This topic is locked from further discussion.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
 I didn't like it . I think the bloom was overused , framerate is low , most cars have a glossy effect , and the driving is too arcadey while the physics are horrible compared to Forza. And the worst part is if you aren't first in a race t the guys calls you "buddy"  which drives me nuts.
danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
Dirt is amazing man
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

Dirt is amazing man danjam2007

Glad you enjoy it .THis is one of those games everyone likes yet somehow I can't get into them like lost planet. I think I exagerated calling it crap... 

JhnB3707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JhnB3707
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts
DIRT is pretty fun if you are into raliisport racing games which by the sound of your post you arent
Coyote32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Coyote32
Member since 2007 • 1424 Posts
I like the occasinal raceing games but this is not one I would rent. I dont buy raceing games. The Demo just seemed boreing.
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts
 I didn't like it . I think the bloom was overused , framerate is low , most cars have a glossy effect , and the driving is too arcadey while the physics are horrible compared to Forza. And the worst part is if you aren't first in a race t the guys calls you "buddy"  which drives me nuts.turgore
well dirt is the color of crap hahahahaha. no but seriously, i would pick the first party title over thrid party title, thats why im probably gettin forza and NOT dirt. dont know much bout pgr4 yet so we'll hav 2 see wut happens with that
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts
lmao, pretty funny.  Of course your not going to like it if you cant even name that "guy."
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

[QUOTE="danjam2007"]Dirt is amazing man turgore

Glad you enjoy it .THis is one of those games everyone likes yet somehow I can't get into them like lost planet. I think I exagerated calling it crap...

i think lost planet was great. i can understand your points about dirt though... i do wish the cars would look this good in Forza2 though... 

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I thought it was pretty fun... i'm definately gonna get it.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

The demo is ok I suppose. Im not sure on how the cars handle. It seems too sensitive how they just turn on the spot almost.

But the damage engine is fantastic and it seems pretty fun.  

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
I am not a big racing game fan but I had some minor enjoyment playing Dirt.
Yuck_Too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yuck_Too
Member since 2003 • 4261 Posts

Personally I like the Burnout's better then the PGR's and the difference in driving games is as dramatic as FPS (Gears is not like Splinter)...it's all just a matter of personal preference in the end.

(so don't yell at me when I use your car as a moving bumper in Forza :P )

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
guys you must realize. this is a sim racer and the cars and buggys handle like they would on dirt. go take your car or truck and drive it to the nearest field and youll know what im talking about. this isnt asphalt we are driving on here. they call it DiRT for a reason
thomass60r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 thomass60r
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts
i felt that the cars were too light they flicked round corners like a piece of paper they never fel heavy at all and little rumble was felt through the controller so yeh it fel a bit arcadey even with its stunning graphics im just going to buy forza 2
YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YoshiFrag
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
I had more fun with DiRT than with Forza.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
Dirt is my favorite racing game up to this date and with racing wheel it is even better. Forza2 dont have the camera angle there you see through driver eyes and see the wheel in the car etc, that is boring they left that out.
mpattni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mpattni
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts

Dirt is really amazing.....me likey long time

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

I must agree. 

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

guys you must realize. this is a sim racer and the cars and buggys handle like they would on dirt. go take your car or truck and drive it to the nearest field and youll know what im talking about. this isnt asphalt we are driving on here. they call it DiRT for a reasonFUBAR24

they handle exactly the same on the tarmac course

NaCl-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaCl-
Member since 2002 • 925 Posts
Notice that there wasn't any dust on the hill climb also? The game is still in progress so they still have time to treak the handling etc.
RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
I didn't a like the DiRT demo.  The cars go into massive powerslide like its nobody's business.  I don't like how you can go full speed at all times.  Honestly, I used the brake like twice, and relized after I came out of the turn that I could have taken it much faster.  I'm getting Forza and maybe I'll rent DiRT.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
DiRT is my favorite racing I've played, and it washes away the bad taste that Forza 2 left. The only thing I hate is Travis in the Main Menu. Annoying.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]guys you must realize. this is a sim racer and the cars and buggys handle like they would on dirt. go take your car or truck and drive it to the nearest field and youll know what im talking about. this isnt asphalt we are driving on here. they call it DiRT for a reasonfenwickhotmail

they handle exactly the same on the tarmac course

when then we must be playing a different game. i thought the handling was good on the tarmac course.although i did find the brakes a bit on the sensitive side but this is all something to get use too 

trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
the dirt demo was really fun, way better than forza. but if u think its not a gome worth gettin then u made up ur mind. and lost planet is a good game.
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

I thought the graphics were great, but nothing else was really special.

I'm not a fan of Rally (or any real racing actually). I thought the 3 courses in the demo were boring. And the gameplay was meh... it seemed like when you turned you were driving a hover machine.

I really like MotorStorm's idea: different types of cars racing on a wide track with different ways to go. Guess they screwed up somewhere though.

Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
I had much more fun with DiRT than Forza.  I just find Forza extremely boring.  It is just was too much of a simulation for me.  I do like realistic racing games (PGR3, etc.), but I can't really get into the simulation-type games.
JMDavis07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JMDavis07
Member since 2007 • 355 Posts

They weren't trying to go for a Motorstorm feel. I liked the demo and thought it was a good bit of fun (Ickler FTW). I've always loved Rally Racing and all but I still don't think I'll BUY it. Just seems like it won't keep me busy for extended periods of time.

Gamefly for the win yo.

Forza demo sucked, real game WILL be better 

gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts
Rally Sport is a really good game Dirt to me just sucks only reason people like it here cause its have nice enviroment graphics. It has poor handling and physics and it is arcaded which its not suppose to be. I really wish they made Rally sport 3 the true rally sim.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
I originally hated the cars handling they felt like you were hovering above the track rather than on it but i changed to racing with the in-car view and those problems even though they are still there they are much less noticable. The only thing i really hope they tweak a little is the braking its just too extreme they need thr braking distance a little bit longer and wish they would get rid of Pastrana(sp) his voice is so annoying sadly that wont happen.
DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts
Im buying it the day its released. :D
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

I didn't like it . I think the bloom was overused , framerate is low , most cars have a glossy effect , and the driving is too arcadey while the physics are horrible compared to Forza. And the worst part is if you aren't first in a race t the guys calls you "buddy" which drives me nuts.turgore

Demo, the framerate in the final version will be 50fps, and the physics are awesome imo.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
guess i better get on it and download the demo.....this game looks really good to me...
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

[QUOTE="danjam2007"]Dirt is amazing man turgore

it isn't even close to crap; it is AWESOME! 

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I enjoyed the DiRT demo more than Forza, so I may just give Forza a rent.
HardwareLust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HardwareLust
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I gotta say, I really liked the demo.  I will agree, the cars seemed a little 'light' feeling, and I imagine it would play a lot better with the wheel (which I haven't bought yet).  I will definitely be buying this one (soon as I find a decent price). 

Between this and Forza 2, I think I'm going to be spending a *lot* of time driving this summer. :D  That's not a bad thing.

Just try to remember that  the demo is actually behind the retail game in development by weeks or months.  Also realize that they may use different textures/models and other stuff in the demo to save space and time.  There may be many things that get changed/fixed between when the demo is made and the game goes gold. 

Frankly, I think Codemasters did a better job with the Dirt demo compared to the Forza demo.  I think the Forza people could have given us a bit more variety.  

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FUBAR24

I had much more fun with DiRT than Forza. I just find Forza extremely boring. It is just was too much of a simulation for me. I do like realistic racing games (PGR3, etc.), but I can't really get into the simulation-type games.Goldeneyemaster

um PGR3 is not realistic at all.the only thig realstic about it is its enviornments

DeltoidRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeltoidRecon
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="turgore"] DIRT is crap ! [QUOTE/]

So are you
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
i think its awsome.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts
Enjoyed the dirt demo myself...Ill be buying both dirt an forza2...Only cause im a race car nut...Dirt is a off race kind of game..An if you judge a game buy a demo  your kind of nuts..Most games dont include every thing thats in a demo..
suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts

I enjoyed it a lot. I am really looking forward to getting it. I guess its not for everyone though

Avatar image for Naturalselectio
Naturalselectio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Naturalselectio
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

Game=Good

Cheesy Commentator=What were they thinking?!?

Damn he is annoying and sounds really smug too

couse91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 couse91
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts

I didn't like it . I think the bloom was overused , framerate is low , most cars have a glossy effect , and the driving is too arcadey while the physics are horrible compared to Forza. And the worst part is if you aren't first in a race t the guys calls you "buddy"  which drives me nuts.turgore

DiRT was fun man. Graphics were insane on the Germany track.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i cant really say i enjoyed the demo because i didnt, the graphics were good but i thought the controls were really weird IMO it felt like when the cars turned they were too light.
Tmills_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tmills_basic
Member since 2002 • 483 Posts
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
At first I couldn't really get into DiRT. But I gave it another try and learned how to turn and drift properly and now I'm having a blast. I think alot of the people who don't like DiRT haven't fully learned the controls yet, turning without slaming into a wall or spinning out takes a bit of practice.