Do video games all suck now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for i_live_to_smash
I_Live_to_smash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Live_to_smash
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am just curious, I haven't looked into what other people have said but I have some beef with all video games and the "New" consoles.

I would like to know/ need to know what is actually going into these new games. What i mean by this is that, Forza 5 is 32.4 GB, Forza 4 is 7 GB... with 5x the amount of data shouldn't the game be 5x better, more cars more tracks better graphics just more. And its not... at all at best the game looks 10% better than forza 4. has way less cars and tracks. What kind of shit is that turn 10? I buy the new system so I can play your game, and you just take a massive steaming shit on my chest. I really really want to know the answer to this question... How many more cars could you of put into the game if there was no crowd? I mean what happened to trying to make a game worth playing.

Then there is Call of duty. Call of Duty MW- Ghosts are all the same with some nice changes along the way. But still the same.

Assassins creed IV- Same game different plot.

Ryse Son of Rome- 6hr game to beat? 34 GB of data thats 1360x more data than Zelda Ocarina of time and with all that space you couldn't give me a game that had more game play than Fucking ZELDA?????????????

I just don't understand guys. And is it just me or is it weird that with a New console drop there are only 3 new games the other 30 are just copies of old games? Ryse, Crimson dragon, and Lococycle... If that is the best you guys could come up with for a console drop I mind as well use the One for target practice, go back to the 360 and play copies of games that were once good till my thumbs fall off. But really why nothing new?

Why is there such an emphasis on graphics??? Why? why? why? and more importantly why sacrifice so much for such a small and almost irrelevant gain.

Who would equip a sword that is -5 dmg -5 speed -5 defense -5 crit -5 magic -5 range -5 health -5 agility +10 hair.........................

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Dead Rising 3. Problem solved! Best exclusive to date for the Xbone IMO.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

No, they just take up a shit load of space and huge patches....but the actual games themselves are great!

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#4 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

for example Forza 5 does look better than what Forza 4 looked, but the extra memory also goes to the simulation process, which if you read Turn 10's updates they are really deep, and well for other games more complex engines need more space for refinement since there are more things to render and taken into account, for example, in Zelda the ground was just flat, in Ryse you have individual digital grass blades, anyway I don't think gaming is getting worse, actually I think is getting better and more appealing, recently I've playing some HD reeditions from past generations, and the games are full of weird design editions (Fable anniversary, Banjo-kazooie, FarCry classic) as opposed to more directed experiences.

Also remember that this is the first generation of Xbox One games, the 360 had games like: Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Project Gotham Racing 3, which all were enjoyable when first released, but nothing compared to what came after in the console life cycle.

iCurtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iCurtis
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I think once more games come out the Xbox One will be better. I've heard Dead Rising 3 is meant to be short? Ryse Son of Rome is to short for my liking, and Forza isn't really my taste.

Of course now that the games are retailed at £50 a pop (Here in the UK) you'd expect a little bit more for your money. Once more developers come on the scene I'm sure everything will be fine.

You've got the likes of, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Dying light, Fable legends, Quantum break, Destiny, Witcher 3, Metal gear solid etc still to be launched. If the creates put more time into story mode as they do multiplayer I'm sure video games wouldn't be as bad. Just my opinion of course.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@i_live_to_smash:

Gaming is very limited to basically shooters and drivers. Not much of a choice really. Gameplay fell off almost 10 years ago.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

The (data)size of the game has more to do with the graphics than the length. Higher resolution textures will take up more than 2x as much data (than previous gen) alone. You also have to understand that these are launch titles. You're giving a developer brand new tools to learn and work with and a very limited deadline to create something with them. Give the developers a chance to really get a feel for the hardware and work with a more reasonable deadline before complaining.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

IMO video games do suck nowadays.

The new generation is to blame. This is all my opinion. I was born in 1990, but I love music and movies all from the 80's, early 90's. I think movies and music suck now too.

Technology is a different story, but I just think most of the new generation of people developing the games just don't have that "it" factor. its hard to explain. Look at RARE. Made amazing games. Killer instinct for example. Now look at the new Killer Instinct. technology has made the graphics and such look AMAZING. BUT, its garbage compared to the original game lol.

Its hard to explain but i hope you understand what im saying

People growing up listening to justin beiber and all this shitty music/movies/games are now the people creating games/music/movies.

we'll never have awesome games like from NES, SNES , n64 quality. the new mario games can't touch the old ones. We'll never have a mario 64 game. just sayin. everythings about graphics now and technology... what happened to making games simple and fun?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@gamemediator: You feel exactly the way I do, 80's thru mid 90's everything was better and its not just nostalgia. Perfect examples was the quality of almost all Nintendo games from those eras, and yes Rare they just had IT. Sega was pretty good also. Blizzard was awesome.

Music was better MJ and then alternative/grundge. Now its just that club sound with unremarkable people like Bieber and Miley.

Movies where better, look at the Disney movies from the early 90's. All there is now is crappy Marvel movies and junk remakes.