Does anyone use skins on their 360 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LIKETOPLAYGAMES
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
I just wanted to know if anyone uses those things, are they sticky and leave yucky goo snot on your xbox after you take it off?
Chirico_Cuvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Chirico_Cuvie
Member since 2003 • 842 Posts

I've not used them but I'd offer my opinion that a console that has heat problems doesn't need any extra insulation.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I had one on my PSP awhile back, it didn't leave any goo after I took it off. It was from decalgirl.com
sealedexit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sealedexit
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
My friend had one on his 360 but he never took it off so I don't know about the glue being left on. It looked cool tho.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
I have one on my DS, but not on my 360
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LIKETOPLAYGAMES

I've not used them but I'd offer my opinion that a console that has heat problems doesn't need any extra insulation.Chirico_Cuvie

Yeah, I hear ya there, good point.

Stix_3200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stix_3200
Member since 2003 • 174 Posts

So I never put a skin sticker on my 360, but I did buy a chrome casing for it. I removed the old casing and put on the chrome. Looks cool but it messes with the wireless controllers and really messes with the wireless headset. It significantly lowers the range for how far away you can use your wireless controllers and headset. In fact the headset was useless after putting on the chrome case and the controllers I could only be a few feet away from the xbox to use them.

I had to put back on my original shell. 50 plus bucks down the drain for that, so if anyone is thinking about buyingthe chrome casing don't!

Sorryfor being alittle off topic of your question.

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
Na... I stick to the Faceplate my girlfriend gave me.
Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
No, but I have a faceplate. Hot Rod.
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LIKETOPLAYGAMES

So I never put a skin sticker on my 360, but I did buy a chrome casing for it. I removed the old casing and put on the chrome. Looks cool but it messes with the wireless controllers and really messes with the wireless headset. It significantly lowers the range for how far away you can use your wireless controllers and headset. In fact the headset was useless after putting on the chrome case and the controllers I could only be a few feet away from the xbox to use them.

I had to put back on my original shell. 50 plus bucks down the drain for that, so if anyone is thinking about buyingthe chrome casing don't!

Sorryfor being alittle off topic of your question.

Stix_3200

That's Bull, go get your 50 bucks back man. Thanks for the warning !

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
My friend had one on his 360 after it broke he had to take it off to send it to MS and it left all that glue on 360. So he had to use all kinds of stuff to make the glue come off.
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

My friend had one on his 360 after it broke he had to take it off to send it to MS and it left all that glue on 360. So he had to use all kinds of stuff to make the glue come off.insane_metalist

Im not sure about every one else but if I wanted to buy a product for my 360 and it required glue...I would pass.

KingDevon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 KingDevon23
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

No, i just use the faceplates for the 360, I dont think those things are really worth it....

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

My friend had one on his 360 after it broke he had to take it off to send it to MS and it left all that glue on 360. So he had to use all kinds of stuff to make the glue come off.insane_metalist

I was gonna say......what are the implications if it gets the RROD?

Legendary_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legendary_Ross
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts

As a sidenote, if anyone does have issues with glue, Goo Gone works pretty well to remove adhesive. I usually follow with a wet clothto remove any excess.

I know that some people will use all sorts of things to remove adhesive or glue but just end up scratching things up!

ddrcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ddrcraze
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
I have a plain black one on, and its annoying because no matter what i did, there were bubbles, and ive applied skins before, but this was the biggest, plus skins arnt perfectly fit to wrap the 3d shape of a 360. I havnt tried removing it because i dont want that to happen lol. But i would go with finding a custom crazy case if you dont have a warrenty, other wise id send it off to get a custom paint job 8D if you have the money 8P
ddrcraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ddrcraze
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

lol i hate my internet ive written posts like 10 times and they never post omg >8(

anyways the skins are hard to get on flat skins dont really work on rounded shapes like the edges, plus its big so ull get a lot of bubbles, id go with a custom paint job 8P or buy a cool custom case if you dont have your warranty 8D

fifty56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fifty56
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

I've not used them but I'd offer my opinion that a console that has heat problems doesn't need any extra insulation.Chirico_Cuvie

exactly

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts
Ive got a mass effect skin...Its cool...Took awhile like the poster above to get the skin smoothed out..Looks cool though love it...Better than just plain white...If you take it off no glue on my skin...
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Nah man I got like custom cases .
Rayze78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Rayze78
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
With the way mine is set up, I mostly just see the front of it, so a faceplate is fine with me. I get a new one every few months just to mix it up a little. Plus, like someone mentioned, I think they would add extra heat.
W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
I want to, but all the ones out there are lame. I can't find one I like. Although I did buy a creat your own faceplate thing, you can make a picture of the computer and print out a plate, the only problem is that it has to cover it in a bulky plastic thing overtop.
bobnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bobnuts
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
no never my 360 looks good as it is and ive heard that u could have problems with it
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

[QUOTE="insane_metalist"]My friend had one on his 360 after it broke he had to take it off to send it to MS and it left all that glue on 360. So he had to use all kinds of stuff to make the glue come off.vitriolboy

I was gonna say......what are the implications if it gets the RROD?

It's basically same because it just had stickers on it and the stickers don't cover anywhere where the fan blows