Do you guys hate having unfinished games on your shelf?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
I absolutely hate having unbeaten games on my shelf, how about you guys?
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
I absolutely hate having unbeaten games on my shelf, how about you guys? BdogTheGamer
i dont like it much....i havent beaten forza 3 or forza 2 yet...and off shelf i havent beat splosion man or doom xbla yet...and i havent finished timeshift yet due to a hard boss fight...and i havent beaten hour of victory because of the ending boss
iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

I hate this aswell. I always seem to build up a big back catalogue of unfinished games whenever I find myself playing online in some massively competetive game ie MW2 or the halos :p. I do however have the discipline to put the online games away so I can get through all of the unfinished single player games. :)

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

I hate this aswell. I always seem to build up a big back catalogue of unfinished games whenever I find myself playing online in some massively competetive game ie MW2 or the halos :p. I do however have the discipline to put the online games away so I can get through all of the unfinished single player games. :)

iano-87
i have the opisit...i play the single player and complete it before i go to the mutiplayer to unlock all the guns and level up as high as i can
TruDawg32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TruDawg32
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts

Being OCD, I can definitely vouch for this topic. I've had Assassins Creed 2 for over a year and never touched it until now. I was close to completely putting it off due to other games coming up. But my OCDness took over and I forced myself to play it and finally beat it. Then there were those other games like Kameo, and Perfect Dark, those which I got at launch that I never did play until now. I had to finish them lol, otherwise it would nag at me. They're there and money was put towards them, so I at least have to owe my wallet some respect and at least play through them.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts
I absolutely hate having unbeaten games on my shelf, how about you guys? BdogTheGamer
i mean if they are good games i dont mind beating them. but if there unfinished because i didnt like it i dont mind
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Yes. I like to have my games beaten, not unfinished.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Yeah, I do hate it. I hate it so much I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore games until I beat all the ones I had. That was two years ago. :|

TruSake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TruSake
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

Can't say I do. I play a game until it's done... unless it's the mutliplayer achievements nowadays, because after 3 months I'm bored of playing it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I cant remember the last game I am finished. I ussually play the multiplayer mostly and alittle single player.
NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

I have several games that I have not yet finished. No good story or gameplay, and it most likely to be shelved.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Yep i hate it very much so. I still have Assassin's creed 2, Mass effect 2, and Lost odyssey to complete(let alone start...) but yet I managed to finish Black ops first?...Im just weird. I put a stop to that When I decided against purchasing AC: Brotherhood until I beat ACII. It doesnt help that I try to go for all the achievements...:(

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Yes I do and I also have unfinished downloadable games. I need to work on those because I get more games soon but I think it's going to be too late.

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

This is one of my biggest problems when it comes to gaming. I just can't pass up a good deal, so whenever I see a game I want to play go on sale it is like I lose all will power and have to buy it, despite the fact that I have 20 games on my shelf I have yet to get to. Luckily I do not have any money right now, so I can't waste it on games (hey, wait...)

Of course when I start a new game that I really enjoy I usually get caught up in it and only play that game for a long period (with the exception of short sessions of games like Rock Band in between with my roommates whom I stupidly told could play my system whenever they wanted as long as I wasn't playing). So no, I do not mind having unfinished games on my shelf. At this rate I will die before I am able to finish all of the games I have and will inevitably buy, so I figure why not just enjoy myself instead?

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
Depends on the game. I have too many games, thanks to a strange compulsion to buy games when they're available for a good price. Then goozex came along, and I traded a few high value games and picked up a bunch of older games I'd been meaning to play. Now I have a shelf full of games I haven't finished, some which I've never even played. If the game is good, I'll put the time into it. If it was purchased full price, same deal. The ones I got for cheap, I guess I just don't worry about them. Stupid, really, since with all the money I've put into those cheap games I could have put into good new games that really interested me... How's that for a vague, back and forth answer? So, anyone looking to buy a backlog of older games for cheap?
gate49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gate49
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
[QUOTE="BdogTheGamer"]I absolutely hate having unbeaten games on my shelf, how about you guys? Xbox360Gamer15
i dont like it much....i havent beaten forza 3 or forza 2 yet...and off shelf i havent beat splosion man or doom xbla yet...and i havent finished timeshift yet due to a hard boss fight...and i havent beaten hour of victory because of the ending boss

I started playing Forza 3 about 6 months ago and i still haven't completed it and i don't expect i ever will, its a great game but its incredibly long.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Being OCD, I can definitely vouch for this topic. I've had Assassins Creed 2 for over a year and never touched it until now. I was close to completely putting it off due to other games coming up. But my OCDness took over and I forced myself to play it and finally beat it. Then there were those other games like Kameo, and Perfect Dark, those which I got at launch that I never did play until now. I had to finish them lol, otherwise it would nag at me. They're there and money was put towards them, so I at least have to owe my wallet some respect and at least play through them.

TruDawg32
I am the same way. I still have games waiting for me... "play me, play me!" Anyways, due to time constrictions, I have to put some games off and play the ones I "feel" like playing first. It's all about the mood... but that games that are unfinished really nag me..event he ones I purchased for $5 off of STEAM.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

So, anyone looking to buy a backlog of older games for cheap?i_noseworthy

Do you live in London?

EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts

I always finish a game before going to the next one, after all how long will it take me? 15 hours average?

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

If i have games on my shelf this is because i have beaten them i liked them to be worthy of my collection. There is no single game on my shelf that i have not beaten. I dont usually buy in bulk simply becuase i tend to buy one game, beat and then buy another game (by that time the new game would have dropped in price)

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
[QUOTE="BdogTheGamer"]I absolutely hate having unbeaten games on my shelf, how about you guys? Flamingpostman
i mean if they are good games i dont mind beating them. but if there unfinished because i didnt like it i dont mind

this. also, if I like the game I finish it before moving on to the next. I only play one game at a time.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Well i think every gamer hate to see an unfinished game

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
yeah and unopened too.
akai_reaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 akai_reaver
Member since 2004 • 7754 Posts
Personally, I hate it. I have so many games I haven't finished up.
Wedge598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 Wedge598
Member since 2003 • 1263 Posts

I have quite a few I haven't finished. On average I seem to finish about 60% of the games I buy. Some of the ones I haven't finished I may go back and clean up later on but a few of those I just didn't like as much as I thought as I would and probably should sell them back. I hesitate to do that though as I keep thinking I'll give them another try sometime.

It's not unusal for me to play halfway through a game and then put it down for a while. Games like Assassin' Creed and Wet are good examples of games I loved but finished much later than when I started them. When the gameplay started to feel a little repetitive I put them down to play something else for a while. When I came back to them I fully enjoyed them to the end and ended up ranking them high on my list of games I loved.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I've had Assassins Creed 2 for over a year and never touched it until now.TruDawg32

Heh. I just started Assassin's Creed 2 the other day, myself. Actually the same evening I got home with Brotherhood.

I don't hate that I have unfinished games but also don't really care for it. My game time is ever increasingly limited, but I've still tried to keep up on the titles that interest me. I also have a habit of stopping good games to "savor" them while I finish lesser games. The usual result is it takes forever for me to get back to the game I was enjoying. (Now I'm just trying to weed out anything less than great. I don't have time for subpar experiences anymore).

Assassin_73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Assassin_73
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts
yea,kindda.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Not really, if I have unfinished games it's because I am playing others or just got bored of them.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I so many unplayed games among every console system : DS, 360, PSP, PS3, Wii, Ps2, even Ps1 games.

Yet i continue to buy new ones :P

I just feel one day ill play them. So it just keep my options open for now.

Now i got a gamefly account and feel like i HAVE to play these first to get my money's worth out it.

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts
Yes. Uncharted 2 is my only ps3 game, and I beat it once and kept it. I don't keep many 360 games, I play beat and If there's no mp I sell it. I also sell when I get the newest sequel or game of the series. I'm selling my ps3 soon due to lack of time and the distraction it is. Right now I got Bioshock 2 , it was grit but I can't see myself beating it now. My friend gave me red dead but I'm not in the mood. He also gave me ac 2 but I already got brotherhood so I'm not gna play it. I'm just gna finish black ops nd reach for now. Then get a wii and play oldschool side scrollers :)
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

no. i hate not being able to play them.

gate49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gate49
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
I have a lot of games i've never completed and i don't think i ever will because i bought them on impulse and they turned out to be rubbish.