Does it worth to get Microsoft points??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Hey

iam gettng a 360 just for Halo 3 and Gears 2 and Fable 2 and iam getting a 20GB pro Xbox360 and i will buy all those games and a 12 months live card, and when i get all those games i will almost broken (less money) does it worth to buy Microsoft points while iam almost broken?

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 tubaloth
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

The POINT of the Poinsts is to buy things on Xbox live.

So for example if you want to BUY the other Multiplayer maps for Halo 3 (one of them is free, the other two you have to pay for) you would need points for that.

I'm not sure about the other games, but I think they have some extra stuff you can buy. Now some of the stuff you can buy will be free at some point in time, its just takes a long while!

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 explasiv

So for example if you want to BUY the other Multiplayer maps for Halo 3 (one of them is free, the other two you have to pay for) you would need points for that.

I'm not sure about the other games, but I think they have some extra stuff you can buy. Now some of the stuff you can buy will be free at some point in time, its just takes a long while!

tubaloth
there are only maps for halo 3 to download? are there any Modes?? and Gears 2 got download able things?
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 explasiv
[QUOTE="tubaloth"]

explasiv
there are only maps for halo 3 to download? are there any Modes?? and Gears 2 got download able things?

??
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
All 3 of the games you mentioned have extra content on Live that costs MS points to buy, however if you are broke now, then just play the games as they are to start with, then in a month or so when you have some more money buy some points to get the extra content.
nwonknU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 nwonknU
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts

[QUOTE="tubaloth"]

explasiv

I think there's two map packs out for Gears 2, same for Halo 3. To your original question, MS points are worth the money, depending on how badly you want the DLC.

Red122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Red122
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

Thats nice your getting an x360 but microsoft points help extend the life of your games. For Halo 3 and Gears 2 you have the map packs same with COD 4 and COD WAW also look at all the other games with DLC thats the key with points DLC is awesome.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I wouldnt get MS points right away, it would make it hard to resist buying DLC for the games you own right away. DLC is expensive and you should only buy it for games you really love. So I would just buy some cheap full games first, just look in top 10, top 20 or top 30 lists of must buy 360 games, a lot of them are half price by now. And after your done with playing all the games you love (possibly by 2011 or 2012) you can start looking at DLC and expanding your favorite games.

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 explasiv

ok the maps in Halo 3 are expansiv?? gears2 maps are expansiv?

yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

explasiv
yep i think the halo 3 map pack is 800microsoft points and two of the gears 2 maps are 800microsoft each
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 explasiv
[QUOTE="explasiv"]

yungog
yep i think the halo 3 map pack is 800microsoft points and two of the gears 2 maps are 800microsoft each

and 800 is alot?? are there any free maps? and are they ergion free?
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 explasiv
[QUOTE="yungog"][QUOTE="explasiv"]

explasiv

and 800 is alot?? are there any free maps? and are they ergion free?

??
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

well, since you're already spending a lot of money on the console, 2 games and a live membership, I would not purchase the Microsoft points yet. It seems that you are new to these games, and the purpose of the maps are to keep you playing the games when they start to get boring.