i'll give up on microsoft and the 360
phil-laad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 phil-laad
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

;)I was woderin if the Elite gets the RROD because am thinkin about gettin one has anyone answer to my question or is the elite the same as the premium it gets it no matter what

cheers gonna need sellin ma nintendo wii to get one:D

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

yes the elite still gets RRoD, how many of them die...is another question. the elite hasnt been out a year yet so we dont know how they will stand the test of time (many 360s lasted over a year but didnt make 2 years. its like a bomb ticking untll it finally goes off)

but the newer 360s swear they are better.

at least MS is standing by and replacing them for up to 3 years. Sony and the disk read errors on some PS2s was not happy business.

Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts

I was just wondering cause my Xbox 360 (Which is a regular premium)gets the RROD a lot and i have to do the towel trick to fix it. I was just gonna turn it and give it to my brother to have, and then buy a elite.

So does the Elite get the RROD? Also can i still turn in my Xbox 360 and get it fixed after i do the towel trick, or did that mess with the warranty?

Polarskill
yes the RROD is 100% possible to get on the elite
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
The Elite is an Xbox 360 so I am guessing this is just as likely to get RRoD. Maybe some hardware revisions probably ensure it's more stable, though. I have seen a few Elites with the RRoD.
samherrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 samherrett
All elites should have the new hitachi or ben-q drives, Should have new heatsink some have new chipsets, aslong as you keep it well ventilated (and your power brick) you should be fine.
r8dersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 r8dersfan

I just bought the Elite on Wed and it works great so far. its alot louder than my PS3 but so far so good. it has the new heat sink and falcon chip. newer Elites should have these, and supposedly they're less likely to have the RROD.

I've been playing CoD2 for a few hours at a time and have Gears of War and CoD4 in the stash. can someone explain what the towel trick is?

ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
i've had the elite sence it came out and i have yet to have anything wrong with it
Rossdaboss777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Rossdaboss777
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
no
dredlocbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dredlocbro
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i've had my xbox 360 elite for 4 months and i got the RROD....i sent it to MS and they fixed it in 1 day so heads up ,the the elites r no diffrent!!!
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Wait so Microsoft actually made elites knowing that the hardware creates red light...seriously microsoft suck at hardware dev.
is1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 is1989
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I've had my elite 360 for a little over a year and IT STILL WORKS no problems here

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

yea it possible for the elite to get the red ring, but very small chance. i know alot of poeple that have that version and none of them have gotten RROD, i also have had the elite for about 3 years and have had zero problems with it. i think its even better then the newer slim because ive heard multiple problems from the slim version, while barley none from the elite.