Do you think halo is overrated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

control2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 control2000
Member since 2004 • 43 Posts
Everytime I go over the forums I see people calling Halo overrated, in my opinion is not, and I am not a fan of first person shooters or halo, but is a great game with good story (with out 45 minutes of cutscene, sorry metal gear, love you, but they are freaking long) the gameplay is great.................i know, they must be fanboys
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
It's not overrated. But I think it may be overappreciated.
JoeTonks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 JoeTonks
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts
Yeah I think its overrated. Most of the game looks exactly the same, the same corridor, the same bad guys. And nothings detailed, everything is big blocks and jagged edges. There's no subtlety to the design. The only redeeming feature is the driving.

The second one is better, but consider its rival FPS's such as Doom 3 or Farcry Instincts, it still looks atrocious. Nice story it may be (apparently, I didn't think it was that good) but it's sure no benchmark for what the xbox can do.
RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
absolutely halo is overrated, however it is still a fantastic game.  People always get defensive when you say that halo is overrated because for some reason they relate overrated with bad, and thats not the case. 
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Not everyone likes the same games. People didn't like Halo and call it overrated. I don't think it is, but w/e
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Yes, but that doesn't mean it's not a good game. Good AI, solid production values, great multiplayer... but you get these kids that talk about it like Christ came back around, and that's just not the case. Haven't played many, if any, games that make me THAT excited.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#7 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
Wasn't there a thread like this just a few days back? Is there really nothing else to talk about?
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
No. It's not overrated a bit, IMO. I still play Halo 2 online once in a while and can't wait for Halo 3. It's all a matter of opinion though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I don't think it's overrated, but I think it's over-advertised. There are other games out there, and a lot of people don't pay attention to them. I think it's pretty common for people to bash Halo simply because it's so popular, and they feel like other games aren't getting any love. It's kind of childish.
HOLYWOOD444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HOLYWOOD444
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
nope
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Wasn't there a thread like this just a few days back? Is there really nothing else to talk about?monco59
Agree with both this, and that the Halo series is a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, they are decent games, but not anywhere good as they always get hyped up to be. And DEFINITELY not $129.99 worth good.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
I think it is overrated a bit, I like it alot i played it alot but many games were put in the shadow because of it and never really got the attention they deserved. Halo 2 has the best online multiplayer ever, close call though for counter strike. its an amazing game but i have played better.
hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hueypnewton
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts
It's extremely overrated. But i don't mine playing it with my friends. I've personally had much more fun playing CSS and GeoW.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
it seems to me that the term "overrated" is getting thrown around alot these days just like "non-biased" was like a year ago. it has no meaning anymore, so basicly the term "overrated" is overrated. who cares if YOU don't like a massivly popular franchise. i don't like WoW but that doesn't make it bad. i don't like racing games like GT, but i can still see how its a good game and why ppl like it.