Do you feel Microsoft may bring back mandatory kinect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

I would hate to see that happen imo. I enjoy my xb1 without it just fine. What's your opinion on this?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I thought it still was mandatory? Can you now buy xbox one without kinect bundled in at a cheaper cost

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

Every xbox one comes with a kinect, they are not selling xbox ones without kinect. I doubt they would make it mandatory to have kinect plugged in for the xbox to work. Remember Microsoft took a PR beating because of its policy's. I doubt they want to revisit those PR woes by reintroducing their highly unpopular policy's.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

To be honest sometimes I think about the same thing. Imagine Microsoft decide to bring back some of their old policies, nothing is stopping them if they decide to do so because we have all agreed to the terms and conditions which state things can be changed at any time. However I don't see them doing it, especially when it can affect sales.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I think they wont force Kinect to be required to be on at all times, but I don't know this for sure. However, I hope they keep the Kinect in every box. The issue the Xbox 360 had originally was without having a hard drive as standard, developers would not make games that required one due to a split user base (this has changed of course and you get games like Halo 4 that require installs). This would be the same issue for the Xbox One, if there is a console without Kinect it means developers are less likely to use the full hardware package to full potential (I.e we may not see games that push Kinect and make it something worth having). It is short on games now, but I feel with it being there as an option then it is more likely going to be used than not.

Solarplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Solarplex
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

Microsoft wants to appeal to everyone... no need to make kinect mandatory, if somebody likes it they can use it and not all games require it..... just like the VR Headset they will probably release, I'd think that they would want to set the precedence that accessories are not require to play the xbox. they want to keep core console gamers at its core. lol

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TurboGraphix

Yeah I always wonder if they would go back and force kinect. Everyone can agree it would boost their sales if they took kinect out and dropped the price. I understand they are trying to appeal to every kind of gamer and developers will utilize it, if it's in every box. I despise kinect and absolutely hate it, but more people enjoying games the better no matter how they are played. Just dont force it.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I'm pretty sure everyone would stop complaining about the Kinect if they dropped the price to $399.99

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TurboGraphix

@a55a55inx said:

I'm pretty sure everyone would stop complaining about the Kinect if they dropped the price to $399.99

Personally speaking, I still wouldn't want it. I do not like the device and it's pointless for me. It'd help sell quite a bit if it dropped to $400, that I won't doubt.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The Problem with Kinect is that its useless. make a hundred games for it then we'l talk about mandate.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

It'll return as will all the DRM. They wouldn't be Microsoft if they didn't screw you over after you gave them your money.