Do strict Rap listeners still enjoy Guitar Hero?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thornscar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Thornscar
Member since 2003 • 689 Posts
Just currious, Dont get me wrong I like both Rock and Rap. But I do prefer Rock. Do youhardcore rap listeners still rock out to Guitar Hero though?
Thornscar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thornscar
Does no one listen to only Rap music in the Forum?
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
I did, I don't like much rock but the game is still fun to me and I like all of the songs on there actually.
smashinjin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smashinjin12
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
yea i like mostly rap, I think GH is kind of fun when you have friends with you put it gets old quickly.
Tmills_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Tmills_basic
Member since 2002 • 483 Posts

Just currious, Dont get me wrong I like both Rock and Rap. But I do prefer Rock. Do youhardcore rap listeners still rock out to Guitar Hero though?Thornscar

As someone who listens to Rap (and R&B,Jazz, etcc... No Rock), I get no enjoyment out of the music in Guitar Hero, so the times I have played I had to look at it as a Rhythm Game. And as a Rhythm Game, its not fun and unbalanced. It goes from Boring (Easy and Medium) to frustratingly difficult on Hard and Expert (They expect you to know how to play an actual guitar, and I don't have one friend who knows how to play the guitar.) So to answer your question, No.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I've been listening to rap for 18 years it is by far my favorite genre of music and the genre I most listen to (even though the state of Hip Hop is in shambles these days). Still I consider myself a music lover instead of just a rap fan. I like just about every genre of music and at least can find an artist or some songs that appeal to me. Even so I listen to Rap about 75% of the time.

I love Guitar Hero andI can't wait for Rock Band.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

If you only enjoy rap you won't like the game... If you say you like the songs on guitar hero, then you're saying that you like rock...

But IMO the whole deal of only liking 1 type of music is extremely ignorant. I respect having a favorite genre, but only 1 genre... geesh!! There's too much good music out there.

Thornscar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thornscar

Maybe they should have a rap hero with turntables and a microphone. That would be pretty sweet if they made it right.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
yeah i listen to mostly rap and i still enjoy GH.
PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
I know some that have no interest in the music or using the guitar to play the game. But when I tell them that you can use the controller to play it, they enjoy the game. I know one or two people that can go head to head with someone on hard using the controller while the other person uses the guitar. It's impressive.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
Just currious, Dont get me wrong I like both Rock and Rap. But I do prefer Rock. Do youhardcore rap listeners still rock out to Guitar Hero though?Thornscar
i love rap i had a bit of fun only until i got to medium and then i gave up
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

Maybe they should have a rap hero with turntables and a microphone. That would be pretty sweet if they made it right.

Thornscar

they had one with Funkmaster Flex just look it up...

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts
i like SOME rap (Common, Black Eyed Peas, Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr), and I don't listen to heavy metal that much, but I still enjoy GH2 and it's heavy metal songs. Some of it has actually turned me into listening to metal, and recently I've gotten into Metallica and Rammstein because of GH.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I did the one day I was in CircuitCity lol. Great game btw.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
[QUOTE="Thornscar"]

Magna_Man109

they had one with Funkmaster Flex just look it up...

there was another one to called get on da mic or something they were both horrible though

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

[QUOTE="Thornscar"]Just currious, Dont get me wrong I like both Rock and Rap. But I do prefer Rock. Do youhardcore rap listeners still rock out to Guitar Hero though?Tmills_basic

As someone who listens to Rap (and R&B,Jazz, etcc... No Rock), I get no enjoyment out of the music in Guitar Hero, so the times I have played I had to look at it as a Rhythm Game. And as a Rhythm Game, its not fun and unbalanced. It goes from Boring (Easy and Medium) to frustratingly difficult on Hard and Expert (They expect you to know how to play an actual guitar, and I don't have one friend who knows how to play the guitar.) So to answer your question, No.

You do know GH and Guitar have nothing in common right? Most guitarists have more difficulty making the transition because they aren't used to it because in GH there's 1 style of playing and in real guitar there's many.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Rap is my favorite genre, but I'm no ignorant close minded listener. I love soul, R&B, Jazz, funk, etc....

I'm not really a fan of rock or the songs on GH but it's still a fun game.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Trogdor is gonna burninate you
anthonyperes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points