Does Splinter Cell Conviction deserve more respect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

Everything I seemed to have read on GS about the game was negative, "the demo sucked", "not like old splinter cells", "too short", "didnt live up to hype" etc...so I lost interest. Well I went to rent a game and they didn't have alan wake so I got this one and I'm having a ton of fun with it, only about 2 hours into the campaign and have played a couple hours coop with my friend. the controls are good, shooting is fun, and I think you do have to plan lots of your attacks, people said you could just go around shooting and didn't have to use stealth..in some parts that is true, some places you have to go guns blazes, but the majority of times when I tried that I died very quick...stealth was required.

I think SC: C is a very fun game I'm curious what you think.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I think so yes, I had tons of fun with the campaign personally. The coop is also fun. Only thing i would ahve improved is the ability to move bodies and more of a versus mode online.

Also the storytelling and atmosphere was well done to, and the interigation was fun (:

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

The game forces you to play it like a shooter in multiple locations and you can play the entire game with 0 strategy involved unless you are completely terrible. The game is very short and has 0 replayability and the co-op is only 3 or 4 missions. They also took out spies vs mercs.. so no it doesn't deserve more respect.

zarkon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 zarkon9
Member since 2010 • 767 Posts

was the game worth the wait?splinter cell: convictionhad been delayed about three times.

PCmaster999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PCmaster999
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
F*** yes it does. the game is totally EPIC, and any game that is near epic deserves to be praised
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

The game forces you to play it like a shooter in multiple locations and you can play the entire game with 0 strategy involved unless you are completely terrible. The game is very short and has 0 replayability and the co-op is only 3 or 4 missions. They also took out spies vs mercs.. so no it doesn't deserve more respect.

Darkslayer16

I haven't played the game, but this seems to be the majority of complaints. I walked into Gamestop the other day to buy Red Dead Redemption and saw tons of Splinter Cell: Convictions on the used shelf.

For me, the game seems too short to warrant a $60 price tag.

GramDubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GramDubs
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

No, while i was playing it i enjoyed it, but looking back, it wasnt very memorable, there wasnt any "oh sh**" moments. the graphics looked out of date, the campaign was short, the stealth wasnt really stealth, if you get spotted its no big deal because you can just run the other way and pick off the bad guys since they were dumber then a door knob. it was an ok game, it might have not even deserved an 8.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Yes the game is pure fun, who say it doesnt sure not have any friends to play co-op, wich is sad. Co-op is all i wanted from a game, you can do some strategy, or go blasing guns just to "see what happens". It's an excellent game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I thought it was great. While the single player should have been longer and there should have been way more interrogations, the co op story and all the deniable ops levels made it well worth 60 bucks. I only stopped playing it about 2 weeks ago.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#10 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

The game is great. I am really looking forward to the new download content coming out. I think people knock it around here because it's not on their console of choice or they feel like it has changed too much from the older Splinter Cell games. I think this game is exactly where Splinter Cell needed to go, it's much more modern now.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I played the demo and wasn't that impressed. I might rent it eventually or pick it up when it's like $15 used.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Darkslayer16
True. I really enjoyed the game but there was a lot holding it back, the last half of SP played more like a shooter with little options to do otherwise, gadgets were way to easy to refil and made the game really easy. No idea why they would remove the Spies vs Mercs, that was a terrible decision.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Terrible game. Im only holding onto it untill my buddy picks it up so we can play coop. Other then that its easily the worst Splintercell ever made. It goes against everything the series has set up. The direction was totally wrong. Go back to the drawing board Ubisoft. Seriously I dont understand these guys this gen. TERRIBLE!

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

I think so yes, I had tons of fun with the campaign personally. The coop is also fun. Only thing i would ahve improved is the ability to move bodies and more of a versus mode online.

Also the storytelling and atmosphere was well done to, and the interigation was fun (:

I agree as well, I guess die hard fans will be upset over the focus on action instead of the trail and error stealth gameplay from previous games, personally i found the game to be fun, the stealth was still there in my books, you couldn't go running and gunning through a level, and the action stealth gameplay was really fun, it's not a AAA game, but it's pretty close to being one imo.
micromat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 micromat
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm not really one to purchase new games because I stick with my good ol' shooters so as you can imagine, I didn't buy this game. I am not really into Splinter Cell anyway but my friends are. Most of my friends are achievement hunters and often buy most games that come out. A few of my friends said it was a terrible game and they're all really good at gaming, even my friends uncle who is ranked quite high in the world for his gamerscore (Pigimus Prime) said the game was horrid.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Darkslayer16

yeah that about sums it up. Two things really hurt this game imo. The fact that they completely scrapped the original version which was shaping up to look amazing and is probably why the game is so short. Second the fact that they tried to make SC appeal to a wider audience. In the end it fell to what so many games have this gen, they just dumbed down the whole stealth exp. It really disappointed me. SC:C is a weekend rental at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I thought it was a great game, only problem was when it forced you to not be stealthy. Overall I'd give it an 8.8.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

Gen007

yeah that about sums it up. Two things really hurt this game imo. The fact that they completely scrapped the original version which was shaping up to look amazing and is probably why the game is so short. Second the fact that they tried to make SC appeal to a wider audience. In the end it fell to what so many games have this gen, they just dumbed down the whole stealth exp. It really disappointed me. SC:C is a weekend rental at best.

If you have a friend to play it with, the co-op is endless fun, but only if you want it to be. If you run around shooting everyone with an AK-47 saying "this game is so stupid" then obviously your not going to like it. But if you sneak around with a friend, take it slowly, and actually try to not get detected it is really fun.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I played and beat the full game..I still feel like there should have been more. It really is a cheat for $60 if you ask me. So it's current respect is just about right.
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

Its a great game. Just not a Splinter Cell game.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

I'll pick it up when its $40
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
SC conviction its very good game
DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#23 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
I've been a Splinter Cell ever since the first one hit the PS2.. I thought this one was great.. It was a nice change that needed to be made.. I also think that the change has opened up the fan base for the game..
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#24 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The game has a couple of negative aspects, but overall, Splinter Cell: Conviction is a great game. It advances the storyline of the previous games greatly and has an explosive ending. I loved SC:C!