do a lot of people play Team Fortress 2 and is it any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrStewie04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrStewie04
Member since 2005 • 543 Posts
is Team Fortress 2 a worth addition to the Orange Box? im thinking of getting Orange Box and i was afraid that TF2 would be boring and it would be waste of money. so do a lot of people play it and is it fun?
KidCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KidCatalyst
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
yea there always seems to be a steady stream of people on tf2 and its definitely a worthy addition to the orange box, all the different classes are fun and once you get a good team with people working together it really takes off, not to mention the other 4 awesome games in the orange box. the whole package is definitely worth it
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
There are enough people playing to find games, and the lag is minimal now, I think its pretty fun but there is alot of people who dont understand it/dont like it, but if I were you and you really want the orange box for TF2 then I would get it for the PC if you pc can handle it, but if not, the 360 version is a wonderful solution.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I think it's excellent. The online community is so much better than games such as Halo and Gears of War. I've not incountered one jerk with TF2, so far anyway.
Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts

I love Team Fortress 2! It's one of my favourite shooters at the moment. However, you really need to be in a talkative team to get the most out of it, because it's such a big team game. If you don't work together, you'll get wiped out pretty quickly. But it's also a lot of fun, and I love all the different classes. I'm a medic!

There's always rooms available when I hop on, although because Live was poorly yesterday I had quite a lot of trouble connecting.

fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fakkhead
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
If you can you should get TF2 for the PC, it got alot more maps and bigger community. But with that being said the 360 version is still ALOT of fun and if you can find people with good connections you will have a blast.
bjswish23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bjswish23
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
It is very fun i really like it even though i have Halo 3 and COD4.
70sdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 70sdude
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts
i only have positive things to say about TF2, highly recomended especially if you like class based multiplayer thats balanced.
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I like it but not addicted to it. There's a lot of different classes but some don't give you any major advantage compared to others.
fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fakkhead

I like it but not addicted to it. There's a lot of different classes but some don't give you any major advantage compared to others.Thorpe89

Naah, imo every class has there own advantage.

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
I think it is a good multiplayer but not stellar. It can be kind of hard to find a match that is not lagging but when you do find one I never really felt compelled to continue playing for more than an hour or so. It is worth a try at the very least.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

even tho I imagine way more people are playing on PC, the game has its fair share of traffic on the 360. The only major complaint I have is they need more modes and levels for TF2... until then, I'll enjoy the other great games in Orange Box ;)

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I like it but not addicted to it. There's a lot of different classes but some don't give you any major advantage compared to others.fakkhead

Well, guess it depends on if there is a good combination of classes being used. No good having all medics or all spies.
fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fakkhead
[QUOTE="fakkhead"]

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I like it but not addicted to it. There's a lot of different classes but some don't give you any major advantage compared to others.Thorpe89

Well, guess it depends on if there is a good combination of classes being used. No good having all medics or all spies.

True to that. What I like about the community in this game is that they all seem to understand that this is a game which teamplay is the key to succes. TF2 is not Quake :) Atleast thats what I've experienced so far.

sonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonj
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts

I wanted to give it a shot but never pulled the trigger on the game. I know the mod that came out for free with the original half life was AWSOME on PC. Huge community tons of clans and the clan rankings were great. To make the game seem better yo uneed to play some clan matches because each class is used specifically and you can see how much more balanced it really is. But again that is the older Team Fortress I am talking about...

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
is Team Fortress 2 a worth addition to the Orange Box? im thinking of getting Orange Box and i was afraid that TF2 would be boring and it would be waste of money. so do a lot of people play it and is it fun?DrStewie04
it is the best part of the orange box IMO
WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
i think you guys are forgetting that TF2 lags bad. i mean it lags so bad it is unplayable. i am trading in my copy of the orange box today. it is not worth $60. unless that is you can follow the weird twisted story of HAlf life 2. portal is too easy. but TF2.....it would be fun if it had no lag.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#18 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

im sure there's tons of people playing it

i hated it...the worest game in the bunch by far

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
it's 10 times better than Halo 3, because it's actually fun to play.
chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
i think you guys are forgetting that TF2 lags bad. i mean it lags so bad it is unplayable. i am trading in my copy of the orange box today. it is not worth $60. unless that is you can follow the weird twisted story of HAlf life 2. portal is too easy. but TF2.....it would be fun if it had no lag.WiiNut6493
you must have a bad connection because i have not experienced any lag in tf2
theshireling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theshireling
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
the lag isnt that bad.I have played for about four hours and its only lagged once..