Do you play games for achievements after you beat them?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wazzmalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 wazzmalo
Member since 2010 • 219 Posts

I don't, but i'm starting to. I enjoy watching my gamerscore go up!

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Really depends if I enjoyed the game during the first time through. But I refuse to collect stuff (ie. the feathers in Assassin's Creed 2) because those types of achievements are very monotonous and boring

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

I used to, not so much anymore and starting to regret doing it in the first place... I have 57,000 gamerscore and catch a lot of "you have no life - go outside" heat... Gets pretty annoying...

When I did it really depended on the game... Most free roam games I would play through a lot to find everything... And RPGs, like Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc... A lot of games with multiplayer achievements I just wouldn't even go for... A lot of them are blind luck achievements (like Halo 3's hitting multiple people at once with the lasers and all that jazz) and have nothing to do with skill... Or they were like GRAWs ridiculous achievements "Be ranked in the top 10 on three different leaderboard"...

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

I sure do, I'm interested in gamerscore actually.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Some times.

If i play the game every day i most likely wont because im to busy having fun in MP.

but other games i still own once in while i get into the mood and bust some out.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts
yep as long as the game is good. Although its not a big deal it is slightly annoying completeing a game thats rubbish and only ending up with around 300G
Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Not much anymore, however i've been mopping up some Portal 2 achievements today :)

tsquared44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tsquared44
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

after i have my official playthrough and enjoyed the game to a good extent. For sure, why not

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
Normally if I replay a game it isn't just for the achievements, but I will go for some more out of the way achievements in my second play through. For example I played through Mass Effect (1) 5 times and none of it was ever to actually get achievements, but I played through Kameo after beating is specifically for achievements. But I only do that if I like the game. I refuse to even play un-fun games for easy achievements (I am looking at you Red Alert 3).
kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
ill do a quick sweep of a game to grab easy ones i missed. some games do suck me back in like deadspace and mirrors edge so i get more play out of them too.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
If I enjoy the game, sure. It gives me an excuse to play it again and/or discover all of the hidden secrets the developers put there.
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
No not really. Gamerscore doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. I used to get annoyed when I look at the achievements for a game and over half of them you have to acquire online.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ_Lae
No not really. Gamerscore doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. I used to get annoyed when I look at the achievements for a game and over half of them you have to acquire online. javafriek
Online achievements bother me - I don't think any game should have them other than maybe the odd co-op achievement or two. A lot of the games with them have very inactive online communities and/or the online devolves into people begging for achievements.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Yes I do!
CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

It depends how much I liked the game. I don't go out of my way to get achievements, but if it is a game I really enjoyed I will go for 1000/1000.

JoeyBarbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoeyBarbaro
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yeah, i'm real big on achievements. though i won't bother with super time consuming achievements.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

after i have my official playthrough and enjoyed the game to a good extent. For sure, why not

tsquared44

This is the one for me, I am exactly the same :). Although, it really does depend on the game and how hard the achievements are. If the achievements are just VERY hard or would take ages, usually not. But I will mostly always go for achievements after I have completed a game. Although, I have still yet to complete Perseus Mandate on F.E.A.R. Files and F.E.A.R. 2 as an whole, for example, and I have only got like 7 achievements on F.E.A.R. 1 and the one campaign I have played so far on F.E.A.R. Files. I will go for a lot of them afterwards, but I think there were a few of them that are too hard, and I won't bother with getting. I will always definately aim to get 100% on the arcade games I have though, as there are only 12 achievements and you usually (from my experience anyway) get most of them on the first playthrough. I do go out of my way to get achievements very often though after I have completed any game, to be honest. For some reason I would like every achievement in every Rock Band/Guitar Hero game ever, but that would be very tough seeing as a lot of them are dependent for either online play, minimum of 4 players or just take a very long time (such as play every song on Green Day: Rock Band in 12 hours straight with a 4 player band) or something like that. If it is a game I enjoy very much, I will just aim to get all of the easy/medium achievements, and leave it at that. Also, I have realised if a game doesn't have achievements in DLC story and whatnot, I usually don't tend to get them, such as Assassin's Creed II's DLC chapters. But that is another story for another time. :)

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#18 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Of course! I get bored at some point lol.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I used to, not so much anymore and starting to regret doing it in the first place... I have 57,000 gamerscore and catch a lot of "you have no life - go outside" heat... Gets pretty annoying...

Buttons1990

Do you really let those people get to you? Don't. Some people will ALWAYS find a way to put others down to make themselves feel better.

Are you better at math? You're a nerd

Have a higher Gamerscore? You have no life

Better at soccer? Soccer is for foot fairy losers.

You can not win. This form of self-deception will never end.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#20 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I do, i beat the game and then go back and try to get the most achievements i can.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Yes, but I try to get most of them my first playthrough.

MrSolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrSolvo
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

It really depends on how much I enjoyed the game the first time through, or how hard the achievements are. If the achievements in a game are hard AND I didn't like the game, I'll probably just play through it once. However, if I like the game enough, it doesn't matter how hard the achievements are. I love boosting my Gamerscore, although it's definitely not as important as enjoying my games.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Most of the time, no.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#24 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Sometimes i do. But not often. Achievements tend to ruin some game experiences.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
It depends what kind of achievements they are. If they are actually attainable and I won't go insane trying to get, then I may try to go after them. Some are just really difficult and I would rather be playing a game I haven't played before.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
nope, achievements never interested me that much. though i admit i always get slightly annoyed when i see someone get an achievement i missed. ._.
Jon_Sly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#27 Jon_Sly
Member since 2006 • 1122 Posts

If I don't at least get half the achievements on a game, it just feels like a waste lol. Its like my gamescore shows you got only 250 of 1000 makes you go wow I suck lol. Then each passing game it adds up and your like 2000 of 5000... gets worse 20000 out a possible 60000... and your like what have I been doing with myself! lol

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts
Not really. They give me a reason to play it again, I suppose, but I usually only go for Achievements/Trophies when I'm bored.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Occasionally, helps you experience much more of the game.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DJ_Lae

If I don't at least get half the achievements on a game, it just feels like a waste lol. Its like my gamescore shows you got only 250 of 1000 makes you go wow I suck lol. Then each passing game it adds up and your like 2000 of 5000... gets worse 20000 out a possible 60000... and your like what have I been doing with myself! lol

Jon_Sly
I do that too - my completion percentage is somewhere around 45% right now. Every time I load up a game, get one achievement for doing the first level but realize I hate the game and never want to play it again, I get a little sad knowing that I'm only adding 10 points to my score but 1000 to my potential score, driving my percentage down further.
Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

Yes I do, but most of the time, I get them through one play through.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I dont really care about overall gamerscore, i care more about finishing every good game 100%.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

I play the game once through for story> Play it twice for challenge (highest difficulty)> Then I play it the last time through for achievements

I don't like doing all three at one play through because it can really ruin the gameplay, although I am pretty happy if I unlock a few achievements here and there during my first 2 plays

ReptileFTW14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReptileFTW14
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Defintely. High gamerscore should be respected
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I play the game once through for story> Play it twice for challenge (highest difficulty)> Then I play it the last time through for achievements

I don't like doing all three at one play through because it can really ruin the gameplay, although I am pretty happy if I unlock a few achievements here and there during my first 2 plays

xxKai

I'm more or less the same way. And obviously the game has to be good.

Avatar image for JediMasterSamus
JediMasterSamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediMasterSamus
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

I definitely get achievements after my first play through, I enjoy getting them and increasing my gamerscore for the most part. Though I have to say, some achievements are extremely annoying and difficult.

Erzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Erzs
Member since 2011 • 107 Posts
More often than not I will. I scan over the achievement list before playing the game, but I don't like to distract myself with trying too hard to get them first playthrough. So I'll usually go back a second time for them but this is also to get more out of the game, that is if it was enjoyable. If it wasn't I won't bother with the extra achievements.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Yeah if I enjoyed the game then I know I will enjoy just working toward unlocking achievements after I complete it.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
i do
Da_Banker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Da_Banker
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts

I usually do if its for a game i really like. For instance i just beat portal 2 the other day without actively going for achievements but now that i beat it i am trying to get 100% gamerscore for that game. Some cases like the achievements that are in multiplayer i dont really go for so but yes in most cases i do

daledoback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daledoback
Member since 2011 • 148 Posts
If I really like the game I will try and full it. I have a tendency to full games that are hard or looked at as "impressive". So I have a few JRPGs fulled like Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Resonance of Fate, Magna Carta 2 but I also have multiplayer driven games fulled like Gears of War 1 and 2, Halo Wars, etc. Combination of really liking the game and the difficulty of the achievements.
Cobra_Choke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cobra_Choke
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
Sometimes I play again to reach some achivments but only then when I sucked in the game totally :)
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

I don't, but i'm starting to. I enjoy watching my gamerscore go up!

wazzmalo
Nope don't care about that
sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

only when i first had my 360 and they were a new concept.

now i find thema horrible frustrating grindfest.. ive learnt to ignore gamerscore and achieviements. i will play games again if i love them enough but never for achiviements.. although i can see why people get addicted to them. but when you start grinding, spending hours trying to find that last feather even though you are bored out of your life or playing rubbish games then i see it as a problem...

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

If i like the game then i'll go back and get some achievements.

Not such a achievement whore no more.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

It really depends on the achievement. If the achievement is fun to do I'll go back and try to get it. So many games are coming out with stupid achievements that aren't fun at all to do so I'll ignore those like Gears of War 2 Seriously 2.0 or any type of collection achievement that does nothing for you in game besides get an achievement.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

After finishing game on hardest difficulty... I play it once again to get as many achievements as I can...
Last time I bought Mortal Kombat... and One achievement is really stoopid... Master all fighters...
I mean wha?! 24 hours gameplay on each character?!
Wow... its just unbelievably stoopid... I have better things to do...

MyersB93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MyersB93
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts
hell yeh i do because I like to have something to aim for and it makes everything about the game that more interesting