Do you guys still want to pay for xbox live.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
My live ends this month and I find it hard to justify paying for xbox live again as I get everything except cross-game chat on my ps3 for free and I will only be playing 4 games online.Do you guys still find xbox live to be worth the money or do you think we should be able to play online for free and have the choice of paying for cross-game chat etc. I have had great experiences on xboxlive but it is hard to pay when I can game online for free on my new ps3. And anyone who thinks I don't have an xbox checkout my blog or youtube channel for evidence links in my sig.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I think it's worth it for the party chat and because 99% of multiplatform games look and play better on the Xbox, plus I can't stand the PS3 controller.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

seeing as your just posting this to create an argument, you probably want system wars
heres a handy url to get there fasterhttp://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/314159282/system-wars
no need to thank me :)

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that they would want to pay for it. But since we have to pay, we do. I don't think anybody has a desire to pay for it.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that they would want to pay for it. But since we have to pay, we do. I don't think anybody has a desire to pay for it.bobdood99
Pretty much this.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I think it's worth it for the party chat and because 99% of multiplatform games look and play better on the Xbox, plus I can't stand the PS3 controller.

JayQproductions

...well grahically no...I have both...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm considering the same thing myself. I bought a month of gold and so far I've only played Gears 3 and Halo 3 online. Gears 3 is great and Halo 3 is virtually dead. I have a chance to get a years worth for only $35 but I don't think it's worth it at this point, for me atleast.

buttonmash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 buttonmash3r
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

Rule of thumb: No one wants to pay for anything.

Do I want to pay for live? No. Will I because I enjoy it more than PS3? Yes.

JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JayQproductions

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

soapman72

...well grahically no...I have both...

as do I, and graphically yes, the Xbox is better than the PS3 with multiplatform games because 99% of them are made for the Xbox and ported to the PS3.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
I actually just learned that the other day , I had. I idea to be honest.
kinnovittorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 kinnovittorio
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Nope. I would rather buy a PS3 and get the psn for free than pay xbl every year.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

JayQproductions
This pretty much sums it up. The three main points why XBL is worth it.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

The average American/European spends €1150 a year on takeaway coffee.

The average household wastes up to €500 a year, simply by leaving electronic devices on standby. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Do I understand that simply paying for your own internet is by default a rip-off? Yes.

Do I understand that it's not the relatively tiny fee you have to pay, but the principle of the matter? Yes.

Do I think that paying €30 a year for countless hours of entertainment is worth it ? Absolutely.

Do I give a sh*t what internet randoms think of what I do with my hard-earned money? Absolutely not.

If you feel XBL is worth it to you, buy it. If you don't, don't. Nobody cares.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I don't pay for it any more and its one of the main reasons I don't touch my 360 any more, if you don't own a pc or PS3 though you don't really have much of a choice but to pay for it.

yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
I tend to only buy it for a month or two at time - basically when they offer me a month for 1 pound. Other than that, I play on the PSN. I really don't see how it's so much better to justify paying full price for it.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that they would want to pay for it. But since we have to pay, we do. I don't think anybody has a desire to pay for it.bobdood99
Nothing more then this. And TBH M$ has gotten out of hand with flooding the main menu with nothing more then adds. Its forcing marketing and product placement down our throats. The play game option is this small little corner square while adds are everything else. Hate the new dashboard.
koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
I think is psn got cross-game chat xboxlive would lose a lot of customers.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'd prefer it if MS actually INCREASED the price of live, and added a little bit of value in the process. The company is perfectly capable of offering tv/movie streaming. They could even include some kind of Comcast/ads/cable type tv service. $99/year for that would be cheap, and worth it. Heck, I'd pay $15/month for it.

BoristheBlade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BoristheBlade1
Member since 2012 • 94 Posts
Considering lately you can buy 12 months for $35-39 and a couple of times during the year you can grab a 12 month card for $29.99 I will still pay. Yes I am sucked in..
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I personally enjoy the Xbox menus and interface a lot more than PS3's. I also hate the PS3 controller.
AtariRules0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtariRules0000
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I hate that you have to have xbox gold for pretty much everything. But you do get a lot of cool features. Like this weekend I just used that UFC app to watch the pay per view. Same price as the normal version, but there were some cool interactive features that made it kinda interesting. (http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-on-xbox-live-now-avail)
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

ABSOLUTLY!!!!!! I switched to a ps3 for a while too save money on service, but psn went down for about 1.5 months. XBL is such a good service and its only about $6 a month if you pay for the hole year. Its such a great dervice too.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

buttonmash3r

No, the rule is people don't want to pay for something someone else gets for free. I lost my gold membership the other day and just found out that I can't use netflix so I said "**** this, time to get a ps3."

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

The average American/European spends €1150 a year on takeaway coffee.

The average household wastes up to €500 a year, simply by leaving electronic devices on standby. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Do I understand that simply paying for your own internet is by default a rip-off? Yes.

Do I understand that it's not the relatively tiny fee you have to pay, but the principle of the matter? Yes.

Do I think that paying €30 a year for countless hours of entertainment is worth it ? Absolutely.

Do I give a sh*t what internet randoms think of what I do with my hard-earned money? Absolutely not.

If you feel XBL is worth it to you, buy it. If you don't, don't. Nobody cares.

balfe1990

Pretty much this and if you find the right time, you can get a discount.

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="buttonmash3r"]

Ghost120x

No, the rule is people don't want to pay for something someone else gets for free. I lost my gold membership the other day and just found out that I can't use netflix so I said "**** this, time to get a ps3."

I thought the same way, but the truth is your not getting the "same thing" for free. Its desent though and it works. But theres no party system, the store isnt as good, the connection sometimes sucks. Ironically I prefer my ps3 for singleplayer even though the internet is free. Its a fantastic system though, psn just isnt as great as XBL.It went down for about 2 months not too long ago. Everyones credit card info was jacked...

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]

[QUOTE="buttonmash3r"]

scouttrooperbob

I thought the same way, but the truth is your not getting the "same thing" for free. Its desent though and it works. But theres no party system, the store isnt as good, the connection sometimes sucks. Ironically I prefer my ps3 for singleplayer even though the internet is free. Its a fantastic system though, psn just isnt as great as XBL.It went down for about 2 months not too long ago. Everyones credit card info was jacked...

yeah, but half the stuff im paying live for i don't even use. Online gaming and Netflix should be free like on psn and you should upgrade to gold if you want the bells and whistles (party chat, UFC ect)

but if MS did this they would watch their revenue from xbox live subscriptions plummet lol because most gamers don't care about that stuff.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
Well I actually just bought the 12 months live for $40 so I am pretty happy about that. I have been on PSN awhile now and I would give a 6-7 rating in my opinion, so I am going to give Xbox live a chance and see who I like the most, No fan boy here like both systems. Just want to try change for a while.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
If it didn't cost $80 in Australia then I would buy it. If it was $40 yes but considering I'd only play gears and halo on it, $80 is not worth it to me especially since I have a ps as well.
SouljerDGU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SouljerDGU
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Xbox360 has way more features then the Ps3, I had a ps3 first back 5 years ago and it was boring and horrible, the online features are very limited. It costs like $70 (australian currency) for a year, I would pay $100 a year for Live, way more **** to do.
RoboThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoboThreat
Member since 2008 • 439 Posts

yup, i will always pay.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

JayQproductions

/thread

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I don't play games online, so it'd be absolutely worthless for me. I've had a couple of the free trials before and used them and nothing really piqued my interest.
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]No, the rule is people don't want to pay for something someone else gets for free. I lost my gold membership the other day and just found out that I can't use netflix so I said "**** this, time to get a ps3."

Ghost120x

yeah, but half the stuff im paying live for i don't even use. Online gaming and Netflix should be free like on psn and you should upgrade to gold if you want the bells and whistles (party chat, UFC ect)

but if MS did this they would watch their revenue from xbox live subscriptions plummet lol because most gamers don't care about that stuff.

yeah its kind of lame that you have to have live to get into netflix... or buy arcade games,but as far as service goes they are better than ps3. But i completly understand what your saying. The main thing holding me back from ps3 online gaming over 360 is the fact that theres no party system.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

No, I hate paying for it. I think they should have 3 diffrent sets of live services.

Free Silver - What it is now

$20 Gold - Online gaming, party chat

$40 Platinum - What gold is now

JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JayQproductions

No, I hate paying for it. I think they should have 3 diffrent sets of live services.

$20 Gold - Online gaming, party chat

$40 Platinum - What gold is now

driftingsilvia

it would prolly be more like this...

$20 Gold - Netflix, facebook, Zune, Youtube, arcade games etc. (no online gaming or party chat)

$40 Gold - What it is now

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Who wants to pay? Nobody! But i think most of us would rather pay and have great online service. I used PSN in my days and hated it! I'll stick with XBL.

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

I'm actually getting pretty sick of paying for Live, even though it's not that much. I guess I'm sick of Microsoft's lack of console exclusives. the ps3 last year had tons of great exclusives, and has had tons more than xbox since the ps3 came out. I've heard that the internet service on ps3 kinda sucks, but at least they have some more unique games than xbox because let's face it, Microsofts only exclusives left are halo and gears of war.

HarryOsborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HarryOsborn
Member since 2012 • 339 Posts
yeah xbox is the best
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scouttrooperbob

Who wants to pay? Nobody! But i think most of us would rather pay and have great online service. I used PSN in my days and hated it! I'll stick with XBL.

insane_metalist

defanatly agree. Dont pay monthy ir tri monthly. Pay for the full year... saves alot of money and you dont have to worry about it for a full year. PSN mght be free but it couldgo down at any time and be unusable.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#40 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I actually forgot I that I pay for Live until this topic came up. I pay the full price in one shot once the time for renewel closes in. At the end of the day, I say it's worth paying for as I have been on it more than I am on m PS3 since 2010. (I bought the 360-S in 2010)

jcv1811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcv1811
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

I definitely consider the Xbox Live service to be plentyfull, offering movie content, news, etc. But alas, it IS expensive to pay 50$ a year to play online, when you can play for free in the PS3 or in a PC... I hope that in a future the cost to play Xbox online disappears...

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I'd rather not, but my PS3 is my single player console so yeah. I just dont like the online service on Playstation.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Gotta keep the cross-system chat in System Wars, folks (but for the record, I think $60/yr is a fair price for reliable online service).