Disc Unreadable Errorin two games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowedSin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowedSin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm getting a wider opinion on something that I have found happening on two of my games. On Gears of War during a specific loading screen near the end of the Hall of Sovereigns the game lags a bit then I get the "Disc Unreadable Error". I found this first happening on a co-op game with a friend, so I tested to see if that singular file was corrupted, I started a new campaign, and loaded that point, and found it happening again. On Tales of Vesperia, whenever I attempt to first enter the Desert City of Nordapolica, I get the same error. I have left the ship and then tried to get back on and enter and it is the same error over and over again. Now I have viewed the discs, both seem to have some scratches on them. So my question is this? Is this a disc issue (meaning I just buy new copies) or is it my Xbox? Just to let you know, my copy of Left 4 Dead has not had this problem yet. So far I'm thinking its a disc issue. Just want to get a wider opinion before I do anything.
ShadowedSin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ShadowedSin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I viewed both games, each has a circular scratched ring on the under side.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I suggest you try to install all of your games to your harddrive when you first get them, as it will tell you if it can't read the disc during this process.

When I first bought Oblivion brand new, I got a disc that had a small flaw in it, and made it unplayable past the first few minutes of the game. When I bought a used copy of PGR3 for my dad, it wouldn't work either.

So really you have to make sure your discs are healthy right from the start, since this can happen with brand new discs out of the box.

jackophant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jackophant
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Your xbox will die soon.