Disc Unreadable Error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

--Rampage--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 --Rampage--
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
Does anyone else get this error? You know the one that says the disc is dirty or damaged when actually you just got home from buying the game. Is this normal? Does it only happen on certain games? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'd like to hear from you guys. Thanks.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
well mines worse and i could tell you yours will be getting worse too......and i am afraid there is no fix for it.....mine takes 10-15 tries to make my system read any disk.....you could fix it maybe at your shop or something but u will validate your warranty if u have one so yeah i insist u not doing that.....but if its the last thing u do...then do it.
mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts

Does anyone else get this error? You know the one that says the disc is dirty or damaged when actually you just got home from buying the game. Is this normal? Does it only happen on certain games? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'd like to hear from you guys. Thanks.--Rampage--

YES YES YES. I just bought TES:Oblivion from Best Buy today, and I frequently get this error. I have another post on it as well. I really want a PS3=)

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
well but i am pretty happy with my system still because its a launch system and i am happy that i never had something called the three red ring....i only had this problem and i could fix it at my local store...and i will soon....but i after i play gta4 today:P
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
Yeah i get it sometimes, got it like 4 times while playing Mass Effect and like 2 times while playing DMC4.
JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts
I got it alot on mass effect before the game just stopped working completly. Ive gotten it 3 times with GTA IV already.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I got it a couple of times way back when I first got my console, but not once since.
rbrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rbrush
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Had the same problem. It might refer to a problem with the hard drive, not the game disc. Try disconnecting your hard drive and playing the game. If that works, try deleting any saved games or even formatting the hard drive and playing. If you really can't get it to work with the hard drive attached, try buying a memory unit and using that, just playing without a hard drive.

jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
Some games are more likely to give it than others. Halo3, GTA4 have never done it to me, but Oblivion, Lost Oddysey do it alot. There is something defective about the disc drive that causes it. I can hear the drive spin real hard then make a terrible grinding noise before it happens to me. Thanks Microsoft, despite how terrible this makes me feel, it's not nearly as bad as Vista. ;)
t8trg8tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 t8trg8tr
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
Every now and then I do, but not often.
Avatar image for philyeagles2453
philyeagles2453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 philyeagles2453
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I get these errors but very rarely and only on certain games. For some reason i think leaving the disc in the system instead of putting it in the case has something to do with it. because when i take mine out and put it back in the 360 after letting it sit for 10 or 15 minutes, its fine. Ive only had these problems with MLB 2K8.
Sladdy_Deeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Sladdy_Deeve
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
Had this frequently, until i realised games worked fine without HDD. Clear the cache and the problem will be solved.
teaabags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 teaabags
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts
i get this problem, but i also get the drawer not closed and no disc in it messages too, im currently playing mass effect so its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo irritating when it happens almost on a daily basis
G-Blunted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G-Blunted
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts
Disc Unreadable Error is different than Disk is Dirty or Damaged. I've been getting the dirty or damaged error...and over the last 4 months it's just been getting worse and worse. When it started getting worse, simple fix was to let the xbox cool down, just turn it off for half hour or an hour and it would work fine again for a while. Now that doesn't really work anymore....and it works with all games brand newly (rented) or old games i havn't played but should work. I'm here researching the issue now because it's gotten so bad. I think it's the DVD Drive is simply giving out....which i think was linked to heat for a while but it's now past that.....Next thing to do for me i think is to find another drive i can put in (bought my xbox 360 last christmas! Been almost exactly a year before its gone out, and i got it off ebay so the warrenty was already voided (didn't know that) and so that's why ima find another drive and do it myself because xbox won't....)