Disc menu goes back to open tray option

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for baseballcrazybo
baseballcrazybo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 baseballcrazybo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have two Xbox 360's, one works the other doesn't. Before the update, dashboard thingy, the one that doesn't work would say "The disc is unreadable" or something to that effect. Now that the update has applied, it just says reading, than goes back to the open tray option. I know it is something with the dvd drive, BTW I have the Toshiba/Samsung TS-H943A. I have already disassembled the Xbox, so I can't send it back in, Oh Darn(sarcastically), and I was wondering if it is just the laser in the dvd drive that needs to be replaced or if I should just buy a new drive(for 60$ cheaper than sending it in to Micrsoft might I add)

fritzelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fritzelin
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I have two Xbox 360's, one works the other doesn't. Before the update, dashboard thingy, the one that doesn't work would say "The disc is unreadable" or something to that effect. Now that the update has applied, it just says reading, than goes back to the open tray option. I know it is something with the dvd drive, BTW I have the Toshiba/Samsung TS-H943A. I have already disassembled the Xbox, so I can't send it back in, Oh Darn(sarcastically), and I was wondering if it is just the laser in the dvd drive that needs to be replaced or if I should just buy a new drive(for 60$ cheaper than sending it in to Micrsoft might I add)

baseballcrazybo

replace the drive

Avatar image for baseballcrazybo
baseballcrazybo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 baseballcrazybo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Thanks.:)

fritzelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fritzelin
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

ya becaus i think that any dvd drive will do it but i dont think blu ray will work but just a cheap old dvd player drive will work